Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Gravitational Waves

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Gravitational Waves: What Their Discovery Means for Science and Humanity

http://www.space.com/31922-gravitational-waves-detection-what-it-means.html

8f0b355e939f9b485bfef4e1950b776a

Not only is this a new window through which to observe the universe, it validates a number of controversial theories which predicted the existence and character of gravity waves. A huge step forward.

Seems unlikely. An object moving at a significant fraction of the speed of light, gains mass at an exponential rate. So any increase in force is negated by an increase in mass.

Seems unlikely. An object moving at a significant fraction of the speed of light, gains mass at an exponential rate. So any increase in force is negated by an increase in mass.
What known mass has ever approached the speed of light even in scientific study to verify that? And then exponentially? :shrug

What known mass has ever approached the speed of light even in scientific study to verify that? And then exponentially?

In particle accelerators, the increased mass is measurable. And yes, it increases exponentially. To accelerate a particle with mass to the speed of light would require an infinite amount of energy.

No spacecraft has gone fast enough to matter in that regard, but one other consequence of relativistic speed, slowing down of time, has been documented on the Apollo missions.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19720022040.pdf

Some mathless discussion of the issue:
http://www.askamathematician.com/20...ing-fast-enough-would-it-become-a-black-hole/

Last edited:
Actually some neutrinos have been measured to travel faster then the speed of light (299,792,458 meters per second)...but then these up coming discoveries are no surprise to those of us who already know the basis of the universe is non-materiality.

Actually some neutrinos have been measured to travel faster then the speed of light (299,792,458 meters per second)...but then these up coming discoveries are no surprise to those of us who already know the basis of the universe is non-materiality.

In 2011, the OPERA experiment mistakenly observed neutrinos appearing to travel faster than light. Even before the mistake was discovered, the result was considered anomalous because speeds higher than that of light in a vacuum are generally thought to violate special relativity, a cornerstone of the modern understanding of physics for over a century.[1][2]

OPERA scientists announced the results of the experiment in September 2011 with the stated intent of promoting further inquiry and debate. Later the team reported two flaws in their equipment set-up that had caused errors far outside their original confidence interval: a fiber optic cable attached improperly, which caused the apparently faster-than-light measurements, and a clock oscillator ticking too fast.[3] The errors were first confirmed by OPERA after a ScienceInsider report;[4] accounting for these two sources of error eliminated the faster-than-light results.[5]Reich (2012c)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_neutrino_anomaly

Well at least we have discerned that "matter" as we know it at this time cannot travel faster than the speed of light. Thus no spaceships travelling at that speed are plausible under these conditions of space/time. But is matter all there is?

Well at least we have discerned that "matter" as we know it at this time cannot travel faster than the speed of light. Thus no spaceships travelling at that speed are plausible under these conditions of space/time. But is matter all there is?

We should be careful about deciding what is possible. Maybe someone will eventually find a way around the limitation. But for now, there's no way to accelerate anything with mass to lightspeed or beyond.

In the physical universe, there is matter and energy. But the physical universe is not all that there is.

I thought I saw something about an engine that created a warp field around it a while ago. Though it wasn't about gravational waves, traveling at close to light speeds might be possible in the future.

What I'd like to see with gravitional waves is studying their impact on other forces. Like how the earth creates a magnitic field around it might have an impact in gravity created, or visa versa. Or on a smaller scale, does gravaty affect or is affected by atomic bonds that make complex molicules. Would thise bonds be stronger or fail in weaker or stronger forces of gravity.

Why can't they find a solution "a way to stop" the radioactive energy that's being emitted from the reactors at Fukushima?

What I'd like to see with gravitional waves is studying their impact on other forces.

The thing is, gravity is very weak relative to other forces. Unless there's a truly huge amount of mass involved. It bends space in those cases. This was actually measured by observing the curvature of space around the sun during an eclipse. Effectively, it made light rays bend around the sun. (of course it was really space bending, not light)

Like how the earth creates a magnitic field around it might have an impact in gravity created, or visa versa. Or on a smaller scale, does gravaty affect or is affected by atomic bonds that make complex molicules.

Something like that was tried out aboard the International Space Station. You might be able to search it out. I don't know much about it.

Would thise bonds be stronger or fail in weaker or stronger forces of gravity.

The electromagnetic force (which governs chemical bonds) is stronger than gravity by degrees of magnitude.

The thing is, gravity is very weak relative to other forces. Unless there's a truly huge amount of mass involved. It bends space in those cases. This was actually measured by observing the curvature of space around the sun during an eclipse. Effectively, it made light rays bend around the sun. (of course it was really space bending, not light)

I've heard that about gravity being a weak force. But that's on a scale of how much of it is needed to have an effect, verses how much of another g irce is needed to have an effect. On earth we have a fairly good scale of gravity on us. But I guess we also have a fairly good scale of maginitsm also with earth's electro-magnitic presence.

What I was thinking was does one force influnce another. Encourage it to exist. If we can find gravity waves then maybe we can see how other forces interact with gravity, without gravity, or regardless of gravity. Even down to a molecular level. I'd bet a high dollar if some routine chemist experiments were done in outer space where garvity is weaker. Some of them would show different results then on earth with our gravity level. Just a thought and assumption though. More on the level of proteins and complex molecules then smaller molecules I'd bet.

