Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Greetings from Australia

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lawlord

Greetings, my name is Christopher.

I'm a 26 year male old from Australia. I was raised as a Christian (not a very religious family) and went to a religious primary school. Since then for most of my life I didn't pay these things much attention, didn't really go to Church.

I didn't know what I thought of God or Jesus, but I had strong distaste to my perceptions of most organised religion, I even considered myself an atheist for some time. I came to belief in God that was undeniable to me through some powerful personal experiences and later came to belief in Jesus Christ fairly recently, though there were difficult hurdles to overcome (I could barely even say His name!)

Since then it has tied in all of the experiences of my life and I know I cannot go back. I've felt in my life for a long time that disaster and chaos would be in my life. I have had many dreams of natural disaster, tsunamis, earthquakes, meteors, war, troops rounding up people for extermination, persecution, demons, among other things.

I strongly feel with all of my soul that we are on the verge of entering the 'beginning of sorrows' and tribulation period described in the Bible. I don't feel like many share my perspectives. Over time I've written some PDF documents to my family and friends on Facebook trying to warn them of what I see as the coming economic collapse and the subsequent chaos that would cause.

I've been able to overcome my embarrassment and express myself on Facebook to speak my mind and my truth of my beliefs in Christ and what I think is coming.

I look forward to reading and posting. Thanks everyone.

Kind Regards,
Christopher

Greetings, my name is Christopher.

I'm a 26 year male old from Australia. I was raised as a Christian (not a very religious family) and went to a religious primary school. Since then for most of my life I didn't pay these things much attention, didn't really go to Church.

I didn't know what I thought of God or Jesus, but I had strong distaste to my perceptions of most organised religion, I even considered myself an atheist for some time. I came to belief in God that was undeniable to me through some powerful personal experiences and later came to belief in Jesus Christ fairly recently, though there were difficult hurdles to overcome (I could barely even say His name!)

Since then it has tied in all of the experiences of my life and I know I cannot go back. I've felt in my life for a long time that disaster and chaos would be in my life. I have had many dreams of natural disaster, tsunamis, earthquakes, meteors, war, troops rounding up people for extermination, persecution, demons, among other things.

I strongly feel with all of my soul that we are on the verge of entering the 'beginning of sorrows' and tribulation period described in the Bible. I don't feel like many share my perspectives. Over time I've written some PDF documents to my family and friends on Facebook trying to warn them of what I see as the coming economic collapse and the subsequent chaos that would cause.

I've been able to overcome my embarrassment and express myself on Facebook to speak my mind and my truth of my beliefs in Christ and what I think is coming.

I look forward to reading and posting. Thanks everyone.

Kind Regards,
Christopher
Welcome Chris,
You are not alone in your feelings, I try to warn people but it makes them mad and to think ma a fool.

hello Lawlord, dirtfarmer here

Welcome to the forums

It is my belief that the believer may see the beginnings of sorrow, as you have mentioned, but I believe that 1 Thessalonians 1:10 give the Christian a hope of not being part of the tribulation. I base my hope in 1 Thessalonians 1:10, " And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come." From this scripture I base my belief that the believer will be with Jesus during the tribulation period.

Last edited:
Hi Dirtfarmer, I base my views on this from a number of different areas and Matthew, Revelation and 2 Thessalonians 2. John 17:14

I personally interpret 1 Thessalonians 1:10 as those who are true to Jesus are delivered from His wrath. His wrath is coming to judge the world. But if you are true to Jesus His wrath is not for you. But I don't believe this means we will be taken from the Earth. Being delivered can be to be kept safe during the times etc. I made a longer video detailing my views on the end times, Matthew/Revelation http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...lation-and-how-to-prepare.68060/#post-1288703
Not sure if it will stay up though but you can consider if you want.

Thanks for the greetings everyone. th1b.taylor - yeah I'm getting that in different ways, but I'm just laying it out because I want to make sure I've at least tried to warn them of what is coming. Now they are free to accept or reject the information. I know I used to be in the darkness and not know of ANY of these things. I would hope someone would try to reach out and tell me about it, though I may have rejected it. Difficult either way I just try to put it out there but I don't expect people to listen. I warned people of the perils in the global economy and the coming economic collapse with a number of different PDFs but I don't think anyone decided to do anything. Maybe some did and maybe it will change their perceptions once these things begin. Ah well, we'll see. Can only do what we can do.

