Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Future family plans

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nick

Anyone have any future family plans? Like do you plan on getting married and having kids? Or do you plan to stay single? There are advantages to both, and Paul even points out in 1 Corinthians 7 that it can even be better for a person to be single and therefore be able to do the Lord's work without family hinderence.

Plans? Or just going with the flow?

Thoughts?

I haven't thought that far ahead. I think we should definitely plan our careers and how we are going to get there before we start thinking about having a family.

I would get married if the right woman comes along, however if my kids are going to be anything like me, I'm not so sure I want to have kids.

Well I do plan on getting married as of now at some point. I would also like to have three kids or so after that. But I'm fourteen, so I've got a lot of time ahead of me. :)

This is thie area that I don't really have a 'plan'. I've got work plans etc, but no really specific relationship plans. God did tell us not to get too preoccupied with future plans, but there is no wrong in thinking about it. I'm just going to go with the flow and see if God brings a woman to me and if we get married and have kids, then so be it. I'm fine with going with what God wants me to do, although to feel like this is hard. I do have a hard time sometimes trusting God in this area, as since I'm 17 lots of my friends are getting into relationships. But we'll see what happens I guess.

For you guys that are 14, 15, I'd say don't worry about it at all. You don't need plans when you're that young, but in a few months I'll be an adult legally and I want to have some future plans/thoughts.

Yeah, I'm 16 and I have friends in relationships too, but I'm not even considering one right now. I don't think there is a need to be in a relationship until one is past their teens. It is improbable that one would find their future spouse at such a young age, and being in a relationship distracts us from school, and takes up a lot of time and sometimes money that can be better spent doing something else.

Not to mention that nobody would want to be in a relationship with me, haha.

Nick said:
This is thie area that I don't really have a 'plan'. I've got work plans etc, but no really specific relationship plans. God did tell us not to get too preoccupied with future plans, but there is no wrong in thinking about it. I'm just going to go with the flow and see if God brings a woman to me and if we get married and have kids, then so be it. I'm fine with going with what God wants me to do, although to feel like this is hard. I do have a hard time sometimes trusting God in this area, as since I'm 17 lots of my friends are getting into relationships. But we'll see what happens I guess.

For you guys that are 14, 15, I'd say don't worry about it at all. You don't need plans when you're that young, but in a few months I'll be an adult legally and I want to have some future plans/thoughts.

Well at the time being, I have no plans of getting into any relationships until I'm out of high school. As it is, i have seven classes to keep up with, five of which are honors, and one of which is band, a class I struggle with and do need to put effort into. Next year I will have eight classes, six of which will be honors, one that will be (hopefully) concert band, and the other an advanced art program. It's not going to change too much after that, being I'll probably be taking AP courses when I can. For the next four years I don't need the distraction of being in a relationship. :lol
But I do have to say I also have trouble trusting in God in this area. I do worry that I will end up alone for waiting too long to get into a relationship, or marry too late to have children. I love children, so that's a big reason behind it. Quite a bit early to be worrying about that though. Haha.

This may sound a bit odd but I always pictured myself being happier alone. I have lived a pretty rough childhood and I can't really see myself as being an acceptable father figure or husband towards anyone else.

JoshTraceur1992 said:
This may sound a bit odd but I always pictured myself being happier alone. I have lived a pretty rough childhood and I can't really see myself as being an acceptable father figure or husband towards anyone else.
If it is God's Will, so be it. Paul even says that to glorify God and to spread the Gospel it would be better if one was alone.

But do not underestimate the power of God to change anyone.

I used to hate the thought of being married, but now that I'm 17, I love the idea. Since I know that I'm mature and that I do plan on actually having some kind of career, I know I can be married. Also, if I do have kids, there was no doubt in my mind when I decided that I would raise my children in a Christian enviroment, like my parents did for me.

Girls in Tennessee have been getting married as soon as they graduate, these days o.o I know so many girls who have just been married, even if they're only 17! Now, I don't really want to get married so young, but I know I could handel it.

I want to marry someone who's willing to travel a lot, because I've always wanted to see the world. Also, someone who has a great sense of humor. Me and my siblings are pretty....uhh... silly, I guess. We joke around ALL the time. Of course, I'm not gonna just settle with someone if they have these traits, only. A devoted Christian is a must! :biggrin

So, that's how I feel.

Hey, random note, my forum status changed! I'm now a Forum Friend! YAY!

nalini-dahlia said:
I used to hate the thought of being married, but now that I'm 17, I love the idea. Since I know that I'm mature and that I do plan on actually having some kind of career, I know I can be married. Also, if I do have kids, there was no doubt in my mind when I decided that I would raise my children in a Christian enviroment, like my parents did for me.

Girls in Tennessee have been getting married as soon as they graduate, these days o.o I know so many girls who have just been married, even if they're only 17! Now, I don't really want to get married so young, but I know I could handel it.

I want to marry someone who's willing to travel a lot, because I've always wanted to see the world. Also, someone who has a great sense of humor. Me and my siblings are pretty....uhh... silly, I guess. We joke around ALL the time. Of course, I'm not gonna just settle with someone if they have these traits, only. A devoted Christian is a must! :biggrin

So, that's how I feel.
Sounds like you've got a good bit worked out. Sounds similar to me in that I didn't used to see marraige/kids as a great option, but I certainly do now. Our family is travelling to Europe next year after I finish school, so that should be awesome. :)

nalini-dahlia said:
Hey, random note, my forum status changed! I'm now a Forum Friend! YAY!
Yay! I remember the days when changing rank status was so cool, but when you're a moderator it doesn't change :sad. Never mind, green is cool. :biggrin

Nick said:
nalini-dahlia said:

So, that's how I feel.
Sounds like you've got a good bit worked out. Sounds similar to me in that I didn't used to see marraige/kids as a great option, but I certainly do now. Our family is travelling to Europe next year after I finish school, so that should be awesome. :)

[quote="nalini-dahlia":lwo6ks7p]Hey, random note, my forum status changed! I'm now a Forum Friend! YAY!
Yay! I remember the days when changing rank status was so cool, but when you're a moderator it doesn't change :sad. Never mind, green is cool. :biggrin[/quote:lwo6ks7p]
Well, if it makes you feel any better, green’s my favorite color! :approve

I WANNA GO TO EUROPE! Sorry! That sounds cool. I’m sure you’ll have a blast!!

Marriage... yes.

Children... yes.

Actually I have always wanted a few kids (meaning more than two)... And dogs, I like dogs a lot

I think 3 kids is a good number IMO. Up until 3 years ago I was one of two, and now one of 3 and I reckon 2 gets a little lonely.

Nick said:
I think 3 kids is a good number IMO. Up until 3 years ago I was one of two, and now one of 3 and I reckon 2 gets a little lonely.

Ya I figure three or four kids would do just fine.

Nick said:
Is that even possible? :chin

Yes.

30x9 months = 270 months / 12 = 22.5 years...

If you start having kids at say 15 (legal marriage age in most states) than when you ding 37 you could theoretically have had 30 kids, though giving a grace period of one month (a little more reasonable) by the time you ding 40 you'd have 30 kids... dang, thats a lot of kids

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back