Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God Made You Fit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

newnature

God has already made you fit, being made complete to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints. It’s not something we must wait for. Not something we must strive for. Not something that will have our fingerprints on it in anyway whatsoever. Our fitness for our heavenly inheritance is an inheritance that waits every believer. It has already been accomplished for us according to the Apostle Paul, it’s a done deal. The fitness was accomplished by someone else not by you. It was accomplished by Jesus, there is nothing further you need do to become fit for your inheritance. It’s a past tense transaction. God has already delivered us from the power of darkness. God has already translated us at the point of our belief, he already sees us seated right along himself as he sees down through the portals of time into time future. God isn’t watching to see if we’re good enough to get there. God isn’t waiting to tally a score of some sort to see if we’ve earned sufficient points to merit this fitness. God has already made us sufficient. Abandoned human view point, adopt divine view point.

God’s integrity is at stake in doing what he promised he would do. We can have security of mind that we have Jesus’ test score written on our paper in Heaven. Sanctification can also be a source of great comfort and assurance because sanctification like justification is proof positive that once a person takes God at his word concerning the accomplishment of his son, that person remains in a sanctified identity before God forever, performance notwithstanding. We cannot lose by way of our poor performance what we never gained by way of our good performance. God has dealt with that problem of sin and the issue with sanctification is not about sin, but about perfection. Paul told us that sanctification is how God perfected us, made us as equally righteous as God himself. Based upon the fact that we are already sanctified, there is now no condemnation for us.

God has already made you fit, being made complete to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints. It’s not something we must wait for. Not something we must strive for. Not something that will have our fingerprints on it in anyway whatsoever. Our fitness for our heavenly inheritance is an inheritance that waits every believer. It has already been accomplished for us according to the Apostle Paul, it’s a done deal. The fitness was accomplished by someone else not by you. It was accomplished by Jesus, there is nothing further you need do to become fit for your inheritance. It’s a past tense transaction. God has already delivered us from the power of darkness. God has already translated us at the point of our belief, he already sees us seated right along himself as he sees down through the portals of time into time future. God isn’t watching to see if we’re good enough to get there. God isn’t waiting to tally a score of some sort to see if we’ve earned sufficient points to merit this fitness. God has already made us sufficient. Abandoned human view point, adopt divine view point.

God’s integrity is at stake in doing what he promised he would do. We can have security of mind that we have Jesus’ test score written on our paper in Heaven. Sanctification can also be a source of great comfort and assurance because sanctification like justification is proof positive that once a person takes God at his word concerning the accomplishment of his son, that person remains in a sanctified identity before God forever, performance notwithstanding. We cannot lose by way of our poor performance what we never gained by way of our good performance. God has dealt with that problem of sin and the issue with sanctification is not about sin, but about perfection. Paul told us that sanctification is how God perfected us, made us as equally righteous as God himself. Based upon the fact that we are already sanctified, there is now no condemnation for us.

We will not be equally righteous as God. He is our righteousness, without Him we have none. To be equal to it would mean we would have it in ourselves - that will be impossible and never happen.

Romans 1:17 - For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

I am not sure why there seems to be this trend toward the notion that we have already attained what Christ died for and should not strive against the sin of this world.

Hebrews 12:14 - Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

I agree that we cannot do anything to earn righteousness or anything God gives. What we are called to do is continually submit. What seems to be lacking from your post is that this submission is something God does not make us do, but wants us to do willingly. It is an action, a 'thing' we do, not something that is already done or something that is done for us. It does not earn us anything, but it keeps us focused on what He has done.

Romans 6:16 - Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Colossians 3:5 - Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

These are action words. Something He calls us to do from obedience. Sanctification is most definitely about sin - it is the constant removal of sin and replacement of it with His righteousness(not our own).

1 Thessalonians 4:3 - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;

Romans 6:19 - I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

I think the trend is that things of this nature seem difficult. Not natural. Hard. Painful.

So we think, hey, God is a God of love and peace and happiness - these things we are 'called' to do must not be from God......

Hebrews 12:11 - For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Don't think that just because you are in Christ that you no longer are being disciplined in Christ. Discipleship requires discipline.

Hebrews 12:7-8 - It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

Don't reject the transformation process of God in your life because you feel like it would be counter to what Christ accomplished for you. Sin still exists in the world and still has a pull on your flesh. Until we are taken home it will always be that way. You are not immune to the pull of it, but you are free from the pull of it. You once did not have a choice, now you do. Choose good.

