Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Godlessness in the Last Days

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
2 Timothy 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God -having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

In my Bible, this part is why I labeled my Title. I just don't hear this scripture being referenced as a sign of the End Times. Never in the history of the world have we had such disrespect for parents! I think most of us are experiencing it in one way or another. In my case, my sister has joined the "toxic" bandwagon and she has no recollection of anything good that our parents did throughout our lives.

Much of the society today is unforgiving and I pray that people start to wake up before it's too late. When a society becomes unmerciful and brutal......then I also pray, "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus." Revelation 22:20

Have you experienced this "no contact" trend that is happening with families currently?

It's sad. Professing Christians show through their contempt for Biden, Trump, whoever... just as Peter said,

But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 2Pet.2:10

Yes . Do you think the lock downs were a catalyst for this trend ?
I think the trend was happening before then, but the lock down amplified everything and made it easier to just cut people off.

I can just speak on my experience and what God has shown me on how my family ended up how it did.

Things that contributed to my sister going no contact with my parents and not keeping the command "Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother": They divorced and our family was obliterated, My Mother was always stressed and didn't handle things gracefully, my Father married someone who was at odds with his own children and he picked her over us. There were countless other factors, but those are some biggies.

One thing that weighs on my heart is that I gave my sister the book "Self Matters" by Dr.Phil when it came out a long time ago. Dr. Phil was really popular and I wasn't born again at that time. I think the book feeds a selfish mindset? I'm not sure, cause I didn't read it.

My sister also got into the occult as a child. She currently works as a psychic medium and her "spirit guides" have no tolerance for grace and mercy for others.

As for other children being disrespectful to parents...... I think it is a lack of God in their lives. From a little child, I had an innate understanding of the importance of standing of the elderly in my life. We can learn from the hardships, mistakes, triumphs, and winnings of the parents we have been given in this life.

The internet has also made it easier to find our "chosen family" and ditch the family we have been given. Our family is supposed to make us expand and grow as an individual, but our chosen family can just feed the side to us we choose to show others.

So many factors to how society is acting currently, but yeah......the lock down exacerbated everything!

Sorry you are having this happen. It's heartbreaking.

It's sad. Professing Christians show through their contempt for Biden, Trump, whoever... just as Peter said,

But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 2Pet.2:10
I'm not sure I am understanding what you are saying. Politics are contributing to the breakdown of families? I would agree if that is what you are stating.

I'm not sure I am understanding what you are saying. Politics are contributing to the breakdown of families? I would agree if that is what you are stating.
I simply mean that all people need the mercy of God. All political leaders and citizens around the world need Gods' mercy, so we should "fight against" wrongful thoughts with the gospel.
Our dear Savior came to defeat all of mankinds enemy, which is death.
But even today, professing Christians advocate using military action against wicked sinners, like President Putin. Believers should fight against the demonic power influencing these pawns by the way our God did in human flesh. Can't you see the hate coming from the mouths of people who claim to love Jesus? If our Lord hated and had wanted to end the lives of the ungodly, they would have never gotten him on that cross. I know I wouldn't be here.

Jesus could have destroyed the one third who followed satan in the first earth age, documentation, revelation chapter 12, and Jeremiah chapter 4. God destroyed that first earth age. Were in second earth age, flesh age. James chapter 6, Christian people are to have working knowledge of Gods word and plant seeds for God, share truth with lost souls. Lot of people are lost, and headed to sheol, called hell. Ezekiel chapter 18, God doesn't want to destroy the wicked. The one third are evil. Read Duertonmomy chapter 32 and second Timothy chapter 3. That's why servant of God plants seeds. Revelation chapter 20, mabey those seeds might bring sanity to some spirtualty dead during millennium. The millennium is time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. Lot of people will choose to follow satan into lake of fire, read revelation chapter 20. Bottom line. Jesus is confronted with having to destroy some of His children. Read Ezekiel chapter 18. I documented this.

Back