Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Hebrew Names Connected to Jehovah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Very well. You have both managed to quoted to same verse in which you reference the temptation in the wildness, in which the devil said to Jesus if you will fall down and worship me. The devil tried to get Jesus to worship him, but Jesus would not.

edited violation of TOS
7) Do not post opinions of another member's claim of Christian faith. (ToS 2.4)
Publicly judging someone as not being a Christian and/or not following Christ unless they themselves claim not be a Christian is disallowed. That's between them and the Lord. This includes judgments against collective beliefs or groups in general. reba

I understand the Scriptures to point out the first and original sin was PRIDE. Satan was the first, (Ezek. 28: 11-19; Isa: 14: 12-17), and then Adam and Eve (Gen, 3:6). Look at the crafty way Satan uses Eve. First he tempts her, "ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden," which puts here mind into singling out the one forbidden tree. Then she adds something that God did not say, "neither shall we touch it,". Then Satan makes God out a liar, even as he does today, ("ye shall not surely die") and this time makes God out to be a tyrant. and prideful.. That God knows you will know what He know and you too will be god's. This was not to be above God but equal with God.(Gen. 3: 1-6) (1 John 2: 15-17). He is like a ravenous Lion. He is ciaos not order. Now, in the visible church, Satan has caused the TARES to usurp Christ authority and cause a division of what is suppose to be an equal brotherhood into a clergy and a laity.(Rev. 2: 1-17) Making themselves to be worshiped by the people.

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Very well. You have both managed to quoted to same verse in which you reference the temptation in the wildness, in which the devil said to Jesus if you will fall down and worship me. The devil tried to get Jesus to worship him, but Jesus would not.

edited violation of TOS
7) Do not post opinions of another member's claim of Christian faith. (ToS 2.4)
Publicly judging someone as not being a Christian and/or not following Christ unless they themselves claim not be a Christian is disallowed. That's between them and the Lord. This includes judgments against collective beliefs or groups in general. reba

ez, We are not Jesus, But we are part of Him if we have been born again. Then we can say as Paul said, "It is not I, But Christ in me."

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Hi ez or reba, Was this violation meant for me? I do not remember saying some one was not a Christian?

In Christ
Douglas Summers
A couple off topic things i will interject into this thread because you are new around here :)
the edit was meant for the post the edit appeared in.. Post # 37...
Not always but i do try to remember to sign my edits (most of us mods do)
See the word edit then the segment of the TOS then reba . . . .Most often the edits i issue are in dark pink ...
every thing a mod does is recorded in a mod log...

Members have a limited amount of time to edit their own posts ... Mods can edit all the time.. The system keeps a history of the posting edits...

Hope this gives ya some understanding... :)

A couple off topic things i will interject into this thread because you are new around here :)
the edit was meant for the post the edit appeared in.. Post # 37...
Not always but i do try to remember to sign my edits (most of us mods do)
See the word edit then the segment of the TOS then reba . . . .Most often the edits i issue are in dark pink ...
every thing a mod does is recorded in a mod log...

Members have a limited amount of time to edit their own posts ... Mods can edit all the time.. The system keeps a history of the posting edits...

Hope this gives ya some understanding... :)

Thanks reba.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. KJV
This verse does not say the Father gave the Son His name. What distorted translation are you using?

11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. John 17:11 NIV

John 17:11

YHWH was speaking through the mouth of Zechariah, when He described the suffering He would endure on the cross.

10 "And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zechariah 12:10 KJV

The scriptures teach us that it was the Spirit of Christ in the old testament prophets that foretold of the suffering of Himself during His time on earth.

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.1 Peter 1:10-11

The question I have for you is; Do you confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty YHWH?

JLB

11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. John 17:11 NIV

Ah! The NIV! That explains the distorted translation. Please provide a Greek text that includes the words translated "the name you gave me".

