Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Half of You May Fall Away

O

Orates

Half of you may fall away when the Antichrist is revealed. Here is how you can keep from falling away.

King James (Interpreted)

2 Thes 2:1 Now we plead with you, fellow Christians, by the 2nd Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together to Him in the 1st Resurrection/Rapture,
2 That you are not soon shaken in mind, or are troubled, neither by a spirit, nor by words, nor by letter as from us, that the Day of Christ- the 2nd Coming, is at hand.
3 Let no false teacher deceive you by any means: for that day will not come, except the Falling Away occurs first, when the man of sin- the Antichrist, is revealed- the son of perdition;
4 Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he sit as a god in the underground excavated temple of God, showing himself that he is a god.
5 Remember when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now you know what keeps these things from happening that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of evil is already at work: only God can prevent these things from happening, until His witholding Hand is taken out of the way.
8 And then the Wicked One- the Antichrist will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will consume with the spirit of His Mouth at His 2nd Coming, when the Antichrist is destroyed with the brightness of Jesus' Coming:
9 This Antichrist's rise to power is after the working of Satan with signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all unrighteous deception in those that perish; because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send so called Christians a strong delusion, that they should believe a lie- that the Antichrist can't be the one because the Rapture has to happen first:
12 That they all might be damned- by taking his Mark- who didn't believe this truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Mat 25:1 The Kingdom of Heaven is like ten virgins- Christians, which took their lamps, and went out to meet the bridegroom- Jesus.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 The ones that were foolish took their lamps, but took no oil- Holy Spirit, with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom delayed, they all slumbered and slept in the Spirit.
6 And at the Midnight Hour there was a cry, "Behold, the Bridegroom comes; go out to meet Him".
7 Then all ten virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said to the wise, Give us some of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, No; if we did there would not be enough for us and you: but instead go to the Churches that sell the Spirit, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom- Jesus came; and those that were ready went up to Him in the Rapture to the Marriage of the Lamb: and the door to Heaven was shut.
11 Afterward the other five virgins came, saying, Lord, Lord, open for us.
12 But Jesus answered and said, Verily I say to you, I do not know you.
13 Watch therefore, for you neither know the day nor the hour of the 2nd Coming of the Son of Man.

Mat 7:21 Not every Christian that says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but only those that do the will of my Father who is in Heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in the Day of Judgment, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your Name? and in Your Name have cast out demons? and in Your Name have done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity (they had committed the unpardonable sin by taking the Mark of the Antichrist).
24 Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, he is a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods- of Tribulation came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it did not fallt: for it was founded upon the Rock.
26 And every one that hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, he is a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Are you a Wise Virgin Bride of Christ who will not be deceived by the lies of the Antichrist?

If you can make this pledge to God and stay true to the end you will be saved!

Oh Jesus,

I believe you have the power as the Risen God to save me from my sins through your sacrifice on the Cross in my place.

I want to be your Wise Virgin Bride with the Oil of your Holy Spirit burning in my lamp. I pledge to You that no matter what the future holds for me, I will never fall away from you- even though it may result in the sacrifice of my life. I promise that I will remain true, stay awake, and help as many others to see the deception ahead. I will never accept a mark of any kind to be able to keep alive, for I know that he who loses his life for your sake will gain it eternally.

I will endure even to the end of the age and will be the Overcomer you are looking for. I make this pledge to You this day- in Your Holy Name.

For those who made this pledge for the first time, you now have the Flame of the Holy Spirit burning inside you. God can trust you to fulfill His plan for you. He promises great things to those who love and obey Him.

Thank you Lord for all the wonders you have done and will do in my life.

Amen

Hi Orates.

I must disagree with your interpretations of the Scriptures.

In 2 Thes, 2:1 you substitute 'fellow Christians' for 'brethren'. If by Christian you mean 'Christ-one',
one who truly is a believer...fine.

You interpret Christ's coming (presence) as the '1st Resurrection Rapture'. The phrase, 'First resurrection,' occurs in Revelation 20:5, and is speaking of the resurrection of the saints, not only those slain during the tribulation, but all those from Israel's past. Daniel speaks of this "former resurrection" as occuring 1335 days after the middle of the seventh week.

The 'rapture' of the church/body of Christ is before the tribulation, for the church/body has a future in the heavenlies, not on the earth. Read Ephesians 1-3 specially.

Verse 3, The Greek manuscripts have 'day of the Lord', not, 'day of Christ.'

Verse 4, You add 'underground excavated' before 'temple' based upon what...just your own idea?

Verse 7, Yes, of course, only God can prevent anything He wants. Why don't you believe that it is the church/body of Christ which, as long as it is in the earth, will detain the unveiling of the man of sin, until our gathering unto Him, as Paul described so clearly in 1 Thes. 4.

Verse 12, substituting 'by taking his Mark' for, "who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteous' is a poor interpretation.

