Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gnosis vs GnosticISM 2nd C sects

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just want to clarify these 2 greek terms. Gnosis is Strongs greek #1108 Means knowledge, but not as we understand knowledge in english.
GnosticISM refers specifically to the wide ranging 2nd C sects surrounding Alexandria Egypt
When christians see the word that Paul uses in his letters gnosis for knowledge, they tend to associate the term with
Gnosticism
2 completely different concepts.
Paul had nothing in common with sects. Paul's revelations came from God.
Just wanted to update these 2 not known ideas.
As in the future , as more and more christians begin cracking their studies in greek/Strongs etc, you will see this word come up in discussions.
Do NOTTT push the **Heresy/Heretic* panin button.
Do not listen to old style protesatnst who know nothing of the greek and see this word being discussed as **ahh so its here, the old gnostics are back**
Thats a lie.
AS we begin to explore the original greek, this critical word will become more often express/discussed.
Now I agree Paul's gnosis does in fact confront and condemn the sect we call **protestantism**.
bc gnosis is against religion,
Religion is man made.
vs Yeshua's Kingdom which is given by God.
,, short story,, I atempted to join another christianforum,,, and used the tag GnosticPaul.
My request was answered
**Unfortunately we do not allow gnosticISM on this site, Your membership is blocked Thanks and God Bless you**

Not even a chance to explain,, so here with this forum I got smartER,
Since my life now in older age is less and less about me, and much more concerns Yeshua. = YeshuaGlory came toi mind.
I'm glad God did it this way,, as we know, Paul says **knowledge((can tend to )) PUFFS UP* = Inflates the ego = Fall before pride will surely result.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back