We will not be equally righteous as God. He is our righteousness, without Him we have none. To be equal to it would mean we would have it in ourselves - that will be impossible and never happen.

Romans 1:17 - For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

I am not sure why there seems to be this trend toward the notion that we have already attained what Christ died for and should not strive against the sin of this world.

Hebrews 12:14 - Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

I agree that we cannot do anything to earn righteousness or anything God gives. What we are called to do is continually submit. What seems to be lacking from your post is that this submission is something God does not make us do, but wants us to do willingly. It is an action, a 'thing' we do, not something that is already done or something that is done for us. It does not earn us anything, but it keeps us focused on what He has done.

Romans 6:16 - Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Colossians 3:5 - Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

These are action words. Something He calls us to do from obedience. Sanctification is most definitely about sin - it is the constant removal of sin and replacement of it with His righteousness(not our own).

1 Thessalonians 4:3 - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;

Romans 6:19 - I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

I think the trend is that things of this nature seem difficult. Not natural. Hard. Painful.

So we think, hey, God is a God of love and peace and happiness - these things we are 'called' to do must not be from God......

Hebrews 12:11 - For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Don't think that just because you are in Christ that you no longer are being disciplined in Christ. Discipleship requires discipline.

Hebrews 12:7-8 - It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

Don't reject the transformation process of God in your life because you feel like it would be counter to what Christ accomplished for you. Sin still exists in the world and still has a pull on your flesh. Until we are taken home it will always be that way. You are not immune to the pull of it, but you are free from the pull of it. You once did not have a choice, now you do. Choose good.

The MESSAGE of the good news message is in 2 Corinthians 5:18-21. It’s there that Paul explains to us what happened to the sins that were placed upon our Savior, and the wonderful news that God is no longer imputing those sins unto the sinners. The MECHANICS of the good news message is in Romans 3:20-31. How is it that Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection can accomplish justification for a wrath-worthy individual, a declared righteous of that individual. We find that the model that produces a declared righteous is divided into three different sections all working together. Having dispelled all of people’s self-defense pleas, Paul makes this startling statement in verse 20 “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.” Verse 21” BUT NOW” has to be the biggest two letter word statement found in all of scripture. Whenever we see the “BUT NOW” in Paul’s epistles, sit up and take special notice because “BUT NOW” let’s us know that a change has taken place.

The words “BUT NOW” moves us from one situation to a different situation. In other words, at one point in time something was true. “BUT NOW” something else is true which leads us to ask the question, what is it that Paul wants us to know, is different now from what used to to be. Paul is simply saying that God’s righteousness is now being manifested apart from the principle of rule-keeping. What Jesus did for us doesn't make you measure up to God’s rightness. You have to be declared righteous and that comes by grace through the blood of Jesus and through Jesus’ faithfulness, and you are going to find out your faith has to be in those three components.

What Jesus did for us doesn't make you measure up to God’s rightness. You have to be declared righteous and that comes by grace through the blood of Jesus and through Jesus’ faithfulness, and you are going to find out your faith has to be in those three components.

What three components?

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Not something we must strive for. Not something that will have our fingerprints on it in anyway whatsoever. Our fitness for our heavenly inheritance is an inheritance that waits every believer. It has already been accomplished for us according to the Apostle Paul, it’s a done deal.
According to Paul, not something we must strive for? Really?

Maybe you have read: Phl 3:8-15
Indeed I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, based on law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith; that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that if possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.

Brethren, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Let those of us who are mature be thus minded; and if in anything you are otherwise minded, God will reveal that also to you.

Paul said that a mature believer would strive for the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
That's not a "done deal".

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

The born again believer being left with the knowledge of good and evil will always strive to please God somehow. We have 4000 years of men trying to live for God and most miserably failed. The cross is God's provision for mankind.
Our Christians lawkeeper's and religionists will fight and struggle till the end. It is not in man, in himself, to yield to anything other than what their minds understand. It's like a defense built in by God, after all He created the mind.
The mind has to be renewed for the believer to move on in God, great thread.

Your on it, take a look at the two natures. The sin-nature and the nature of God, which is in Christ.
See how a nature comes about, by a father. Without a father you have no nature. The birthing, as I like to call it, born again, is the key that helps the believer to unlock the scriptures.

Back