Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study God's Strength

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Strength means power and when it is given to us by God through his grace it also gives us authority in the Spiritual realm to stand against the wickedness of this world and to allow God to reign in our lives.

Greek definition for authority: (exousia, ex-oo-see'-ah) ability, privilege, force, competency, freedom, mastery, control, delegate, influence, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, and strength

Each verse below demonstrates Gods strength in us through His ability as it is no longer we that live, but Christ who lives in us and works through us to bring honor and glory to His name.

Esther 9:29 freedom from those who persecute you. Esther was a devout Jewish women who stood on her belief in God and was willing to lay her own life down for the compassion she had on her people by allowing Gods strength perform in her and through her.

Proverbs 29:1-27 influences come by the actions taken from the words that are spoken. Gods’ spoken words are dormant to the ear unless action is put in place, which brings the word to life.

Matthew 8:5-12 delegate to be an effective leader. As the Centurion commanded those under him we in Gods ministry need to also allow others to help so we are not overburdened and stress out.

Mark 1:21-28 God gives us jurisdiction to take authority over wicked ruling powers of this world to take back what is His.

Luke 9:1-5 ability to continue in the works of the Lord through Gods Spirit guiding us and supplying all our needs.

Luke 19:11-27 control gives us domination over all things that are the Lords. It is not our own control, but that which God entrust us with to use for Gods glory. Control regulates the outcome of any event or situation that is put before us.

Luke 20:19-26 force is the influence of a statement. When we speak to others it is Gods strength through his power and authority that is in us to stand firm in His word.

Acts 8:26-40 privilege is a special right given of God to those who believe in his name for the purpose of carrying out his ministry. Just like Phillip was called to where the eunuch was to minister the word to him, we are also called to minister the word where it needs to be heard.

Isaiah 40:31 strength refreshes us to stand and not be weary, to walk and not give up. We rely on Gods strength to help us through every obstacle that stands in our way.

2Corinthians 3:6-18 liberty is freedom to speak the truth through the utterance of the Holy Spirit without condemnation.

1 Corinthians 9:15-27 Mastery being subject to the temperance, or the ways of Gods word that gives us authority through the Holy Spirit to be able to run the race before us.

Matthew 7:15-29 competency is confidence in knowing what you are being taught or you yourself are teaching is truth or error as there are only two spirits that operate as one is Spirit of truth and the other spirit of antichrist or false prophets.

Gods’ strength is the driving force behind us to stay obedient to His word to bring glory and honor to His name in all things done here on earth.​

Luke 24:49 kjv
49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Probably not wait for 3000 years, but after 3000 years it will still be available in the NewJerusalem.

eddif

Luke 24:49 kjv
49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Probably not wait for 3000 years, but after 3000 years it will still be available in the NewJerusalem.

eddif
God's power is in all of us who are Spiritually born again from above and indwelled with His Holy Spirit. So many have really never been taught that and that it was so many walk in fear of others.

1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

God's power is in all of us who are Spiritually born again from above and indwelled with His Holy Spirit. So many have really never been taught that and that it was so many walk in fear of others.

1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
I think the strange thing to some is the symbolism in our human bodies. God made us in his image. The new birth is written in us in symbolism.

Nerves are angels
The natural pacemaker is Jesus
The cerebellum is the tree of life (and that expanded more yesterday).
The heart is probably Eden

Not that Jesus is in us at birth, but the revelation story of God is shown in us. Not us in us but God in us before it actually happens.

I can slow down.
Someone else speak

eddif

I think the strange thing to some is the symbolism in our human bodies. God made us in his image. The new birth is written in us in symbolism.

Nerves are angels
The natural pacemaker is Jesus
The cerebellum is the tree of life (and that expanded more yesterday).
The heart is probably Eden

Not that Jesus is in us at birth, but the revelation story of God is shown in us. Not us in us but God in us before it actually happens.

I can slow down.
Someone else speak

eddif
We have to always separate that which is Spiritual and natural as the Spiritual inner man (our spirit) is separate then the natural (flesh) part of man as it is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me, Galatians 2:20.

We have to always separate that which is Spiritual and natural as the Spiritual inner man (our spirit) is separate then the natural (flesh) part of man as it is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me, Galatians 2:20.
I totally agree that you have to be careful when using symbolism. Man thinks if he has the symbol then he must have the spiritual reality. That is just not true. Everyone has a heart. Everyone has a natural pacemaker. But everyone is not saved because he hears the word.

The quality of the heart is known by God and not man. The heart of man is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things. Ask most anyone how they are doing and their ego will usually say fine. God knows if we are ok or not. (The secrets of man’s heart will be revealed). Stony heart or heart of flesh?

Luke 8:11 kjv
11. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God
12. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Matthew 13:19 kjv
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Natural seed = word of God
Natural ground = mens hearts

The parable is natural, but the understanding is by God alone.

So I will always want For_His_Glory to ask for more information, or add warnings about symbolism. Other spiritual people are always challenged to make comments of correction. All men can make comments.

Ephesians 4:23 kjv
23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Where is the spirit? Can we please leave this for another day?

eddif

But everyone is not saved because he hears the word.
They not only have to hear the word, but accept and apply it to their lives by receiving Christ as Lord and Savior. So many only give lip service to the Lord, but truly do not have Him dwelling in them as they just go through the emotions.

Godlessness in the Last Days
2Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Tim 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Tim 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

They not only have to hear the word, but accept and apply it to their lives by receiving Christ as Lord and Savior. So many only give lip service to the Lord, but truly do not have Him dwelling in them as they just go through the emotions.

Godlessness in the Last Days
2Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Tim 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Tim 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Amen!

James 1:22-23

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

Back