Hi Dirtfarmer, I base my views on this from a number of different areas and Matthew, Revelation and 2 Thessalonians 2. John 17:14

I personally interpret 1 Thessalonians 1:10 as those who are true to Jesus are delivered from His wrath. His wrath is coming to judge the world. But if you are true to Jesus His wrath is not for you. But I don't believe this means we will be taken from the Earth. Being delivered can be to be kept safe during the times etc. I made a longer video detailing my views on the end times, Matthew/Revelation http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...lation-and-how-to-prepare.68060/#post-1288703

Thanks for the greetings everyone. th1b.taylor - yeah I'm getting that in different ways, but I'm just laying it out because I want to make sure I've at least tried to warn them of what is coming. Now they are free to accept or reject the information. I know I used to be in the darkness and not know of ANY of these things. I would hope someone would try to reach out and tell me about it, though I may have rejected it. Difficult either way I just try to put it out there but I don't expect people to listen. I warned people of the perils in the global economy and the coming economic collapse with a number of different PDFs but I don't think anyone decided to do anything. Maybe some did and maybe it will change their perceptions once these things begin. Ah well, we'll see. Can only do what we can do.

One question: What scripture do you base your belief that, "his wrath is coming to judge the world"?

Isaiah 66:14-18, James 5:1-9, Psalm 50:3-6, Psalm 82, Psalm 91:8, Revelation 11:18, Psalm 94, 2 Thes 2:12, Luke 18:6-7, Psalm 1:4-6, Revelation 20:12, Psalm 94:1-2, Psalm 76:8-9, 2 Peter 3:7, Isaiah 3:13, James 5:9, Matthew 7:15-20, 1 Peter 4:17, Matthew 7:21, Revelation 6:10, Matthew 13:29-30, Revelation 16:5-7, Revelation 21:7-8, Matthew 10:14-15, Revelation 22:12, John 15:5-6, Isaiah 13:11, Romans 2:5-6, Exodus 20:5, Matthew 3:10, Luke 3:9, Matthew 12:36-37. There are more, but the whole events in Matthew, the beginning of sorrows and the great tribulation, events in The Revelation, are God's judgement upon the world. The wine of his wrath will be upon the wicked, the cup of his indignation will be poured out (Rev 9:10).

Hi Christopher,
Welcome to the forum!

I remind you of 1 Corinthians 2:14.
Those who don't have the spirit of God do not understand the spirit of God.
That's why it's so great to have fellowship with other Christians.

There's a forum called "End Times". You could start a thread there regarding what you and Dirtfarmer are discussing.
It would be interesting. It could also go in Bible Study. Or you could continue here, no problem. But less readers will see it and join in. It took me a long time to learn this since this is the first forum I've been on as a member.

Have fun discussing what interests you!
See you around.

Wondering

Thank you very much Wondering. I agree, I find it hard to talk about things with people I know. I'm lucky to have at least one person mostly on the same page, but it's nice to find others who agree at least in the basics of faith. This can be a nice relief. Thank you I did go ahead and post a video in the End Times giving my view of my experiences, dreams, interpretations of Matthew and Revelation and the end times and how to prepare for them. I look forward to reading and discussing, thanks again!

Question? Which speaks louder, the words we speak or the life we live? It is my belief that it is the life that we live. When you came to believe that Jesus was the savior of the world, did your manner of life change?

It is my belief that the whole world has been judged and found in need of a savior. It is unbelief in Christ a savior that condemns to the lake of fire, not any thing that we fail to accomplish or that we do.

James 5:9 which you referenced states , If you hold a grudge, you will be condemned. Is this scripture that we can establish church doctrine from? seeing that in James 1:1 it is stated that James was written " to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad". Galatians 2:7-9 tells us that Peter, James, and John were apostles to the circumcision and that Paul was the apostle to the heathen.

Greetings Dirtfarmer!
The life we life no doubt speaks louder. The Lord teaches us to seek for the fruit in Matthew 7:15 in determining false prophets and wolves in sheep’s clothing. The fruits are the deeds and actions, and not the words or appearances. Satan appears as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14) but is the father of lies (John 8:44). We must be guarded against deception and smooth words and false appearances. The beast/anti-Christ to emerge is going to be speaking great and boastful words and will liken himself to God. The false-prophet will give testimony to the beast, the whole world except those who are true to God will worship after the beast.

