Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study God's Power and Authority

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Matthew 10:28 and fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Do you feel incompetent at times to take control of your life when it seems like nothing is going the way you want it to go? Do you feel powerless like you can not accomplish those things in your life you want to do because you feel so inadequate or out of your league? As a Christian there are times many of us feel this way when we know nothing of the authority and the power that we have through Gods grace. Grace means unmerited favor, Gods willingness to give us his power and authority even though we do not deserve it.

Power and authority is given to us for Gods purpose and his timing in our lives as we serve him daily within his ministry. I’m not just talking about a pulpit ministry, but each individual ministry within us all as we reach out to others with the gospel through the works we are to continue in for the Lord to bring glory and honor to his name. The works are simply to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and visit those who are in their own prisons as when we do this we are doing it unto the Lord.

Gods power and authority is what helps us to stand against the principalities of darkness of this world so we can continue in the ministry of Jesus as when we first asked him into our hearts this created a new inner man or Spiritual man whom is no longer part of this world, nor should he or she conform themselves to this world. We may have to live in this world and as a servant of God, Satan will try anything he can to silence Gods word in us, but we need not fear what Satan or this world can do to us as we have Gods Spirit dwelling in us and guiding us and God will see us through all the trials and tribulations that can come against us to bring us out victorious in his name.

Never feel inadequate or incompetent as this is only unbelief that Satan is trying to put in your mind so he can quench the word of God that is already in you. Gods’ power and authority in your life will bring you to places you only dreamed of and were afraid to go to. It’s Gods strength within us through the Holy Spirit that gives us the freedom and privilege to take His gospel where it needs to go in the timing and purpose of Gods ministry in another’s life that needs to hear the good news of Gods salvation.

This Biblical study will teach you all the facets of Gods power and authority that gives us the right to speak to others no matter how superior they may seem to us or those who we are afraid to approach. When we allow the Holy Spirit guide us God will open doors for us to walk through so we can be Gods mouth piece to bring those who are lost back into Gods kingdom which brings glory and honor to his mighty name as we can do all things through Jesus who strengthens us.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Matthew 10:28 and fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Do you feel incompetent at times to take control of your life when it seems like nothing is going the way you want it to go? Do you feel powerless like you can not accomplish those things in your life you want to do because you feel so inadequate or out of your league? As a Christian there are times many of us feel this way when we know nothing of the authority and the power that we have through Gods grace. Grace means unmerited favor, Gods willingness to give us his power and authority even though we do not deserve it.

Power and authority is given to us for Gods purpose and his timing in our lives as we serve him daily within his ministry. I’m not just talking about a pulpit ministry, but each individual ministry within us all as we reach out to others with the gospel through the works we are to continue in for the Lord to bring glory and honor to his name. The works are simply to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and visit those who are in their own prisons as when we do this we are doing it unto the Lord.

Gods power and authority is what helps us to stand against the principalities of darkness of this world so we can continue in the ministry of Jesus as when we first asked him into our hearts this created a new inner man or Spiritual man whom is no longer part of this world, nor should he or she conform themselves to this world. We may have to live in this world and as a servant of God, Satan will try anything he can to silence Gods word in us, but we need not fear what Satan or this world can do to us as we have Gods Spirit dwelling in us and guiding us and God will see us through all the trials and tribulations that can come against us to bring us out victorious in his name.

Never feel inadequate or incompetent as this is only unbelief that Satan is trying to put in your mind so he can quench the word of God that is already in you. Gods’ power and authority in your life will bring you to places you only dreamed of and were afraid to go to. It’s Gods strength within us through the Holy Spirit that gives us the freedom and privilege to take His gospel where it needs to go in the timing and purpose of Gods ministry in another’s life that needs to hear the good news of Gods salvation.

This Biblical study will teach you all the facets of Gods power and authority that gives us the right to speak to others no matter how superior they may seem to us or those who we are afraid to approach. When we allow the Holy Spirit guide us God will open doors for us to walk through so we can be Gods mouth piece to bring those who are lost back into Gods kingdom which brings glory and honor to his mighty name as we can do all things through Jesus who strengthens us.
:clap Amen, Philippians 2:13 New King James Version 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Power and authority is given to us for Gods purpose and his timing in our lives as we serve him daily within his ministry.

Amen. Well said.

I can’t say enough about the timing that God has for us in our lives and ministry.

Paul is a good example of this.

As we know Paul was called with a mighty calling as an Apostle to the Gentiles, with power and authority, as God worked mightily through with signs and wonders.

However, it would be some 17 years or so, before Paul would be sent out by the Holy Spirit, for this work.

Never the less, Paul started out right away going after his countrymen, and all he did was to make a bunch of Jews (Hellenist’s) real mad and stir up trouble for the rest of the Church in Jerusalem, so much so that they had to get him out of town so there could be peace.

And when Saul had come to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, and did not believe that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. And he declared to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. So he was with them at Jerusalem, coming in and going out. And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him. When the brethren found out, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him out to Tarsus. Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied. Acts 9:26-31

The Point:

Waiting upon the Lord and His timing for our lives is a vital key.

Does that mean we do nothing?

No, we do what Jesus did when He knew who His Father was, and should be about His Father’s business.

And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”
And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. Luke 2:42-52

• and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

This was typified by Samuel as a boy.

And the child Samuel grew in stature, and in favor both with the Lord and men. 1 Samuel 2:26

JLB

Last edited:
Amen. Well said.

I can’t say enough about the timing that God has for us in our lives and ministry.

Paul is a good example of this.

As we know Paul was called with a mighty calling as an Apostle to the Gentiles, with power and authority, as God worked mightily through with signs and wonders.

However, it would be some 17 years or so, before Paul would be sent out by the Holy Spirit, for this work.

Never the less, Paul started out right away going after his countrymen, and all he did was to make a bunch of Jews (Hellenist’s) real mad and stir up trouble for the rest of the Church in Jerusalem, so much so that they had to get him out of town so there could be peace.

And when Saul had come to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, and did not believe that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. And he declared to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. So he was with them at Jerusalem, coming in and going out. And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him. When the brethren found out, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him out to Tarsus. Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied. Acts 9:26-31

The Point:

Waiting upon the Lord and His timing for our lives is a vital key.

Does that mean we do nothing?

No, we do what Jesus did when He knew who His Father was, and should be about His Father’s business.

And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”
And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. Luke 2:42-52

• and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

This was typified by Samuel as a boy.

And the child Samuel grew in stature, and in favor both with the Lord and men. 1 Samuel 2:26

JLB

We must learn to crawl before we can walk as we become equipped to be what God wants us to be in Him. I remember years ago I wanted to be a Pastor with my own congregation, but now when I look back on that it would have been a complete failure, because it's what I wanted and not what God wanted for me. I wasn't spiritually prepared or mature enough in knowledge as I needed more training in the word. It was then when only God knew I was ready that He did call me to be an Evangelist and set a congregation in front of me within the two years He placed me in the Prison Ministry. It was only for a time and a season within God's timing and also a great learning experience.

Reactions: JLB
We must learn to crawl before we can walk as we become equipped to be what God wants us to be in Him. I remember years ago I wanted to be a Pastor with my own congregation, but now when I look back on that it would have been a complete failure, because it's what I wanted and not what God wanted for me. I wasn't spiritually prepared or mature enough in knowledge as I needed more training in the word. It was then when only God knew I was ready that He did call me to be an Evangelist and set a congregation in front of me within the two years He placed me in the Prison Ministry. It was only for a time and a season within God's timing and also a great learning experience.

Amen!

Back