Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God's Holy Days

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
N

nuta

Why does the modern church not celebrate God's holy days eg Days of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets?

BECAUSE WE ARE LIVING SACIFICES,EVERY DAY BELONGS TOTHE LORD NOW!
WE ARE DEAD WITH HIM!HE OWNS US 100%.Bought and paid for!
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a show of wisdom in will-worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honor to the satisfying of the flesh.

Why does the modern church not celebrate God's holy days eg Days of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets?

My church observes Passover, Pentacost and Feast of tabernacles (Lev 23). We take communion on those days. Just the blood ordinances were done away with. :)

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

DO YOU THINK?HE MET ALL THINGS?OR JUST THE THINGS WE CHOOSE TO CHANGE?

Would a child believe all things?or just certain things?
Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Yes?Man plays by HIS RULES.Always seeking control of the people.GOD on the other hand ?Gives freedom.We are bound by nothing!

Except to love one another ,And be led by the HOLY GHOST!

irishrain said:

My church observes Passover, Pentacost and Feast of tabernacles (Lev 23). We take communion on those days. Just the blood ordinances were done away with. :)

Irish...I think that is awesome....Just out of curiosity, is your congregation a Torah observant group (as applicable outside of Israel), or is it more of a Paulinist Group with a view that Torah law has been abrogated? I ask in sincere interest.

nuta said:

That's the million dollar question.....Unless you are a scholar who researches what these days even are, I'll submit that 95% of Christianity doesn't even know what these Feast days are, or represent, or for that matter, ever heard of them.

Modern Christianity should observe them for the very fact that they are God's timeline for the first and second coming of The Messiah. They were instituted to teach the people about Messiah. The commandment to keep the Feast day's were so the people wouldn't forget about them and to prepare them for the "real event".

In regard to why modern Christianity ceased to observe them. Obviously, the early Church made up of Jewish Christians kept the Feast days....even Paul appeared to keep them. However, over time, as the Church became more Gentile, Antisemitism in the sense of a split with Judaism and the adoption of Pauline Christianity, resulted in the abstinence of anything relating to Judaism, the rest is history.

Hi Georges
is your congregation a Torah observant group (as applicable outside of Israel), or is it more of a Paulinist Group with a view that Torah law has been abrogated? I ask in sincere interest.

Not to sure what your asking? We study both the old and new testaments.
The Torah was our schoolmaster, Jesus didn't change one Jot of the law. And the 10 commandments are still in affect. I don't think you would call us a Paulinist group. Thats one who just studys new testament, and Pauls writings right?

We believe the Bible with God's law, statutes and judgments was given to Israel (Exodus 20: Psalm 147:19-20) and through Israel's prophets came the inspired Scriptures (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).

We believe civil law was given by God to Israel (Deuteronomy 4:1-2). The law was given for Israel's good (Deuteronomy 5:33). God commands us to obey civil law (Romans 13:1-7).

We believe that one day out of seven is the Sabbath of the Lord (Exodus 20:10) and that Israel was to keep it (Deuteronomy 5:15) as a sign between Israel and the Lord (Exodus 31:16-17). We believe Christ became our Sabbath (Hebrew 4:8; Colossians 2:16-17). (Hebrew 4:9- There remaineth therefore a rest (Gr. Sabbatismos) to the people of God).

We believe in the ordinance of the communion as established by Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:26-29; I Corinthians 10:16).

Anyway we do take communion on those dates of Lev 23. And if one feels the need to take it more then that, its ok to do so.

irishrain said:
Hi Georges
is your congregation a Torah observant group (as applicable outside of Israel), or is it more of a Paulinist Group with a view that Torah law has been abrogated? I ask in sincere interest.

Not to sure what your asking? We study both the old and new testaments.
The Torah was our schoolmaster, Jesus didn't change one Jot of the law. And the 10 commandments are still in affect. I don't think you would call us a Paulinist group. Thats one who just studys new testament, and Pauls writings right?

I was just curious. There are different Messianic groups out there who observe a variety of degrees of Judaism in their worship. I guess the spectrum would be....Messianic Groups who worship Messiah in the mode of Judaism (as the Apostles did), to the other extreme, those who worship Jesus in the mode of Christianity forsaking it's Jewish roots (as Paul did, or as it eventually became). A Paulinist group is one who subtily places Paul above Christ in authority.