When I came to belief in Jesus it absolutely changed my life. I’ve been able to overcome so much of my previous fear and anxiety. I've had a lot of issues with this in my life. My concerns about what others thought about me I have been able to get over more and more, enough so I can now record my own videos and testimony and put it out for others to view. I never would have been able to do this before, my faith has given me confidence in the Lord and my relationship with the Lord.

I also believe as you do that the world has been judged and found in need of a saviour. I also believe that it is unbelief in Christ that will condemn, (1 John 2:23 “Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father”). However, I do not believe just believing in Jesus without following His teachings, His Word and guidance, seeking forgiveness, repenting and turning away from sin will be enough. I believe this because of Jesus’ criticisms of the Church in Revelation, saying they are lukewarm, rich but poor spiritually, have teachings of Balaam and Jezebel and those of the synagogue of satan.

The Lord also says of those who claim to hold His name and do works in His name at Matthew 7:21 “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” So the Lord is telling us there will be people who consider themselves believers in Him, but are considered workers of iniquity (lawlessness).

We are told in Matthew 7:13 “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at: 14 because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” So we are told that many enter the broad path to destruction and few find the narrow path that leads to life.

We know that judgement will begin at the household of God 1 Peter 4:17 “for it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?” This goes along with Jesus warnings and words to the Church in Revelation, He is calling the church (believers) to repent or He will come at them quickly with the sword (Rev 2:16).

1 Corinthians 10:12 “therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall”. We should be careful not to assume our positions and not take our spiritual relationship with the Lord for granted. In Luke 18:11 we are taught this, “The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

Those who exalt themselves will be abased, and the humbled will be exalted.

For these reasons and others I feel that many believers are at risk of being found against God, and workers of iniquity (lawlessness). I do believe that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is one with His Father is all you need. As Ephesians 2:8 tells us “for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God”. But are we being faithful to the Lord if we do not follow His teachings? If we do not heed His Word? If we love not, if we break God’s commandments and teach others to do the same (Matthew 5:17), if we do not heed His call to the church to repent?

I believe even believers are in a troubled state. We know this because many will fall away and be vomited out of God’s mouth for being lukewarm (2 Thes 2: and Revelation 3:16). I believe we should all take heed if we think we stand lest we fall. We should be in a continual state of repentance of our sins and our failures and turn from sin and follow after the Lord, bearing our cross in self-sacrifice and follow His Word and His teachings. I do not believe everyone has done so. Therefore while I agree that faith in the Lord is all you need. What constitutes true faith in the Lord is actually more than what many think.

Galatians 2:7-9 “But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.” James, Cephas and John gave to Paul the right hands of fellowship to go unto the heathen, and they unto circumcision. The Lord says in Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

I absolutely do not believe this statement in Galatians 2:7-9 negates the teachings in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. Nor of the teachings in Revelation. We are told that Jesus did not come to destroy the law. I do not believe ignoring the 10 commandments is wise. Nor do I believe ignoring the other important teachings of the Lord is wise. Being faithful to the Lord is being faithful to His Word and His teachings. The Bible IS His word. There will come great apostasy and falling away in the church. The Lord is calling the church to repentance.

I discuss this in my video I posted in the End Times section http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...lation-and-how-to-prepare.68060/#post-1289347 from 37:30 I discuss the criticism of the church by the Lord, these issues and more of the Word about not taking our spiritual relationship with the Lord for granted. You can watch this for 20-30 mins from here if you want to. Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings Dirtfarmer!
The life we life no doubt speaks louder. The Lord teaches us to seek for the fruit in Matthew 7:15 in determining false prophets and wolves in sheep’s clothing. The fruits are the deeds and actions, and not the words or appearances. Satan appears as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14) but is the father of lies (John 8:44). We must be guarded against deception and smooth words and false appearances. The beast/anti-Christ to emerge is going to be speaking great and boastful words and will liken himself to God. The false-prophet will give testimony to the beast, the whole world except those who are true to God will worship after the beast.

When I came to belief in Jesus it absolutely changed my life. I’ve been able to overcome so much of my previous fear and anxiety. I've had a lot of issues with this in my life. My concerns about what others thought about me I have been able to get over more and more, enough so I can now record my own videos and testimony and put it out for others to view. I never would have been able to do this before, my faith has given me confidence in the Lord and my relationship with the Lord.