The question I have for you is; Do you confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty YHWH?
JLB

Absolutely not! I confess that Yeshua Messiah is NOT Yahweh (YHWH) Elohim Almighty (Most Powerful God), but that he is the SON of YHWH, (the Son of the Most Powerful God).

Ah! The NIV! That explains the distorted translation. Please provide a Greek text that includes the words translated "the name you gave me".

Absolutely not! I confess that Yeshua Messiah is NOT Yahweh (YHWH) Elohim Almighty (Most Powerful God), but that he is the SON of YHWH, (the Son of the Most Powerful God).

The following scripture is posted using the King James Version. A version of the bible you yourself also use when posting.

So there is no excuse from you about this version of the bible.

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zechariah 12:10 KJV

Here YHWH the Lord God is speaking through Zechariah, referring to the suffering He would endure on the cross.

The scriptures teach us that it was the Spirit of Christ in the old testament prophets that foretold of the suffering of Himself during His time on earth.

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.1 Peter 1:10-11

YHWH the Lord God, speaks through Zechariah and refers to "Himself" as being pierced, and being looked upon.

Did God the Father become flesh and was pierced? Is that your claim?

The scriptures teach us our Savior and God is Jesus Christ.

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

Paul says clearly that to be saved, we must confess Jesus as Lord.

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

There is one Lord and Savior and He is God; Jesus

"Yet I am the Lord your God Ever since the land of Egypt, And you shall know no God but Me; For there is no Savior besides Me.
Hosea 13:4

You shall drink the milk of the Gentiles, And milk the breast of kings; You shall know that I, the Lord, am your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. Isaiah 60:16

The Muslims say Jesus was just a man.
The Jews say Jesus was just a man.

The scriptures say to be saved, a person must confess with their mouth Jesus as Lord.

How can the Spirit of Christ be in all those old testament prophets, and speak forth as YHWH, if He is not God.

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

Our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, is God manifested in the flesh.

JLB

First answer my request, then perhaps, if Reba allows it, I will reply to your post although it will derail this thread far more than you have already derailed it by turning it into a deity of Messiah issue.

Please provide a Greek text that includes the words translated "the name you gave me".

First answer my request, then perhaps, if Reba allows it, I will reply to your post although it will derail this thread far more than you have already derailed it by turning it into a deity of Messiah issue.

Please provide a Greek text that includes the words translated "the name you gave me".

Do you speak and understand Greek when it is spoken or written?

Please post your credentials that qualifies you to over rule what an accepted version of the bible proclaims.

11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one. John 17:11 NIV

Why wouldn't God the Father give His Name to His only begotten Son?

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

Here YHWH the Lord God is speaking through Zechariah, referring to the suffering He would endure on the cross.

YHWH the Lord God, speaks through Zechariah and refers to "Himself" as being pierced, and being looked upon.

Based on these scriptures, [KJV] do you believe Jesus Christ is the Lord God, the Creator of all things in heaven and on earth?

JLB

Do you speak and understand Greek when it is spoken or written?

Please post your credentials that qualifies you to over rule what an accepted version of the bible proclaims.

11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one. John 17:11 NIV

One does not need credentials when we have Greek interlinears that prove the NIV is wrong.

John 17:11 καιG2532 AND ουκG3756 NO ετιG2089 LONGER ειμιG1510 [G5748] I AM ενG1722 IN τωG3588 THE κοσμωG2889 WORLD, καιG2532 AND ουτοιG3778 THESE ενG1722 IN τωG3588 THE κοσμωG2889 WORLD εισινG1526 [G5748] ARE, καιG2532 AND εγωG1473 I προςG4314 TO σεG4571 THEE ερχομαιG2064 [G5736] COME. πατερG3962 FATHER αγιεG40 HOLY, τηρησονG5083 [G5657] KEEP αυτουςG846 THEM ενG1722 τωG3588 IN ονοματιG3686 σουG4675 THY NAME ουςG3739 WHOM δεδωκαςG1325 [G5758] THOU HAST GIVEN μοιG3427 ME, ιναG2443 THAT ωσινG5600 [G5753] THEY MAY BE ενG1520 ONE, καθωςG2531 AS ημειςG2249 WE.​

The word in bold means "name". Do you see that word used twice in the Greek text? No. Then why does the NIV use the word "name" twice in their translation?

