Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God is a forgiving God!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nowhere have I said or implied one refuses to forgive or that one holds a grudge.
I have consistently said one hands the situation and one's feelings over to God for him to deal with.
Anything but forgiveness it seems. You won’t find in scripture that He wants those unclean thoughts.
When one has been seriously hurt, like Corrie ten Boon, those feelings are deep, multi layered and need God's grace to enable one to forgive.
Well, when she extended her hand, forgiveness was instant…no layers.
We have a pattern for forgiveness set out in how God forgives, we have an example in Jesus of what to do when someone is clearly u repentant and instructions of what to do for those who abuse us.
No, repentance isn’t mentioned as a criteria. That’s the criteria YOU require. Imagine a church full of believers who DEMAND repentance or they all refuse to forgive!!! What if there was nothing to repent of but one person insists there is?
These all under pin our need to be willing to forgive.
Well, DO forgive but merely being “willing” is the command. Jesus didn’t say “just be willing.”

Nowhere have I said or implied one refuses to forgive or that one holds a grudge.
You don’t need to, it is a fact.
I have consistently said one hands the situation and one's feelings over to God for him to deal with.
Nothing in the bible tells us to do this. Jesus says “forgive” not “give it to God.”
When one has been seriously hurt, like Corrie ten Boon, those feelings are deep, multi layered and need God's grace to enable one to forgive.

We have a pattern for forgiveness set out in how God forgives, we have an example in Jesus of what to do when someone is clearly u repentant and instructions of what to do for those who abuse us.
These all under pin our need to be willing to forgive.
Willing counts for nothing. Doing is everything.

Well, DO forgive but merely being “willing” is the command. Jesus didn’t say “just be willing.

Willing counts for nothing. Doing is everything.
Which in your view is correct?

There is a major difference between our views.

You and those who advocate blanket forgiveness say one must forgive.
I say one forgives through the grace, mercy and strength of God.

You missed what I hoped you would see in the Corrie ten Boon example.
She knew she should forgive, but even after years was overwhelemed with thoughts of anger, hatred and it was only through Gods Grace she was able to forgive him. Yes it was the act of extending her hand, but it was also only because she prayed.

Your insistence of 'just forgive' is a human powered idea, which without being first laid before God is impossible.

Which in your view is correct?
Yes, auto spell gets me as well as typos. Being willing to forgive but not doing counts for nothing. The son willing to obey was not honored but the son who refused to obey but then did was honored. Willing and not doing doesn’t count.
There is a major difference between our views.

You and those who advocate blanket forgiveness say one must forgive.
I say one forgives through the grace, mercy and strength of God.
We are given blanket forgiveness from God since that’s is how we forgive. Sounds good.

You say one must repent before forgiven. We can assume that’s how God forgives you too.
Btw, we both say we forgive through grace and mercy and the strength of God. That’s not the difference.
You missed what I hoped you would see in the Corrie ten Boon example.
She knew she should forgive, but even after years was overwhelemed with thoughts of anger, hatred and it was only through Gods Grace she was able to forgive him. Yes it was the act of extending her hand, but it was also only because she prayed.
I didn’t miss a thing. Stop the personal attack. She was faced with her tormentor but it was only a matter of minutes before she forgave.
Your insistence of 'just forgive' is a human powered idea, which without being first laid before God is impossible.
So it’s a command of God with a promise and a threat.

Yes. Jesus does forgive sins by repentance. Were talking about habitual lifestyles, those who don't care. Psalm 34:12 to 16. God is against those who do evil. Psalm 50:16. But unto the wicked God says, What hast thou to do declare My stautes, or that thou should take My covenant on thy mouth?. God hates false pretenses. Play actors playing church. Those who claim Christian, and give lip service. God doesn't listen their prayers. God demands obedience and sincerity. Some churches allow homosexuality. Or allow gossip or slander. How about abortion. Their spirtualty polluted and God won't touch them. The holy spirit is needed to convict person of sin. Read John chapter 3, those who walk in darkness won't come to the light, lest their deeds be examined. I'm not judging anyone. But some one like Hitler or Charles Manson don't have hope in hell. The heathen and fake Christian people don't understand Gods word and laws. Exodus 34:7. Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgressions and sin, and That will by no means clear the guilty; The person will pay for their crimes or evil deeds. No one gets away with anything. If the person didn't repent and conform to God's standard. Sorry Charlie, its lake of fire. Psalm chapter 37, the wicked will be destroyed. Theirs two groups in hell, or sheol. One group did love God, but were programmed by churches there whole life. They will have opportunity to find eternal life during millennium. The second group, habitual sinners. These hate Christians, hate God, and despise God laws. Apply logic. Which group is unworthy for kingdom of God???.

Without the Spirit of God, a person would not understand anything, it would be clear they do not know what they are talking about at all.

Here is the simple revelations for everyone.

Christ taught us to pray, ( we had no Spirit given yet) and the prayer is knowing our Father is in Heaven, His name is Holy, His Kingdom would come, for His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven, to give us our daily bread( to now live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God as the prayer is showing us.) to forgive our debts, as we are asking the Lord to forgive our debts, by not leading us into temptation, but to now ( through Christ showing us the way of life) to deliver us from evil ( that is why He came to earth to deliver us from death of not being forgiven. Hebrews 2:15.)

This is because the Kingdom is the Lords, and the power ( over death ) and this is the glory of Christ who entered into His glory. ( John 7:39.) Understanding the importance of forgiving men, because of understanding we received or do not receive forgiveness, through this belief.

The parable shows ( when the Kingdom came, Christ glorified) how the Lord was moved with compassion to forgive us ( to give us forgiveness from death.) by forgiving the debt we had, of dying in our sins.

But if a servant goes out, and does not show they really believed in the Lords forgiveness, ( which is believing in the compassion of God) they do not forgive others their debts, ( they neither believe in compassion, nor have any in them.) they are a wicked servant delivered to the tormenters, back in debt ( as they did not believe in the price Christ payed for them. 1 Corinthians 6:20. 7:23.)

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Back