We believe the Bible with God's law, statutes and judgments was given to Israel (Exodus 20: Psalm 147:19-20) and through Israel's prophets came the inspired Scriptures (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).

I like that.....agree very much.

We believe civil law was given by God to Israel (Deuteronomy 4:1-2). The law was given for Israel's good (Deuteronomy 5:33). God commands us to obey civil law (Romans 13:1-7).

I agree very much...great set of rules to live by. However, I don't agree with the context of Paul's quote. My comment has to do with a more historical "political" reason for Paul's statement. In my opinion, Paul commands in Romans, not God. That's a different subject for a thread discussion.

We believe that one day out of seven is the Sabbath of the Lord (Exodus 20:10) and that Israel was to keep it (Deuteronomy 5:15) as a sign between Israel and the Lord (Exodus 31:16-17). We believe Christ became our Sabbath (Hebrew 4:8; Colossians 2:16-17). (Hebrew 4:9- There remaineth therefore a rest (Gr. Sabbatismos) to the people of God).

Agree and like that....

We believe in the ordinance of the communion as established by Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:26-29; I Corinthians 10:16).

Agree and like that, only I believe that communion was established by God at the first Passover, and that Christ merely expounded on it's meaning in reference to himself. I believe that "communion" should only be observed on Passover (not Good Friday)....as a remembrance. Just as it was/is practiced in Judaism. It shouldn't be flippantly observed every other Sunday because it's meaning would be lost (as it has become). That again is another thread subject.

Anyway we do take communion on those dates of Lev 23. And if one feels the need to take it more then that, its ok to do so.

I'm glad that your congregation recognizes the importance of the Lev 23 dates. I wish every congregation did.

Irish....thanks for the reply

spirit1st said:
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

DO YOU THINK?HE MET ALL THINGS?OR JUST THE THINGS WE CHOOSE TO CHANGE?

Would a child believe all things? or just certain things?
Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Yes? Man plays by HIS RULES. Always seeking control of the people. GOD on the other hand? Gives freedom.

Freedom from - specifically - WHAT?

We are bound by nothing!

Nothing? Could you be more specific about what 'THE RULES OF MEN' are? I keep hearing this talk from mainline Christians but I don't have a clue what they mean. Could you enlighten me?

Except to love one another, and be led by the HOLY GHOST!

"Except to love one another, and be led by the HOLY GHOST." Same old mainstream Christian stuff ...rather meaningless but infuriatingly consistent at least. What does this mean?

irishrain said:
We believe that one day out of seven ...

Sorry, Irish, but this is not scriptural. This is man-made.

... is the Sabbath of the Lord (Exodus 20:10) and that Israel was to keep it (Deuteronomy 5:15) as a sign between Israel and the Lord (Exodus 31:16-17).

The (7th-day) Sabbath was made for M-A-N. (Mark 2:27)

We believe Christ became our Sabbath (Hebrew 4:8; Colossians 2:16-17).

Not scriptural. Again, a man-made belief invented solely to support 'Sunday' worship.

(Hebrew 4:9- There remaineth therefore a rest (Gr. Sabbatismos) to the people of God).

Nothing to do with the abolition of the 7th-day Sabbath or/and support for 'Sunday-keeping'.

Sorry, Irish, but I couldn't let you get away with this glaring 'man-made' belief.

WELL ,To be honest?The sabbath was for the flesh.We no longer live for the flesh ,but for the spiriot and our LORD!
You see?Everything ,becomes new to GODS CHILDERN!
HE has a new rest for us!I have experianced this new rest.It is neat,The HOLY GHOST lives though us in this new rest.We doi nothing,Nothing can take our peace in this new rest.We could have our arm cut off,and we would feel nothing or lose our peace.I believe stephen entered this rest.Because ,he was stoned to death and never knew itas far as pain.He looked toward the LORd and no person could be hit with rocks and not move or feel it.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

THESE SCRIPTURES ARE OVER LOOKED MANY TIMES .AS MANY SCRIPTURES ,not understood are over looked!But you see?Everything must fit together perfectly.And it does!