Something like that was tried out aboard the International Space Station. You might be able to search it out. I don't know much about it.

Cool, I'll have to look that up some time. Thanks.

The electromagnetic force (which governs chemical bonds) is stronger than gravity by degrees of magnitude.

Can an electro magnitic force exist naturally though without a heavy source of gravity there as well? Just pondering some thoughts. That's all.

Gravity is not weak. In fact, Gravity is whatever you want it to be. Gravity is magic and answers everything. For example, the tides of the Ocean.

http://www.moonconnection.com/tides.phtml
However, the Moon's gravitational forces are strong enough to disrupt this balance by accelerating the water towards the Moon. This causes the water to 'bulge.' As the Moon orbits our planet and as the Earth rotates, the bulge also moves. The areas of the Earth where the bulging occurs experience high tide, and the other areas are subject to a low tide.

Water on the opposite side of Earth facing away from the Moon also bulges outward (high tide), but for a different and interesting reason: in reality, the Moon and the Earth revolve together around a common gravitational center between them, or center of mass. Here's a rough but helpful analogy: picture yourself swinging a heavy object attached to a rope around your body as you rotate. You have to lean back to compensate, which puts the center of mass between you and the object. With the Earth-Moon system, gravity is like a rope that pulls or keeps the two bodies together, and centrifugal force is what keeps them apart. Because the centrifugal force is greater than the Moon's gravitational pull, ocean water on the opposite side of the Earth bulges outward

The Moon has enough power to pull trillions of gallons of Water out of the Ocean with the Help of Earth Spin. That explains tides, but the moon does not move hair on your head or pick up cars.

Gravity keeps planes stuck to their reference frame (Earth) In this way Planes can land on N/S runways moving beneath them at 940mph. The Magic of Gravity.

Funny how Mae C. Jemison taken the time to contact me and explain how these things works. Why would she do that? I tried to get her to explain how Water stays in it's banks concerning lake Michigan despite the 1,000 feet drop in elevation from Grand Mere Park MI and the Chicago skyline. There is no sideways force, so how that water not rush over Chicago? She said Water tries to find the center of Gravity. I guess Water is smart that way.

Then I busted out NASA's documents concerning Rigid body flight mechanics. I guess NASA did not really mean everyone to get ahold of these. I asked her How do planes land on a Earth spinning beneath them at a whopping 940mph over North America? I just used NASA's Own words........ The Earth does not spin and is flat.
She never got back to me.

29 Scriptures have the exact phrase "Ends of the Earth"
There is no gravity, it was a blip on a screen and released on Einstein Anniversary along with other articles. It's not real.

2 Scriptures describe the Sun and moon moving above us, not us moving around the Sun at 67,000mph.

The Sun and moon give their own light, We proved this, just as scripture say they do.

NASA is in a panic, we destroyed their Globe and Bible Earth is being shown to the World. 75 scriptures that describe our Earth are not wrong, God is not Wrong...... NASA is Wrong.

DScvor Epic.......... Forgot to remove the Mask for the Effect of the moon passing by in their CGI image.

View attachment 8369

Scott Kellie Picture from Above the ISS and Earth. Notice the Mountain Range? Notice the Circle of the Earth? You can fit about 10 of these around. Earth is smaller than the moon now.

View attachment 8370
Here are the Stars and background. Purple geometric boxes. You know what that means? FAKED!!!
View attachment 8372

Real picture above Earth. See the Spot of the sun? Not 93 million miles away, the moon gives her light. Just like Scriptures say.
View attachment 8371

Psa 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Who does the Heavens belong to? Would that be God? They are His, and not ours to pretend we can even get up there. We can't, Space is fake, God's Word is real. If God said they are His, it's great disrespect to think we are out there landing on Mars.

I don't want folks deceived. Scripture is always 100% correct. There is no Gravity, Dense objects fall when in Objects less dense than them. According to EZE 1 there is Atmosphere again once you reach the Firmament where the Stars are set above us.

In these last days, Scripture Must be first place. God is not lying to us. NASA and the Governments that will make up the Beast system are lying.

Science does not prove what Scriptures are right. Scriptures Prove what Science is so falsely called.

Examine it folks, it's all deception. Gravity is not real. Don't ignore your bible.

Blessings.
Mike.

Can an electro magnitic force exist naturally though without a heavy source of gravity there as well? Just pondering some thoughts. That's all.

Yes. The electromagnetic functions of Voyager 1, for example, continued to operate after it had left the solar system, until the solar batteries died out.

Why can't they find a solution "a way to stop" the radioactive energy that's being emitted from the reactors at Fukushima?

Radiation from these reactors is just energy. Energy that does not harm anyone. This is why they are not spending the tons of money to fix it right away.

Galen Winsor is a nuclear physicist of renown who worked at, and helped design, nuclear power plants in Hanford, WA; Oak Ridge, TN; Morris, IL, San Jose, CA; Wimington, NJ. Among his positions of expertise he was in charge of measuring and controlling the nuclear fuel inventory and storage.

this man exposed the lie about Nuclear Power plants and how the Government invented this to have reasons to evacuate towns and have control. He also talks about how towns could benefit from these reactors and not hand all the money to big power.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back