Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

guitars....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

freeway

just a though... does any one else play the Guitar or for that matter any musical instrument... I used to play many years back when I was in my very early 20's... could not afford lesson then, and just could not get past certain parts.. anyway sold my guitar then "STUPID" now after 30 years went to visit family in Calif. and a few of my nephews and a couple brother inlaws where just sitting around and playing... well long story short, came home, its been a year now this june, My son and I went and bought a couple of guitars,,, and its been great... youtube has all the lesson you could ever use... when, my son and I went a purchased the instruments. There where guys.. sitting around and trying out new guitars and some could really play.. So I told my son that in 1 yrs time we would go back and do the same thing..learned the Black crows "she talks to angels" among others.. man it was great. :-D ps. I think my son has pasted though :sad ......jerk! :wink:

rock on with Jesus.......................freeway 8-) 8-)

freeway01 said:
... So I told my son that in 1 yrs time we would go back and do the same thing..learned the Black crows "she talks to angels" among others.. man it was great. :-D ps. I think my son has pasted though :sad ......jerk! :wink:

rock on with Jesus.......................freeway 8-) 8-)
Ahh, everytime I hear that song (and others, of course) I want to pick up my acoustic and play along. I heard it just this morning, but I was on the train, on my way to work. 8-)

I learned to play like a parrot learns to speak... all by ear. Well mostly. In '74 my cousin gave me a basic Beetles songbbook, complete with easy to read chord boxes, which made learning chords very easy.

For anyone wanting to learn chords, try this

http://www.hotfrets.com/ChordFinder.asp

and this

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/

Both are pretty cool. 8-) I like the second one better.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back