Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study God Justifieth the ungodly..

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

beloved57

God Justifies the ungodly :

Rom 4: 5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

That Justifieth the ungodly !

This speaks volumes to the matchless Love and Grace of God. Even when or while His elect were in the height of their ungodliness He justified them.. Now how does God do this ?

Rom 5:

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now here some may say but ahy, this says He reconciled us by the death of His son and not justifieth ! But was is Justification but reconciliation..

The word reconciliation is the greek word katallaso meaning,

to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value
a) to reconcile (those who are at variance)
b) Return to favor with, be reconciled to one
c) to receive one into favor

Now what is Justification but being made right with God restored to His favor. ?

The Greek word for justification is diakio meaning :

) to render righteous or such he ought to be
2) to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
3) to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

The meaning of justification therefore is being brought back into the favor of God and on top of that being pronounced righteous !!

Again how was this accomplished? Was it by our faith ? Was it by our repentance ? I say not but by the obedience of death , the death of the Lord Jesus Christ..

Rom 5:

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous that is Justified so , the elect as they were reconciled by the death of Christ , that is, his obedience unto death [ phil 2: 8] they were made righteous , that is declared or pronounced by God to be righteous , they were justified..

This truth was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah in 53:

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

What does the prophet mean by his knowledge shall my righteous servant shall justify many?
The answer, John 10: 14 :
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. that’s right by his knowledge of the sheep , all those given him by the father in the covenant of grace, He shall bear their iniquities. Does not that agree with Christ declaration in Jn 10: 15
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep., that is I will bear their iniquities
Amen all the sheep have been reconciled , justified , made righteous , How , by the death of His Son..
In Time , at His appointed time , each elect person or sheep , who has been justified , has been reconciled , who has had their sins forgiven , God The Holy Spirit through the new birth gives the elect sheep faith to believe on Christ and to come into the experiential knowledge of their justification they have in Christ , this knowledge comes by way of the gospel the word of truth.
Eph 1:
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,
That’s right they heard by having been given ears to hear, they heard the good news of their salvation….amen, so you see faith does not produce salvation but receives it and the assurance of it to the Glory f God…
Believe on Him that Justifieth the ungodly…and thou shalt be saved….

Amen. We love him, because he first loved us. It was His initiative, by grace and not by works, lest any man should boast.

God Bless,

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
Amen. We love him, because he first loved us. It was His initiative, by grace and not by works, lest any man should boast.

God Bless,

~Josh

Hi Josh so what do you mean by initiative ?

beloved57 said:
cybershark5886 said:

God Bless,

~Josh

Simply, what I meant was that it was God who came to us with Salvation not us coming to God to achieve Salvation. God chose us in Him while we were still yet dead in our sins and could not choose him, for as Paul said, "No man seeks after God" (Romans 3:11). I was only affirming the basis of your entire point, that God is great in that he took the initiative to save us, while we were yet unglodly and dead in our sins!

"For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly." (Romans 5:6)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)

Thus I was speaking of God's grace to take the initiative, and send Jesus while we were yet dead in our sin. I don't expect you will disagree with this, as I was agreeing with you by making that statement.

God Bless,

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
beloved57 said:
cybershark5886 said:

God Bless,

~Josh

Simply, what I meant was that it was God who came to us with Salvation not us coming to God to achieve Salvation. God chose us in Him while we were still yet dead in our sins and could not choose him, for as Paul said, "No man seeks after God" (Romans 3:11). I was only affirming the basis of your entire point, that God is great in that he took the initiative to save us, while we were yet unglodly and dead in our sins!

"For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly." (Romans 5:6)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)

Thus I was speaking of God's grace to take the initiative, and send Jesus while we were yet dead in our sin. I don't expect you will disagree with this, as I was agreeing with you by making that statement.

God Bless,

~Josh

Thanks Josh for your clarafication , I just was not sure by the word iniative if you meant that Gods grace was just provisional instead of effectual and accomplishing its objctives of its own inherent power..and its seems you do..Thats a blessing then.. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back