YOU SEE?IT IS NO LONGER ABOUT OUR FLESH,IT IS LOST!
BUT IT IS ABOUT OUR SPIRITS.That is WHY?We must have a new birth!This birth is of our spirits!They must be BORN OF GOD!
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
ONCE BORN OF GOD!WE BELONG TO HIM FOREVER MORE,And HE KEEPS US!

Christ Is The End Of The Law For Righteousness To Believers

Hi Nuta:

Thank you for asking this very good question.

Nuta >> Why does the modern church not celebrate God's holy days e.g. Days of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets?

The Lord God gave commands to Israel ONLY (Romans 9:1-4) to keep the Holy Days, Feasts, etc., in the Old Testament through Moses. Gentiles have been ‘without the Law’ (Romans 2:14-15) from the very beginning. If you have heard (Romans 10:17) and believed (Ephesians 1:13) Paul’s ‘word of the cross’ (1 Corinthians 1:18) gospel message to now call yourself a “Christian,†the Christ is the “end of the Law for righteousness to everyone who believes.†Romans 10:4. Paul is writing ‘to’ you, saying,

“Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day -- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.†Colossians 2:16-17.

Paul is telling you to ‘walk by faith and not by sight’ (2 Corinthians 5:7), which means looking above where Christ is at the right hand of God and NOT upon the things of this earth (Colossians 3:1-3). Paul writes to believers, saying,

“But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one IN Christ Jesus.†Galatians 3:23-28.

Here is the 64 million dollar question, Nuta: Are you living in the time ‘before faith came’ being led to Christ through Mosaic Law, OR are you living in the time ‘now that faith has come’ through your obedience to the Gospel? If you have truly believed that Jesus Christ is Lord and that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9), that your redemption is “IN†Christ (Romans 3:24) AND your forgiveness is through His precious blood (Ephesians 1:7), then you are already baptized “INTO†Christ and have clothed yourself with Christ. How can Christ bring you closer to Him through Mosaic Law IF you are already ‘IN’ Him? The ‘mystery among the Gentiles’ right now is “Christ IN you†(Colossians 1:27) AND that your life is “hidden with Christ “IN†God.†Colossians 3:3.

The feasts and holy days you are talking about above are for ‘unbelievers’ drawn to God through our Lord Jesus Christ and the Gospel. Since no one is your judge about such things (Colossians 2:16-17), then you should realize none of that legalistic hocus pocus is for you today. Paul writes about you as a “new creation†(Galatians 6:15), saying,

“Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. Therefore if anyone is "IN" Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.†2 Corinthians 5:16-17.

Sometimes the hardest part about being a new creature “IN†Christ Jesus is letting go of the old fleshy things in order to begin recognizing the higher spiritual equivalent in heaven above. This leads us into the most powerful verses in your Bible that teach your Eternal Security in Christ and in God. Those who have already died with Christ cannot be kept under the Law.

“Therefore IF you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the thins that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ "IN" God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed (Matthew 24:30-31), then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.†Colossians 3:1-4.

Thank you again for asking this very good question,

In Christ Jesus,

Terral

Why Are You Doing Levitical Rituals Of Mosaic Law???

Hi IrishRain:

Thank you for writing on this thread. Please allow me to ask you a question and make comment on some of your statements.

IrishRain >> My church observes Passover, Pentacost and Feast of tabernacles (Lev 23).

Please help me to understand why you observe Ordinances of Mosaic Law that do not apply to those for whom Christ died? Paul teaches that we are under grace and not under law (Romans 6:14). He says that no one is our judge regarding keeping the feasts or even the Sabbath, because those are mere shadows of things to come (Colossians 2:16-17). How can you pretend to ‘walk by faith and NOT by sight’ (2 Corinthians 5:7), if you are trying to keep Mosaic Law? If you keep just part of the Law, then why not the whole Law (James 2:10)?? Matthew 5:18?? Matthew 19:16-17??

IrishRain >> We take communion on those days. Just the blood ordinances were done away with.

