Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Googles changed TOS

C

Chris

not long ago i agreed to my gmail's new Google terms of service. I read them and I agreed.

I am very suspicious and concerned.

The day after I did it I started noticing on my other browser without the flash blocking add on, ads appeared concerning something I was browsing earlier with exact references to the ads I was browsing. I know this is not uncommon. But since i accepted those TOS its been rampant.

I was looking at some job ads earlier to find ads from job boards of similar interest flashing across the web page.

Iam thinking about ditching Google as a search engine.

My better judgement is telling me not to trust a company that collects information for a living and profits from selling it.

I'm in the same boat, I really don't want to give up Google services but at the same time there new policy is extremely invasive. I don't do anything online I shouldn't be doing, but that's hardly the point.

If I left Google I'd have to leave GMail (easily replaced), find a new search engine (easily done), abandon all social networking (no real replacements for Facebook or Google+), give up Google Reader (haven't found anything comparable to that either), etc, etc, etc. I guess I'll just put up with their nosiness.

I'm in the same boat, I really don't want to give up Google services but at the same time there new policy is extremely invasive. I don't do anything online I shouldn't be doing, but that's hardly the point.

If I left Google I'd have to leave GMail (easily replaced), find a new search engine (easily done), abandon all social networking (no real replacements for Facebook or Google+), give up Google Reader (haven't found anything comparable to that either), etc, etc, etc. I guess I'll just put up with their nosiness.
None of this surprises me at all. It's always been about the gathering of information.

There are some things that Google does when searching for support that others do not do as well. The same goes for history. So I'll tolerate a little "intrusion".

I don't do social networking outside of this site. I won't even create a Youtube account because of their ties with Google.

Trust me, I do not need any more email addys. I have web access to the ones I already have, so I don't need a Gmail account.

I don't know what a Google reader is. I use my Kindle. :D

There is a few search engines out there that do not track IP addys. One of them was posted here somewhere. I'll re-post it when I find it.

I use startpage.com search engine.

Nevertheless, sites will drop cookies (and that can track habits, too). You can disable them but this makes some sites nonfunctional. I have not found a real solution to that yet, although I'm not trying too hard, either. Just delete the cookies often is what I can suggest.

Thanks tim I wil cive that a go. Google is convenient just as anonymity is also. I value anonymity from marketing agencies selling products.

I use startpage.com search engine.

Nevertheless, sites will drop cookies (and that can track habits, too). You can disable them but this makes some sites nonfunctional. I have not found a real solution to that yet, although I'm not trying too hard, either. Just delete the cookies often is what I can suggest.
Startpage.com. That was what i was looking for. Thanks Tim. :thumbsup

Back