Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Healings during Holy Communion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Tina

In my Anglican Church and many other churches (including Non-denominational churches) where I live, healings of our physical bodies have been reported to have taken place during holy communion.

This isn't a healing service and we do not pray for healing at all. For example, a friend recently told us that she felt unwell and oppressed when she arrived for home church fellowship, but during holy communion of bread and wine when our church leader prayed from the passage of the Lord's Supper in 1 Corinthians 11, she immediately felt a strong presence of the Lord and there and then the sickness and oppression completely left her ! How awesome !! ... :clap :thumbsup

Is this supposed to be a norm or exception ? Since the Bible does not mention healings will take place during holy communion, I am guessing this is an exception, but even then does it happen in your churches where you live ?

:chin

I'm not sure if it happens at my church. Certainly I feel the Lord's presence more so a church during times like that than say in my typical week, but I don't think I've ever been 'healed' in the sense you're talking about. Occasionally I've come home from church perhaps with my blocked nose better, but I"m not sure how to take that. :shrug

I'd say definately that the healing thing you're talking about is an exception - for it to be the norm it would have to be happeing to many people reguarly.

I grew up Catholic and I never heard of this. Does not mean it does not happen, I just figured after 18 years of church I would have heard something about it. But it is a big world.

I am not Catholic anymore and now I look at communion as a re-enacting of the last supper. An important event to be sure, but so was the birth of Jesus and His Resurrection. Yet we only celebrate Christmas and Easter once a year and not every Sunday.

Seems people need communion to constantly prove they believe in Jesus. But who are they trying to prove it to? Jesus already knows what is in their hearts.

I am not knocking communion, I just look at it differently. But if other Christians think highly of it and feel that healing is one of the benefits, more power to them. You can never have enough faith.

In my Anglican Church and many other churches (including Non-denominational churches) where I live, healings of our physical bodies have been reported to have taken place during holy communion.

This isn't a healing service and we do not pray for healing at all. For example, a friend recently told us that she felt unwell and oppressed when she arrived for home church fellowship, but during holy communion of bread and wine when our church leader prayed from the passage of the Lord's Supper in 1 Corinthians 11, she immediately felt a strong presence of the Lord and there and then the sickness and oppression completely left her ! How awesome !! ... :clap :thumbsup

Is this supposed to be a norm or exception ? Since the Bible does not mention healings will take place during holy communion, I am guessing this is an exception, but even then does it happen in your churches where you live ?

:chin

Not exactly healing, but relevant:

1 Cor 11
27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.

In line with the post above, my belief, Tina, is that a spiritual healing took place, which is not uncommon at all when the Lord is present in our lives.

It sounds as though any physical ailments your friend was suffering, may have been the result of her oppressed. Remove psychological issues like oppression and depression and the body can respond in "miraculous" ways.

All glory the the Great Physician who is not only to heal our bodies but our very spirit also! :nod

Back