Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] Giving thanks

In Christ I have a lot to be thankful for. I am sorry that I post so often about the negative things in my life. Overall my life is good 😊.

I don’t have any local friends. But I also don’t have any local fake friends so that’s good 😊 I had plenty of those back in the day and it became a nightmare.

I don’t have a job. I got incredibly sick a long time ago and since then my parents have been supporting me. Now I’m actually healthy physically which is an act of love and mercy from God…

But I’m labeled with schizophrenia and the world 🌍 waits for no one. Thankfully I am provided with a modest comfortable lifestyle.

I’m 40. I’m thankful to have made it to 40 especially in good health. I apparently look younger than my age. I’m not sure what 40 is supposed to look like but I’m apparently looking closer to 35 lol 😆

As I type this some people are taunting me somewhere nearby..maybe outside near the lake. They lie to you in school and tell you that it gets better. It often gets worse. I thank God for redeeming me even though I’m low status and labeled etc.

My dad was warm to me today and his kindness means a lot to me. Mama cooked a tasty stir fry and they had me over for dinner.

I hope 🤞 and pray 🙏 that I’ll be able to do…something…in my new life in Christ…

And I praise God for His mercy and love.

In Christ I have a lot to be thankful for. I am sorry that I post so often about the negative things in my life. Overall my life is good 😊.

I don’t have any local friends. But I also don’t have any local fake friends so that’s good 😊 I had plenty of those back in the day and it became a nightmare.

I don’t have a job. I got incredibly sick a long time ago and since then my parents have been supporting me. Now I’m actually healthy physically which is an act of love and mercy from God…

But I’m labeled with schizophrenia and the world 🌍 waits for no one. Thankfully I am provided with a modest comfortable lifestyle.

I’m 40. I’m thankful to have made it to 40 especially in good health. I apparently look younger than my age. I’m not sure what 40 is supposed to look like but I’m apparently looking closer to 35 lol 😆

As I type this some people are taunting me somewhere nearby..maybe outside near the lake. They lie to you in school and tell you that it gets better. It often gets worse. I thank God for redeeming me even though I’m low status and labeled etc.

My dad was warm to me today and his kindness means a lot to me. Mama cooked a tasty stir fry and they had me over for dinner.

I hope 🤞 and pray 🙏 that I’ll be able to do…something…in my new life in Christ…

And I praise God for His mercy and love.
Christ tells us He didn't come for those who don't need a physician. That means He came for you (and me). There is also a song titled "What A Friend We Have In Jesus", so please know that even if you have zero friends on earth you have a powerful, kind and caring friend in Jesus 24/7.

Also, don't worry about any of the taunting, teasing, etc. the world offers 'cause you will be well taken care of by the One Who created you when the time comes. Also, I tell people the outside needs work, but my inside is still 25. Christ tells us what's important it's what is in us, not what goes into us. Also, Scripture tells us multiple times "do not worry" and "do not be afraid".

Hope this helps.

Hi 👋

Someone woke me up at 4 this morning lol 😆 I don’t mind getting up early so much as I do mind aggressive behavior. It was a deliberate…either incredibly heavy stomp from upstairs or a heavy hit on the exterior wall of the bedroom I was sleeping in…

And I’m fine with getting up a little bit earlier than usual…these days I’m up before 6 anyway…

But again: the aggression the sense of entitlement some people seem to have to do whatever they want to me because they don’t want me living here…

Not good. Also my tire pressure light was on yet again. It’s been happening frequently and I’m trying to not get paranoid about it. My parents got me new tires on a warranty at a local tire place and…

The last time they fixed a tire…not even 2 weeks ago…the dude said there was a drill bit in the tire. He said if they hadn’t had to damage it while fixing the tire I’d be able to use the drill bit. Ugh 😑

Random people keep saying that his parents are not permitted to help him and the has a conservator etc…

Kinda creepy but the reality of the situation…what’s actually happening..,

Is a miracle in my life so I’m trying to focus on that not the creepy weirdness around me.

Hi 👋

Someone woke me up at 4 this morning lol 😆 I don’t mind getting up early so much as I do mind aggressive behavior. It was a deliberate…either incredibly heavy stomp from upstairs or a heavy hit on the exterior wall of the bedroom I was sleeping in…

And I’m fine with getting up a little bit earlier than usual…these days I’m up before 6 anyway…

But again: the aggression the sense of entitlement some people seem to have to do whatever they want to me because they don’t want me living here…

Not good. Also my tire pressure light was on yet again. It’s been happening frequently and I’m trying to not get paranoid about it. My parents got me new tires on a warranty at a local tire place and…

The last time they fixed a tire…not even 2 weeks ago…the dude said there was a drill bit in the tire. He said if they hadn’t had to damage it while fixing the tire I’d be able to use the drill bit. Ugh 😑

Random people keep saying that his parents are not permitted to help him and the has a conservator etc…

Kinda creepy but the reality of the situation…what’s actually happening..,

Is a miracle in my life so I’m trying to focus on that not the creepy weirdness around me.
More advice you may or may not follow up with. Whenever you cast out evil in Jesus' Name the problem disappears. I have had to do that a few times in my life. Also, an easy way to ignore negative things people do is to always remember that you will never be held accountable for what they do or how they behave. But they will be. :)

I’m getting there in Christ.