From Matt 25, this parable of the the ten virgins has to do with the coming Messianic kingdom on earth. In this metaphor, they were awaiting the bridegroom prior to the wedding. If, we consider this parable to illustrate a truth, then Christ Jesus has already returned and this will be the wedding of the Lamb and his bride.

The view that we are the 'Bride of Christ' is a beautiful idea, but wrong. Read Paul's letters. We are sons, as to position, 'his body' as to responsibilty and honor. We are heirs of God and joint=heirs with Christ.

We are complete in Him. Are we perfect? No! We are encouraged to walk holy lives to please Him. We might quench the spirit, and grieve the spirit, but he lives within and will never leave in this life.

Bick

Greetings Ya'll,

For not posting a repeat, I stated what I believe & why by submitting quite a bit of Bible Scripture in the "Rapture topic" >> End Times/ Bible Prophecy.

To make it short here,............There is no "rapture". Today's "name it & claim it out of greed 'christians" are no better than the Early Church that suffered under the persecution of the Roman Empire & under the Catholic church during the Inquisition.

In fact The Word of The Almighty God of Israel, when one does not "pick & choose" convenient one verse scriptures which would validate the Generational Teachings of Man,................SPEAKS PLAINLY THAT THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A WHISKING AWAY OF THE SAINTS/ CHURCH / ELECT BEFORE THE TRIBULATION.

Furthermore............when one reads what God Himself has spoken through John alone,.........one could plainly see by reading Rev. 20: & 21: that The Kingdom of Heaven will be coming down here, & not the Church going up to it.

"Underground Temple? I am aware that during the beginning of The Intifada that it is quite possible that the "foundation stones" & several underground rooms were found, yet the Palestinian Authority objected to any further excavation, & of course the government of Israel collapsed like a wet paper bag over this issue,..........The Third Temple will be rebuilt upon it's original site, & it will be built with the same extravagance as the last two, not underground, nor hidden.

An immense treasure of knowledge lies in the True identity of who Israel is, for not all Israelites are Jews!

Shalom

Shalom

First we will go to heaven for three and one half years to have the marage supper of the lamb, then we will rule with Christ for a thousand years, then Heaven will come down to earth and God will dwell among men.

Captain Sarcastic said:
Only half? How about 52%? Maybe 53%? :halo

A book I recently read "How to Ruin Your Life By 40" states that its more like 1 in 10 headstrong Christians will falter by 40. Billy Graham had 11 others that were just as devoted but today no one knows who they are, one by one they let Satan creep into their lives. The author of this book first heard of the 1 in 10 statistic when he was a 20 something and it shocked him. When he heard of this in his 20s, he took the names of 23 of his closest friends, bretheren, and accountabilty partners and wrote them in the back of his Bible. As he went through life he had to randomly put a line through one of their names. At the age of 40 something only 3 names were left unaltered. It a shocking statistic. Looking back to my teen years (Im 25 now), i had 4 great accountablity partners, we were the only teens in the church, we all teetered around 17 years old. Today, Im not proud of it but I walked away from the Lord and my name would have been crossed off. Bob* married young and moved across the country to California to be yoked with a non believer. Jason* still shows up to church once in a while but is a clubber now. John* stopped going to church completely and his parents followed him. I am trying to get closer to Him but my name would have been marked off the list at the age of 18, when I moved out with a girlfriend to live in sin.

Rayden said:
I am trying to get closer to Him but my name would have been marked off the list at the age of 18, when I moved out with a girlfriend to live in sin.

Dear rayden,

Nice to meet you. I hope you don't mind me responding to your post.

Are you serious about getting closer to Jesus? You can and you are not marked off from anything. You will be marked off if you don't change your lifestyle until you die. But it will be harder and harder to change as you get older. You are still so young. I pray that you won't abondon Jesus such an early age. Following Jesus is not fun if you enjoy this world. But it is the most meaningful thing in our lives to live for Him. Jesus says if you love this world more than Me, you are not worthy of Me. Worldy success and pleasure become meaningless once you start serve Jesus with all your heart, soul, strenghh and mind.

I have four adult children and three of them are committed ones. They haven't abondon Jesus, and their faith for Him is even getting storonger as years goes by. You will not know the joy and peace of following Him unless you live for Him and serve Him with all your might.

You can PM me if you have any questions about your servanthood or anything else you have in mind.

May God bless you abundantly with truthful christianity.

love, shad :)

shad said:
Rayden said:
I am trying to get closer to Him but my name would have been marked off the list at the age of 18, when I moved out with a girlfriend to live in sin.

Dear rayden,

Nice to meet you. I hope you don't mind me to responding to your post.

Are you serious about getting closer to Jesus? You can and you are not marked off from anything. You will be marked off if you don't change your lifestyle until you die. But it will be harder and harder to change as you get older. You are still so young. I pray that you won't abondon Jesus such an early age. Following Jesus is not fun if you enjoy this world. But it is the most meaningful thing in our lives to live for Him. Jesus says if you love this world more than Me, you are not worthy of Me. Worldy success and pleasure become meaningless once you start serve Jesus with all your heart, soul, strenghh and mind.