I also believe as you do that the world has been judged and found in need of a saviour. I also believe that it is unbelief in Christ that will condemn, (1 John 2:23 “Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father”). However, I do not believe just believing in Jesus without following His teachings, His Word and guidance, seeking forgiveness, repenting and turning away from sin will be enough. I believe this because of Jesus’ criticisms of the Church in Revelation, saying they are lukewarm, rich but poor spiritually, have teachings of Balaam and Jezebel and those of the synagogue of satan.

The Lord also says of those who claim to hold His name and do works in His name at Matthew 7:21 “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” So the Lord is telling us there will be people who consider themselves believers in Him, but are considered workers of iniquity (lawlessness).

We are told in Matthew 7:13 “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at: 14 because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” So we are told that many enter the broad path to destruction and few find the narrow path that leads to life.

We know that judgement will begin at the household of God 1 Peter 4:17 “for it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?” This goes along with Jesus warnings and words to the Church in Revelation, He is calling the church (believers) to repent or He will come at them quickly with the sword (Rev 2:16).

1 Corinthians 10:12 “therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall”. We should be careful not to assume our positions and not take our spiritual relationship with the Lord for granted. In Luke 18:11 we are taught this, “The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

Those who exalt themselves will be abased, and the humbled will be exalted.

For these reasons and others I feel that many believers are at risk of being found against God, and workers of iniquity (lawlessness). I do believe that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is one with His Father is all you need. As Ephesians 2:8 tells us “for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God”. But are we being faithful to the Lord if we do not follow His teachings? If we do not heed His Word? If we love not, if we break God’s commandments and teach others to do the same (Matthew 5:17), if we do not heed His call to the church to repent?

I believe even believers are in a troubled state. We know this because many will fall away and be vomited out of God’s mouth for being lukewarm (2 Thes 2: and Revelation 3:16). I believe we should all take heed if we think we stand lest we fall. We should be in a continual state of repentance of our sins and our failures and turn from sin and follow after the Lord, bearing our cross in self-sacrifice and follow His Word and His teachings. I do not believe everyone has done so. Therefore while I agree that faith in the Lord is all you need. What constitutes true faith in the Lord is actually more than what many think.

Galatians 2:7-9 “But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.” James, Cephas and John gave to Paul the right hands of fellowship to go unto the heathen, and they unto circumcision. The Lord says in Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

I absolutely do not believe this statement in Galatians 2:7-9 negates the teachings in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. Nor of the teachings in Revelation. We are told that Jesus did not come to destroy the law. I do not believe ignoring the 10 commandments is wise. Nor do I believe ignoring the other important teachings of the Lord is wise. Being faithful to the Lord is being faithful to His Word and His teachings. The Bible IS His word. There will come great apostasy and falling away in the church. The Lord is calling the church to repentance.

I discuss this in my video I posted in the End Times section http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...lation-and-how-to-prepare.68060/#post-1289347 from 37:30 I discuss the criticism of the church by the Lord, these issues and more of the Word about not taking our spiritual relationship with the Lord for granted. You can watch this for 20-30 mins from here if you want to. Thanks

You state; " I do not believe ignoring the 10 commandments is wise". If the law has been fulfilled by Christ and your salvation is in Christ, how is it that you still have to keep the 10 commandments? Doesn't that nullify the sacrifice of Christ? Galatians 5:4 " Christ is become of no effect to you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." It is impossible to mix law and grace.
Romans 10:3-4 " For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and goin about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." If we are in Christ then there is no keeping of the law on our part.

Galatians 3:10 " For as many as are of the works of the law are made a curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." Do you and have you always observed the Sabbath?
Romans 3:20 " Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: For by the law is the knowledge of sin."

John 6:28-29 " Then said they unto him. What shall we do, that we might work the work of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, this is the work of God, that ye believe on him which he hath sent."
Where is there any thing that states that we are to do any thing but believe in the sacrifice of Christ.

Ephesians 2:10 states that we are the product of Christ's work and not of any thing that we accomplish through our flesh. The last phrase of verse 10 states that we are to walk in those works that are created in Christ Jesus, not do them.

