Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study God's Holy Days

B

Bob10

Notice the overwhelming evidence of Scripture!

Jesus and His early church kept:

Passover (Matthew 26; Mark 14; Luke 2 and 22; John 2; 6:4; 11:55; 12:1; 13; I Corinthians 5:7; Acts 12:4).

The Feast of Unleavened Bread (Matthew 26:17; Mark 14; Luke 22; Acts 12:3; Acts 20:6; I Corinthians 5:7-8).

Pentecost (Acts 2:1; 20:16; I Corinthians 16:8).

Atonement (Acts 27:9).

The Feast of Tabernacles (John 7:2, 14).

The Last Great Day (John 7:37).

We are to keep the Holy Days that God commanded us to keep forever (Leviticus 23:14, 21, 31, 41).

These are the same holy days that Jesus kept, and the same ones that the apostles and other members of the early church kept.

In fact, as annual Sabbaths, they are signs of God’s true church throughout the ages (Exodus 31:12-17)!

Hi Bob 10,

All of the texts you gave in support or your premise check out.

The Bible appears to be very clear that all of God's Feasts and Holy Days are to be kept by His faithful servants as part of a law of which not the tiniest part will pass away until all is fulfilled, from Mat. 5:18.

There are a few other texts that also support your claims, Isaiah 66:22-24 and Zech. 12:16-19.

Isn't it also true that the three pilgrimage Feasts of God portray the entire plan of God through the symbolism of the three annual harvests?

R7-12

Yes I'm familiar with Ron Dart from when I associated with cgi.

Are you binitarian?

R7-12

We're not Hebrews under the law, so there is no need for us to observe the Hebrew Holidays. We have Christian Holidays to observe, such as celebrating Christ's birth and resurrection.

Hi Poke,

God's Holy Days are not "under the law." It is crucial to know what that term means before using it instead of assuming what it means.

God's Holy Days are not "Hebrew Holidays" nor are they Jewish, they are from God, they occur on the dates He chose according to His Sacred Calendar and they belong to Him. They are part of God's Covenant agreement with His chosen people and will be enforced in the millennium by Christ to the point of death for those who stubbornly refuse to obey God's voice - as it is written.

You said,
We have Christian Holidays to observe, such as celebrating Christ's birth and resurrection.
You appear to be referring to Christmas and Easter. Please provide Scriptures that state God's people are to observe the holiday derived from the Roman Saturnalia and Brumalia Sun Cult feasts and Mithras birthday festival termed "Christmas" (Sol Invictus) by the RCC, and the Tammuz/Dumuzi, Attis, Mother of the Heavens, Venus/Dianna, Inan, Ashtoreth/Astarte celebration now termed "Easter" (Ishtar).

If you can do this, I will repent for following the law of Almighty God according to His written word.

R7-12

In Genesis 1:14, the word for "seasons" (mow'ed, hebrew) is the same hebrew word used for "feasts" in Leviticus 23 - the feasts of the LORD.

God had His feasts from the very start.

http://bible.crosswalk.com/InterlinearBible/ - type in "seasons" and "feasts" and find out they are the same hebrew word.

God had His holidays from the very get-go (Genesis 1:14).

Back