Do you see the Greek word for "power" in this text (dunamis or exousia) as in John 17:2 or Acts 1:8:

John 17:2 καθωςG2531 AS εδωκαςG1325 [G5656] THOU GAVEST αυτωG846 HIM εξουσιανG1849 AUTHORITY πασηςG3956 OVER ALL σαρκοςG4561 FLESH, ιναG2443 THAT "OF" πανG3956 ALL οG3739 WHICH δεδωκαςG1325 [G5758] THOU HAST GIVEN αυτωG846 HIM, δωσηG1325 [G5661] HE SHOULD GIVE αυτοιςG846 TO THEM ζωηνG2222 LIFE αιωνιονG166 ETERNAL.

Act 1:8 αλλαG235 BUT ληψεσθεG2983 [G5695] YE WILL RECEIVE δυναμινG1411 POWER, επελθοντοςG1904 [G5631] HAVING COME τουG3588 THE αγιουG40 HOLY πνευματοςG4151 SPIRIT εφG1909 UPON υμαςG5209 YOU, καιG2532 AND εσεσθεG2071 [G5704] YE SHALL BE μοιG3427 TO ME μαρτυρεςG3144 WITNESSES ενG1722 IN τεG5037 BOTH ιερουσαλημG2419 JERUSALEM καιG2532 AND ενG1722 IN πασηG3956 τηG3588 ALL ιουδαιαG2449 JUDEA καιG2532 AND σαμαρειαG4540 SAMARIA καιG2532 AND εωςG2193 TO "THE" εσχατουG2078 UTTERMOST PART τηςG3588 OF γηςG1093 THE EARTH.​

Show me a Greek text containing the added words in the NIV.

Hi jocor, The Sun is the sole source of all physical and material existence upon the earth. Without it, noting would exist. From the Sun the rays travel to the earth. And from the rays of the Sun comes the warmth or radiation that causes photosynthesis. Without the Sun the rays and the radiation that it produces would not exist. Yet, it is one source that produces the other two, It is the Sun (singular).
This is how I understand YHWH, He is one and His name is, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28: 16-20)

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Hi jocor, The Sun is the sole source of all physical and material existence upon the earth. Without it, noting would exist. From the Sun the rays travel to the earth. And from the rays of the Sun comes the warmth or radiation that causes photosynthesis. Without the Sun the rays and the radiation that it produces would not exist. Yet, it is one source that produces the other two, It is the Sun (singular).
This is how I understand YHWH, He is one and His name is, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28: 16-20)

In Christ
Douglas Summers

If I am understanding you correctly, you reject the "three persons" of the trinity in favor of there being only one person? I agree that the Father (YHWH) brought forth the Son (Yeshua, a totally separate being) through the power of His Holy Spirit.

If I am understanding you correctly, you reject the "three persons" of the trinity in favor of there being only one person? I agree that the Father (YHWH) brought forth the Son (Yeshua, a totally separate being) through the power of His Holy Spirit.

No, they are three, but they are one in purpose and agreement.. (Let us make man in our image, after our likeness ......Gen.1:26 plural ). So YHWH made man in His own image , in the image of YHWH created he him...........(.Gen. 1:28 singular). I was trying to give some kind of an example of the unity of being one, yet three. I believe the creation and all the OT visits and works were by and for The Christ before His incarnation. (John 1: 1-5) That is why we baptize in all three names, Because that is YWHW name (Matt. 28:19) for they are the exact representation of The Father. (Heb. 1: 1-3)

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back