Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Greetings from China

Hello again GnuDoyng --- :D

So, since word for word translation can cause misleading utterances, what would be the best method for my progress in your language? How about if I begin with something simplier?

Such as, "怎样您摸当今?" OR "How you feel today?" Trying to say; "How are you today?"

Thank you GnuDoyng for such a 亲 切 的 invitation to experience your country. Perhaps some day I will visit, what a 热 闹 thought. You possess an honest and compassionate heart toward your "motherland" ~ few American's can equally boast. May God grant your prayers for His shining salvation for China, let His name be proclaimed in all Chinas' highways and in every byway. Even so~

America has its own propaganda as well. If you don't mind sharing, what kind of a giant leap is China poised for--- ? è°¢ è°¢ you, for your patience. I will be praying for your China, brother.
Because "He" first loved us ... bonnie

GnuDoyng said:
StoveBolts said:
One of the missionaries that our congregations helps to support has been helping to bring Bibles into China for quite some time. A few years ago he told us about how he would have them brought in "Underground", but now China has authorized x amount of printings each year and each Bible must be stamped with a seal from the Government.

Can I ask what happens if a bible is found without a stamp (such as your English versions, or am I mistaken?), or is it really even a big deal? Also, do you see a lack of the availability of Bibles, or are they pretty easy to get?

At least my Bibles printed in China don't have such seals, but in the head page it is printed as:
中国基ç£教三自爱国è¿Â动å§â€Ã¥â€˜ËœÃ¤Â¼Å¡
中国基ç£教åÂÂ会
National TSPM & CCC

Our House Church also have Bibles that were obtained "underground" from Hong Kong, Taiwan, and other places abroad. As far as I know none of them has such a seal, and we use it publicly without any fear of being persecuted.

I live in the city (Fuzhou, the capital of Fujian province). Here Bibles are available in churches, and anyone, whether Christian or pagan, can easily get one if s/he wants to. But I've heard that millions of Christians in rural areas don't have a Bible of their own. Since I've never been to such places, I can't tell with absolute certainty.

In China, our government does have control over us: Bibles are not allowed to be sold in bookstores, preachers not allowed to preach outside churches, all Christians forbidden to touch political taboo issues, etc. However, as the number of Chinese Christians grows larger and larger, it will be more and more difficult for them to do so. To be honest, I'm positive about the future of China. 8-)
its great to hear that the christian community there is growing, it is really great to hear that

sheshisown said:
Hello again GnuDoyng --- :D

So, since word for word translation can cause misleading utterances, what would be the best method for my progress in your language? How about if I begin with something simplier?

Such as, "怎样您摸当今?" OR "How you feel today?" Trying to say; "How are you today?"

You see, "How you feel today?" in Chinese is "你今天过得好å—?" (literally: you today passed good?) The word order is very very different from English, isn't it? :-D

For learning Chinese, my recommendation is to purchase a well-written textbook, such as this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Chinese-Reader-Textbook-Vol/dp/7561910401
This textbook has a good reputation among my foreign friends (all are English speakers) in Fuzhou who are learning Mandarin Chinese.

And this on-line textbook is also helpful:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Chinese_(Mandarin)

sheshisown said:
America has its own propaganda as well. If you don't mind sharing, what kind of a giant leap is China poised for--- ? è°¢ è°¢ you, for your patience. I will be praying for your China, brother.
Because "He" first loved us ... bonnie

That's right. America does have its own propaganda, and so do all other countries. But since American people enjoy the full freedom (of speech, of press, of everything), they can criticize the governmental propaganda as they please; while in China, we can't, or at least we can't do it publicly.

So, our biggest problem today is that China still doesn't have a well-developed democratic system. But we Chinese Christians should be patient with our government, and ceaselessly pray for them to take efforts to carry out a top-down political reform (not a bloody bottom-up revolution). Once we have democracy, our country will certainly take a giant leap in almost every direction: politics, economy, culture, education, etc.

arthur56k said:
its great to hear that the christian community there is growing, it is really great to hear that

Yes, even during the Cultural Revolution those crazy commies had never been able to eradicate the Christian community. We have, and we will survive every persecution, and someday China will hopefully become the largest Christian nation in the world.

Back