Lately I’ve been dealing with people taunting me more at my apartment. It’s a situation where I need to just accept that it’s happening and let Jesus Christ take over. I think part of me wants to keep protesting…this shouldn’t be happening etc…

Instead of accepting it and praying more. I’m also prone to over thinking things and that’s becoming more of an issue because I have minimal social life. I’m thankful for my life and I’m not trying to complain it’s just the nature of the situation…

I have a modest nice apartment and a vehicle 🚗 etc and no one respects me and I get taunted mercilessly. Thankfully my parents are good people and good to me. I’d like to have more time in the community but…? I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I’m getting there in Christ.

Lately I’ve been dealing with people taunting me more at my apartment. It’s a situation where I need to just accept that it’s happening and let Jesus Christ take over. I think part of me wants to keep protesting…this shouldn’t be happening etc…

Instead of accepting it and praying more. I’m also prone to over thinking things and that’s becoming more of an issue because I have minimal social life. I’m thankful for my life and I’m not trying to complain it’s just the nature of the situation…

I have a modest nice apartment and a vehicle 🚗 etc and no one respects me and I get taunted mercilessly. Thankfully my parents are good people and good to me. I’d like to have more time in the community but…? I dunno 🤷‍♂️
Have a suggestion re: more time in the community. Volunteer somewhere in your community. You get out, someone gets helped and who knows maybe you will actually like doing what Christ did. He didn't sit home, He went out and ministered to people. You can too, if you choose to.

Good call ☎️
I briefly volunteered at a non profit. I started getting a sense of tension and mind games. Hard to explain…

I got the position thru the clinic and I had doubts pretty quickly about confidentiality etc. and they used sheriffs deputies as security and they would make comments about me and intimidate me etc.

So…I’ll do something else…but what? Hmmm…

Good call ☎️
I briefly volunteered at a non profit. I started getting a sense of tension and mind games. Hard to explain…

I got the position thru the clinic and I had doubts pretty quickly about confidentiality etc. and they used sheriffs deputies as security and they would make comments about me and intimidate me etc.

So…I’ll do something else…but what? Hmmm…
There are literally thousands of non-profits. One I would like to do a concert for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Another would be Ronald McDonald House. American Cancer Society. We are an aging population perhaps a non-profit that helps with Alzheimer's. The "something else" is nearly infinite imo. If you care about others :)

Hi 👋
I do care about others. My problem at the moment is finding a decent place to volunteer that will have me..I’ve been spared a felony thru plea bargaining but I do have a serious misdemeanor…

And that I can actually do. It’s…I dunno 🤷‍♂️ strange I suppose…

I never really got to learn to do much. I was a burn out at college by 19 and now I’m 40 and healthy and I have a high iq estimate and…

God is Love. His Love thankfully involves mercy and redemption. But…skills?!?! To my credit I was never really taught skills or anything….

People around me always seemed more interested in keeping me in line than in teaching me how to do things. More of an issue with schools and such…my parents are amazing and…

Rambling, sorry 😢

I’ve applied to volunteer at a couple of places and predictably the conviction is an issue. One place has some random openings but…I got cold feet 👣.

Today I see that I’m not listed in anything related to my old high school 🏫. I dunno 🤷‍♂️ it’s…bittersweet…

I graduated high school at the tail end of age 16. Not brilliant just…barely hanging on and I thought graduating early was a good idea 👍. Now? I don’t think it mattered over the long term.

Scripture says this world 🌎 is not our home 🏡. It’s..again bittersweet…

I didn’t truly come to my senses until age 28 out on bond. I’m 40 now. I ended up with a plea deal and probation for that offense. I haven’t been arrested since I bonded out. No mental hospitals 🏥. I’ve been living in this rather nice 😊 modest me sized apartment for over 5 years now. Not luxurious but…blessings and part of God’s work of deliverance and redemption in my life.

So I was listed as a member of the graduating class the last time I bothered to check. And…

Strange thing? I imagine at least some of the people I went to high school with are saved or I hope 🤞 so anyway. And I do wish them all well. One woman we were in honors classes together and then I graduated a year early…

She shared a photo on some website and I was happy to see that she looks great 😊 But I’ll probably never speak 🗣️ to her again and I don’t think 🤔 she’ll say a thing to me should we somehow cross paths….

I wouldn’t mind saying hi 👋 but it’s starting to seem more and more like…

Whoever I was whatever I was about and whatever my role in society was…

No longer. Schizophrenia may not be a brain disorder but it’s…something…and it sort of carries a social death sentence lol 😆

I just had a delightful dinner 🥘 with my parents at their place. I drove back home 🏠 in my vehicle 🚗. It’s the first car 🚙 I’ve ever had new 🆕. I came in to a surprisingly clean 🧽 apartment and I have a beautiful 🤩 view and my plants 🪴 are doing well and….

It is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives in me.

Ye must die to be born again…

Possible solution. Instead of volunteering at an organization how about try becoming aware of people near you and help them as you are able. That's what Christ did. He helped those He came in contact with and helped them.

As far as "skills" I offer another solution. Instead of guessing what you can or can't do take a sheet of paper and write down two columns. Column 1: Things you enjoy doing. Column 2: Things you are able to do.
Then compare the two lists. The things they have in common are the gifts God gave you to use in this life to help others.
Then put those gifts to work :yes

Yes! This is a very godly constructive piece of advice…
Used to go to a McDonald's where high school students worked. Gave the same advice to them because they, like you, also didn't know what they wanted to do. One of them, when I saw him here, thanked me. It helped him decide what to do with his life. Hope the same will be true for you.

Back