Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Give and it shall be given to you

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jeremiah7

Give and it shall be given to you.

Since the past few months, I had been going through a very tight financial situation because I had been building a Church. Though I had always strived to help other servants of God financially in the past, I found it increasingly difficult in the last couple of months.
Last week I received a letter from a pastor (whom I did not know before) requesting me to pray and help his ministry if possible. He had been working among non-Christians in unfavorable circumstances. As I read his letter, I felt in my heart that his work and need was genuine. So I replied saying that I would be sending him some money soon.
I made up my mind to send him a certain amount, but because of my hectic schedule, I couldn’t do it immediately. 5 days later, I made it a point to send him the money the next day by money order.
The next morning, I did what I had purposed in my heart and was at peace. I had a heavenly joy in my heart that I had given in my time of need. I was busy with my work at the clinic after that. Little did I know that God had a surprise waiting for me. It was around 1 p.m. when a lady walked into my consulting room with her mother who was a patient of mine. After I had prescribed the necessary medicines for the patient, the lady who had accompanied her (her daughter) most unexpectedly handed me several Indian currency notes saying that it was for the Lord’s work that I had been doing. When I checked the amount, it found it to be 6 times the amount that I had mailed that morning. Would you believe it?

I had never seen the lady before or asked her for money, but God works in mysterious ways. Nothing is hidden from Him. He had already arranged it, seeing that I had a heart to give in my time of need. If you are debating within yourself whether to give to God in your time of need, you don’t need another testimony. This is enough. Give and it shall be given to you.

I've found that to happen more than once. And it DOES depend on your motives. If you give expecting a return it won't happen.

Though I've known this to happen to others and myself it still amazes me when I hear about it.

On another note:
Have you ever read the book "The prayer of Jabez"? There's nothing wrong at all with asking the Lord to bless you. We may feel it's an arrogant request but that's what the Lord would have us do.

1Ch 4:10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

What an awesome and blessed story....Praise God!!!

I too have been and seen the same thing...I agree with Pot in that there is nothing wrong with asking God to bless you....You have not because you ask not....Something like that...Anyway, praise the Lord..from whom all blessing flow.....

Thanks friends. The main point in such miracles is "God's Faithfulness"
And I don't think there is anything wrong in asking, but when we give without a receiving motive, God is more pleased.

Back