Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gap in Daniel's 70 weeks

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is the use of "pour out my Spirit" in relation to the tribulation, if so, why is it mentioned in Acts 2? Could this be where we find the missing days from Daniel's 70 weeks?

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Isa 32:14 Because the palaces shall be forsaken; the multitude of the city shall be left; the forts and towers shall be for dens for ever, a joy of wild asses, a pasture of flocks;
Isa 32:15 Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.
Isa 32:16 Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.
Isa 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Isa 32:18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

I don't know if this is appropriate to post (seriously I am not trying to advertise) but I have for years wanted to do a verbal debate on Daniel 9. I have ZERO verbal debate experience but have extensive written debate experience, and some people, even those who oppose me, think I am a capable written debater. I suspect I will not be a competent verbal debater, but I would like to try.

Any potential takers? This might be a good opportunity to have a debate with "champions" so to speak from two theology forum, I would represent TheologyWeb and someone from here would represent the traditional dispensational view. (that is the sort of opponent I am qualified to debate)

Thoughts? I would not be able to do it for a few months, but it might be fun. I am thinking Paltalk. (this is somewhat contingent on my health, those who know me know that I have had on and off serious health concerns for several years - one of my conditions have finally been diagnosed [yeah!] but at least one more is still a medical mystery with some pretty scary possibility bandied about)

(Admins, if this is not the sort of thing you want posted please just delete my post)

Dee Dee said:
(Admins, if this is not the sort of thing you want posted please just delete my post)
Aah, we are not that strict around here. 8-)

I am not that good at debates and my views and timelines shift as I learn more. But maybe Jason?

<run away!!!>

Daniel 9 actually isn't my strongest point, I am trying to get much more proficient at it. If you can't sleep one night and need a good sleep aid, I have written about 115 pages on Matthew 24 (and would gladly do a verbal debate with a futurist on Matthew 24)

http://www.preteristsite.com/plain/warrenend.html

JM said:
5 to stay alive! Pure Grace! Calvinism! Soteriology! The TULIP!

8-)

Vic, you might enjoy the links below on Dan. 9. If I'm not mistake, it's a similar view held by Newton. [Premil Historicism?]

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showt ... joe+haynes
http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showt ... joe+haynes

Ohhh those five points! You had me scratching at my head at what exactly the five points of Daniel 9 were.

Speaking of Soteriology, I have a Google search open from this afternoon I've yet to start browsing! LOL

I guess I am never going to get a good taker on this....

My friend Dee Dee Warren; I believe you are the one that
used to email me to join her forums! :-D How are you?

What do you want to know about the 70 weeks? Mind you---- I'm a futurist because I believe the bible VERY clearly talks about Christ's literal return and He must take the throne of David. (Acts 1:11, Luke 1:32)

tim_from_pa said:
My friend Dee Dee Warren; I believe you are the one that
used to email me to join her forums! :-D How are you?

What do you want to know about the 70 weeks? Mind you---- I'm a futurist because I believe the bible VERY clearly talks about Christ's literal return and He must take the throne of David. (Acts 1:11, Luke 1:32)

Hi Tim, it is possible, but I have really really bad memory. I am doing very well in some respects and poorly in others (i.e. health not so hot, but one when has Christ that is better than health).

I am looking for someone (dispensational futurist) to have a verbal debate with me on the 70 weeks. Do you fit the ticket?

(and I believe in a literal return as well to make that clear) :)

Dee Dee:

What do you want to debate about? that the last week takes place in the future but the first 69 were historical up to and including the first coming of Christ?

My position that the 70 weeks are over versus the dispensational position that the 70th week is yet future, and at least part of it represents some future Great Tribulation.

Back