Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Genesis 3:21

I'll watch and tell you the spots you missed.

hello StoveBolt, dirtfarmer here

You have to make sure that you are as capable as Reba, she has an eagle eye and can see those spots from a hundred miles away, and not only that, but she swings a mean "rollin pin".

Genesis 3:21
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.../

Lately, I've been wondering if the Lord made for them coats out of skins for them...or our skin itself?

Our Spirit used to have the preeminent position within our being, and Adam & Eve actually glowed as spirit beings made out of light. When we fell, the flesh took the preeminent position and our spirit got pushed inside of us...or was it covered by mans skin.

This might be hard to accept. I'm sure I'll get jumped on and told I'm wrong...but I'm not so sure that I am. "Coat" in Hebrew usually means linen, but not absolutely always. Our skin is a garment, akin to a tent or temporary dwelling. Just something to think about...:thinking

Interesting thoughts, in my feeble little mind I don't see Adam or Eve being created with a spirit. Adam was created a living soul with the ability to contain spirit-nature-life in his creation, which was to come from God his creator. My understanding is that is what he recieved when they fell. Satan filled that spirit-nature-life area in Adam. I think you're thoughts are unique, I don't think I have ever heard it put that way before, I just can't see it.

Back