Paul says we are no longer under the tutor of Mosaic Law (Galatians 3:23-25) if faith has now come (faith of Jesus = Romans 3:26) through our obedience to hearing (Romans 10:17) and believing (Ephesians 1:13-14) the Gospel. Where do you derive the notion that Paul teaches only part of the Law was “done away with†to support your statement above? Where in the Old Testament do you derive this “communion†ritual? Surely you realize that the Lord’s Passover Supper that Christ did in Luke 22 (“do THIS†= Luke 22:19) was done only once a year. What gives you the authority to do this ‘communion’ more than once every year?

Thank you in advance,

In Christ Jesus and doing NO fleshy rituals,

Terral

1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come.

No limits here!
We can do this as much as we please!
If we do it ,to the GLORY AND HONOR OF OUR LORD AND MASTER!JESUS CHRIST!

Man-Made Rituals Are Never Commanded By Paul

Hi Spirit1st:

Thank you for writing.

Spirit Quotes >> 1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come.

Spirit Commentary >> No limits here! We can do this as much as we please! If we do it ,to the GLORY AND HONOR OF OUR LORD AND MASTER!JESUS CHRIST!

That is why we say grace before every meal. This is not Paul telling people to remove the “NOT†from 1 Corinthians 11:20.

“Therefore when you meet together, it is not to eat the Lord's Supper . . .â€Â. 1 Corinthians 11:20.

If you are a Jew living under Mosaic Law, then you are doing “This†(Luke 22:19) once a year during the Lord’s Passover Meal eaten at twilight. No one is our judge over matters of food and drink rituals (Colossians 2:16-17), which tells you that these visible signs are only shadows of the real deal. If you wish to invent your own communion rituals NEVER sent to Gentiles by God or any Scriptural authority, then that is certainly your right and “no one†is your judge either way. To infer that Paul teaches us to carry on that way is just not true.

Jews always ate the Lord’s Supper in their own homes one time every year and this is NOT a celebration carried into the synagogue like you have carried your communions and other fleshy things. Substituting the spiritual with fleshy rituals blinds folks from seeing the heavenly equivalent with spiritual eyes, but again that is your choice to make and nobody here can pass judgment. Mosaic Law has over 600 Ordinances and you are free to incorporate as much as you want into your own personal religion.

Thank you again for writing,

In Christ,

Terral

WE BELONG TO JESUS CHRIST!If we are BORN OF GOD!We MUST have the NEW BIRTH,And we know it ,when it takes place!We Eat His body and drink HIS blood.Because we are a part of HIm.And show the world and remind our selves,That we are HIS ALWAYS,And not our selves.Once a year is a joke.We do this as offen as we desire,I think?offen.We do not follow men or church groups ,BUT THE HOLY GHOST!Most cannot hear HIm.They have rebuked HIm so many times.They no longer hear HIm .Or do not walk in there inner man!
Most do not know much about there inner man and could care less.But this is who we really are!This is the part that goes to NEW JERUSALEM or hell.We should walk and live in the inner man.
HE IS THE ONE MADE SINLESS.Who our LORD DIED TO CHANGE!The outward man is sin full and must return to the dirt it was made from.But the inner man ,BORN OF GOD!Is HIS forever more and kept by HIM!

Christian Biblical Church of God..........

I belong to the Chrisian Biblical Church of God- they to celebrate Gods' Holy Days-Feast of unleavened bread, the passover, etc. For more information on their beliefs you may visit their website at http://www.cbcg.org- I've really learned a lot from this website.
R.Decker-www.ywave.com/~zelmyrs/

Sorry,I don"t belong to anything or any one,But MY LORD AND MASTER JESUS CHRIST!
Yes I belong to HIS CHURCH.Which is ALL THOSE BORN OF GOD!Those that have had the 2nd birth!
I see nothing wrong ,with going to a church.in fact ?I believe all should go to a church.But NEVER PUT IT BEFORE THE LORD .Or even accept there words as if GOD SPOKE THEM.We should ?ASK THE HOLY GHOST TO REVEAL THE UNDERSTANDING ,AS WE KNOW?NO ONE ON EARTH KNOWS MORE THAN HIM!
2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

my apologies.........

didn't mean to offend you- Yes I do Belong to GOd, we are His to do with as He wills us to be to accomplish His tasks & His needs for His people.God Bless you- Rosalee :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back