Thanks for your reply dirtfarmer,

Of Galatians 5:4 whoever is justified by the law, Christ is become no effect to you and ye are fallen from grace. I do not believe myself justified by the law. I am justified by Christ. The people who put Christ to death thought they were justified by the law, but put to death the Son of God.

I don’t believe this says the law is nullified or destroyed. Romans 10:3-4 I agree that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth. But to believe in Christ is to believe in His teachings and what He told us.

Galatians 3:10 – I do agree we are not subject to the strict observations of the law that was of old. But I don’t believe this means the 10 commandments, nor Jesus’ teachings are nullified. We are not to be justified by the law, but justified by Christ. I have not always observed the Sabbath. Most go to church on Sunday but the Sabbath is historically considered Saturday. I know I am a sinner as well, that I sin and don’t always do right by God. I seek forgiveness often.

John 6:28-29 – believe in him which he hath sent. I believe to believe in Christ is to believe in what He stood for and what He taught us. To ignore what Christ taught us or to ignore what He stood for is not to believe in Him.

What are your thoughts on these areas of scripture?

Revelation 3:15 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked”. People who consider themselves believers will be spewed from God’s mouth.

Revelation 3:19 “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.” The Lord calls most of the 7 churches to repentence, says they have the synagogue of satan within them, are contaminated by the teachings of balaam and jezebel.

Revelation 2:16 “Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.” The Lord is saying this to the church. These are believers who believe in the son of God, but He is saying they must repent or He will come at them with the sword.

1 Peter 4:17 says “for it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?” So the household of God is to be judged. They must not be operating perfectly in the eyes of Christ.

2 Thes 2:3 “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition” How do you suppose this falling away comes about?

What of the Lord’s statement in Matthew 5:17? “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Jesus says himself He did not come to destroy the law.

What are your thoughts on Matthew 7:21, where the Lord is saying not everyone who considers themselves a believer in Him (who calls Lord Lord) is actually a true believer. The Lord says they must do the will of His father. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

Consider the other rebukes against the church the Lord offers. Why is the Lord rebuking His church and calling them into repentance if all it takes is to believe in the Son of God? I believe to truly believe in Jesus is to believe in Him, that He is the Son of God, to follow His teachings and what He stood for, to seek forgiveness and repent and turn from sin. I don't believe everyone believes in the same way.

What of what Jesus says in John 14:15 “if ye love me, keep my commandments.”

In 1 John 5 it says “whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” What do you think of this?

Jesus’ words in Luke 10:25 “and, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live”. Jesus says to love the Lord and to love your neighbor.

The Lord says at Matthew 22:36 “Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” So Jesus is saying we should love God and love our neighbour as yourself and these are the most important commandments that hang the law and the prophets.

Jesus Himself commanded us in John 13:34 of a new commandment “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”

We are told n 1 John 5 these commandments are not grievous and whoever loves the Lord keeps His commandments.

If we consider what the 10 commandments are. 1 Have no other God’s before Him. 2 to not make unto God a graven image or idol, of anything the likeness of heaven, the earth or the waters beneath, and to not bow down to them nor serve them. This is breached a LOT. 3 Not to take the Lord’s name in vain, 4 Keep Sabbath holy as rest day and to honor God for His creation, 5 honor mother and father, 6 not murder, 7 not commit adultery, 8 not steal, 9 not to bear false witness and 10 is to not covet what is thy neighbors (jealousy). Which of these should we disobey? They make basic sense and I can’t see how not following these is a good idea. Sure keeping the Sabbath is something I don’t really do, but If I am praying every day I do thank God for His creation.

Since you say we aren’t to consider the law anymore, are we free to have other Gods? Do we make idols and worship them? Do we take the Lord’s name in vain? Do we not honour our mother and Father? Do we commit adultery? Do we steal? Do we bear false witness? Do we murder? Are we be jealous of others?

I don’t believe that we are advised to not follow these basic principles. Jesus says He has not done away with the law. But I agree we aren’t to be JUSTIFIED by the law, like the scribes and Pharisees were that killed Jesus, who didn’t accept Him as the Son of God. They were worked up in the law and traditions for their justifications but they didn’t follow the weightier matters of the law, as Jesus says in Matthew 23:23 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.”

