Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] God's mercy on Florida

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Florida is in red flag drought conditions, covered with wildfires, and blanketed in smoke. The most serious is burning at the Florida / Georgia stateline, and smoke from this fire has reached Miami. Ash is falling from the sky all over, and 911 operators are asking people to stop calling to report that there must be a fire close by unless they actually see flames.

Health advisories have been issued, and it is causing serious problems travel, and other activities. Pray for rain, for the fires to go out, for the air to clear, and for all arsonist to be brought to justice.

Updates and photos @:
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... highlight=

jump.gif
It rained today!
jump.gif

The rains were short lived.

A funnel cloud was spotted in Sarasota County Friday afternoon, about five miles from where I used to live. (An itty bitty baby one)
ABC Link:
http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/article.cfm?artID=869
Be sure to click on the "Related Video" link(Pretty cool video!)

The same area where wildfires were burning about two weeks ago.
There was another wildfire in Manatee County today.

geez....

ahhh gee... I hate to hear that-haven't heard how the fires are in georgia have you? I heard they were pretty bad there too. Keeping all in my thoughts & prayers for Gods' blessings.

Rosalee Decker
Home & Garden Party
http://www.homeandgardenparty.com
Rosalee832@hotmail.com
1-360-458-5680
This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it!! Amen.

It sounds as if it is still burning strong.
Click here This link has a good satalite photo of what it was like last week.
Reports now are saying that it is going to take a good rain to put it out, and there is no rain in sight for the next week or so. We had some more smoke from it a couple of days ago.

Click here This one shows the view from ground level.

I have heard reports say that the smoke and heat can cause the atmosphere to be really unstable, and could be causing the hail and other strange weather around Florida.

It amazes me that in this time and age that fires are still so difficult to manage or extinguish. With so many fire fighters and so much equipment.... one would think that enough men would gather from across the United States and would be able to stop it from spreading. How many men would it take to do such a task?
Surely, if The United States Government could send thousands of men to an out of control Iraqi situation to help a new government establish, one would think The United States Government could send thousands of men to Florida to help manage and extinguish an out of control fire. :-? It just doesn't make sense to me the way the United States Government uses it's resources (manpower) . Where is the priority? Where are the reports of progress? All I see are reports of how out of control that fire is. :-?

I'm not quite sure what is going on in regards to the "plans of the Fire Fighters to control the fires". Did I miss a report about their progress and intentions?
Are they given into the thought that maybe it would be better to just let it burn out by itself and to just control the areas in which people live?

I wonder, how many people are fighting these fires? The means used to control fires in California to protect the homes of the rich have been done more quickly. What's up here? I don't get it. :smt017

=============================================

Meanwhile, what else can one do but to pray for a speedy recovery and think of the future and of how God replenishes after the destruction? By faith, His manifestation comes.

The Hope is here, The Glory is on the horizon....

Many times, God uses fire to purge. It is also known that fire cracks the hard shell of the seed pods of many trees and plants in order to release the seeds within. Beauty does come from out of the ashes. Even the charred are used as fertile ground for the new growth. Yes, God knows what He is doing. In some parts of Italy, the volcanic rock covered mountains are considered the most fertile and plentiful in harvest.

If God will replenish a whole mountain from the devastation of a volcanic eruption, He will replenish a land that has been burnt from the devastation of a brush fire or, from some careless man made fire. Nature has a remarkable way of revival.

===========================================
In your hands Lord, In your hands. In due time, In your time Lord.
From out of the ashes, there comes a magnificence of His Glory.

Ecosystem Recovery Following a Catastrophic Disturbance:
Lessons Learned from Mount St. Helens

http://biology.usgs.gov/s+t/SNT/noframe/np105.htm

The Environmental Literacy Council - Forest Fires
http://www.enviroliteracy.org/article.php/46.html

Scientists are continuing to study the “amazing recovery†in Yellowstone National Park, where nearly 1 million acres burned in a 1988 forest fire.
http://www.hcn.org/servlets/hcn.URLRemapper/1994/oct17/dir/wr3.html

==============================================

Peace be with you in this trying time.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back