I have four adult children and three of them are committed ones. They haven't abondon Jesus, and their faith for Him is even getting storonger as years goes by. You will not know the joy and peace of following Him unless you live for Him and serve Him with all your might.

You can PM me if you have any questions about your servanthood or anything else you have in mind.

May God bless you abundantly with truthful christianity.

love, shad :)

I'm sorry, but the one who is presently lost in sin has been marked out of the book of life. Leading one to the truth cannot start with a lie, no matter how loving and PC the lie sounds. You are right that he can be written in again by repenting, turning from his wicked ways, and following the ways of God (Eze,3:17-21; 18:20-24; 33:12-13), but no one in sin is written in the book of life. The sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Cor.6:9-10; Gal.5:19-21; Eph.5:3-7). Ex.32:33 - "And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book."

Not to turn this in to a debate. lol i think i may have worded it a little wrong. I walked away from Jesus at 18. Jesus never walked away from me. Once I gave my life to Christ, he no longer refers to me as a sinner. No man can pluck me out of His hand which is covered by the Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus Christ. I dont believe I have lost my salvation by any means. I just walked away. I am growing again as of recently and know I was but a sheep wondered astray but my shepard did not depart me. Thank you Shad!

Rayden said:
Not to turn this in to a debate. lol i think i may have worded it a little wrong. I walked away from Jesus at 18. Jesus never walked away from me. Once I gave my life to Christ, he no longer refers to me as a sinner. No man can pluck me out of His hand which is covered by the Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus Christ. I dont believe I have lost my salvation by any means. I just walked away. I am growing again as of recently and know I was but a sheep wondered astray but my shepard did not depart me. Thank you Shad!

I am glad you came back to your Shepard. I pray that you chrish His teachings and warnings and run the race to win the crown so your Shepard will say to you "good and faithful servant!". :)

shad said:
Rayden said:

I am glad you came back to your Shepard. I pray that you chrish His teachings and warnings and run the race to win the crown so your Shepard will say to you "good and faithful servant!". :)

I am very glad you are coming back to Christ. Right, this subject belongs in the eternal security thread if continued, but since it is subjected with falling away, I don't know.... I just want you to know that you are to continue to run, SO THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN...not that you already have obtained (1 Cor.9:24-27). Rev.3:11 - "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown." Jesus' words are worthless to the ones who follow Him if this were an impossibilty. I know you are secure that you could be sexually immoral and still inherit the kingdom of God, but that goes against the warnings to the churches (Rom.1:29-32; 1 Cor.6:9-10; Gal.5:19-21; Eph.5:3-7).

Even though I think I'm still on subject, I would rather talk about this in the Apologetics forum in the Eternal Security thread...if any want to retort..... just warning you though, not trying to be mean by using the Word of God.

Orates said:
Half of you may fall away when the Antichrist is revealed. Here is how you can keep from falling away.

None who are truly born again, that is are regenerated from above by God, fall away, for God Preserves the Saints from beginning to end.

Secondly, the antichrist has already been revealed in the popes of Rome.

Saint_Iguanas said:
Orates said:

None who are truly born again, that is are regenerated from above by God, fall away, for God Preserves the Saints from beginning to end.

Couldn't agree more. :shades Seems like the OP's been reading too much LaHeye and Jenkins IMO. :halo

Saint_Iguanas said:
Orates said:

Couldn't disagree more! Christ preserves those who are faithful and meet His conditions, they are in Christ, those who fall away are in sin. The Antichrist has not come on the seen yet...not revealed (2 Thes.2:7).

So we have to add works to grace to make it to heaven? We were saved "unto" good works...not by them (Ephesians 2:8-10). :halo If it's grace + works, Galatians 5 tells us we're no longer relying on grace to enter heaven. Which is another gospel (Gal. 1:6-8). :verysad

Captain Sarcastic said:
So we have to add works to grace to make it to heaven? We were saved "unto" good works...not by them (Ephesians 2:8-10). :halo If it's grace + works, Galatians 5 tells us we're no longer relying on grace to enter heaven. Which is another gospel (Gal. 1:6-8). :verysad
YES...That is what the Bible says.
JAMES 2
14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Seems Jesus even told us that our works can condemn us (Rev.2-3)
You confuse going back to works of the Mosaic Law in order to justify for works of righteousness that keep us in the Spirit and away from the works of the flesh (Gal.5:19-21; 6:7-8). This was the entire theme of Galatians.

Galatians 5
19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Any Christian that does these works is condemned by the penalty of sin, which is spiritual death (Gen.2:17; Eze.18:4, 20-24; Rom.6:16-23; 8:1-13; 1 Cor.6:9-10; Eph.5:3-7; Jas.1:15; 1 Jn.3:4; etc.)

Galatians 6
7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Back