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on these different scriptures, the falling away (apostacy), Jesus calling the church to repentence etc. I don’t believe Jesus’ teachings are nullified by the statements in Paul’s writings. I believe He is speaking to those who justify themselves based on the law. We are justified by Christ, not the law. But the law was given to us by God. We should at least not ignore the common sense stuff in there. Well that’s just my opinion. There’s a reason we will have a falling away, and believers will go before the Lord when they die and He will call them workers of lawlessness.

Thanks for your post.

It is my understanding that those that have received salvation in Christ are no longer called sinners, but are called saints. I believe that it is not correct for a believer to refer to themselves as sinners. The correct biblical term verbiage is according to Colossians 1:13: " delivered from the kingdom of darkness, and translated into the kingdom of his dear Son", they are called saints

In Matthew was Jesus still alive? In chapter 5 of Matthew we find the 8 beatitudes, but they were given to the Jewish people. The "Church"(body of Christ) had not been established. The "Church" is built on the foundation of the crucified, buried, and resurrected Christ.

I see the kingdom spoken of in Matthew, the earthly kingdom that was promised to Israel in the wilderness. The believer is the "Church" and is part of the body of Christ and will rule and reign with him as his bride, not as subjects of his earthly kingdom. Ephesians 5:25-27 & 2 Corinthians 11:2.

In Romans 6 were are told that we have been baptized (by the Spirit) into Christ, therefore we also have been resurrected to walk in newness of life in Christ.

As to the Sabbath rest, there is a good article in the Lambert Dolphin library by Ray C. Stedman; " Jesus is our Sabbath rest", that explains our rest in Christ.

I agree we are called saints. But we still sin. We still make mistakes and we still fail. We can fall off the path. We should take heed if we think we stand, lest we fall. The point I'm trying to say with this is that we should be continually seeking repentance, not just once in our life. I'm not sure what you mean with regard to Matthew, some critical teachings of Jesus are contained in Matthew. His life, His teachings, what he spoke of. While it doesn't cover the period after His death, like Paul's writings do, I believe direct quotes from Christ are more important teachings than what was written about Him second hand after He died. I'm open to correction on this from more information.

Jesus talks much of the kingdom of God; Matthew 6:33, He teaches of the kingdom in Matthew 13. Have you read Matthew recently? I find the teachings directly by Jesus to be highly valuable. I agree with Eph 5:25-27, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Romans 6 and about Jesus is our Sabbath rest, I agree with all of those things, but I don't believe it takes away from Jesus' direct teachings while He was alive as a man. Nothing can. He is the Son of God. Thanks for your comments.

I agree we are called saints. But we still sin. We still make mistakes and we still fail. We can fall off the path. We should take heed if we think we stand, lest we fall. The point I'm trying to say with this is that we should be continually seeking repentance, not just once in our life. I'm not sure what you mean with regard to Matthew, some critical teachings of Jesus are contained in Matthew. His life, His teachings, what he spoke of. While it doesn't cover the period after His death, like Paul's writings do, I believe direct quotes from Christ are more important teachings than what was written about Him second hand after He died. I'm open to correction on this from more information.

Jesus talks much of the kingdom of God; Matthew 6:33, He teaches of the kingdom in Matthew 13. Have you read Matthew recently? I find the teachings directly by Jesus to be highly valuable. I agree with Eph 5:25-27, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Romans 6 and about Jesus is our Sabbath rest, I agree with all of those things, but I don't believe it takes away from Jesus' direct teachings while He was alive as a man. Nothing can. He is the Son of God. Thanks for your comments.

I have never advocated that a believer is not overtaken in faults, but the moment that the believer is made aware of that fault, they confess that fault and fellowship is restored.

It is my belief that repentance is a one time occurrence when we realize that we are at enmity with God. The sin of the whole world was paid for on the cross. It is the sin of unbelief in the sacrifice of Christ that sends a person to the lake of fire, not because we don't observe the Sabbath or "tithe"

When Jesus made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem, he was offering the earthly kingdom to the nation of Israel. It was then that the Jews rejected that kingdom again. After the "Church" is taken out and the marriage of the bride(the Church) to Christ, the 7year marriage feast in heaven/ 7 year tribulation on earth, the earthly kingdom that was promised to Israel will be established and they will become the kingdom of priest to preach the gospel to every nation.

Took quite a bit of time but I finally located your video on YouTube. Did you say you are also on FaceBook? Could you share your Facebook link? PM me maybe.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back