Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hard question

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

t4r4ntul4

The Bible says "do not designate that which is unholy as holy" or something like that. So is it ok to say "holy crap"? Just typing it makes me feel bad, but is it really a sin?

Because obviously I'm not saying that crap is holy, you know what I mean? It is a pathetic vernacular expression.

I don't say things like that. But I am frequently tempted to. Is it ok?

Jesus is real, y'all.

Peace

T4r4ntul4

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually it's an expression suggesting some form of incredibility (sp?). The phrase is meant to be ironic, something like "well that was as unexpected as poop being holy".
That's the impression I get, anyway.

I see it as just an expression.

But if you don't think you should use it or are not sure, then don't.

There was a successful jeweler with a chain of stores who was recorded as describing his products as c** and he was forced out of the business by hsi fellow directors, because they couldn't live it down, apparently and they thought it would be bad for business....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back