Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Hebrews 13:2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

23Psalm

"Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!"

I'm intrigued by this verse because something unique happened to me at my grandpop's funeral this past Saturday. Before I was to give my speech reflecting on grandpop's life, there was a stranger that walked into the church and sat in the front row with the family members. This man was clearly out of place. He looked homeless, wore an old trench coat and had on mismatched shoes. However, he was quiet, a man of peace and he listened. When it was my time to speak about grandpop, I commented on how I admired him being a man of great faith, having a solid and consistent prayer life and a man after God's own heart. While speaking about my grandpop, the stranger shouted, Amen! Praise God! etc. I will admit that it got me excited as I felt like I was giving a mini sermon. lol. Anyway, once I was finished, the stranger got up and walked out and literally disappeared in thin air. Was he an angel? Was he sent by God to hear my speech? I will admit that prior to me getting up to speak about grandpop, my thoughts were in warfare. Should I bring a biblical perspective to these people who clearly don't know Christ? Would I offend my Muslim brother? Should I not quote, "a man after God's own heart?" When I walked up to the podium, I said screw it and went the way the Spirit led me. Your thoughts?

"Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!"

I'm intrigued by this verse because something unique happened to me at my grandpop's funeral this past Saturday. Before I was to give my speech reflecting on grandpop's life, there was a stranger that walked into the church and sat in the front row with the family members. This man was clearly out of place. He looked homeless, wore an old trench coat and had on mismatched shoes. However, he was quiet, a man of peace and he listened. When it was my time to speak about grandpop, I commented on how I admired him being a man of great faith, having a solid and consistent prayer life and a man after God's own heart. While speaking about my grandpop, the stranger shouted, Amen! Praise God! etc. I will admit that it got me excited as I felt like I was giving a mini sermon. lol. Anyway, once I was finished, the stranger got up and walked out and literally disappeared in thin air. Was he an angel? Was he sent by God to hear my speech? I will admit that prior to me getting up to speak about grandpop, my thoughts were in warfare. Should I bring a biblical perspective to these people who clearly don't know Christ? Would I offend my Muslim brother? Should I not quote, "a man after God's own heart?" When I walked up to the podium, I said screw it and went the way the Spirit led me. Your thoughts?

Amen! Not only do we show hospitality to angels without even knowing it, as stated in Heb 13:2, but in Hebrews 1:14, it says; Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Sounds to me like this was a ministering angel. I could tell all kinds of stories but it's your OP.
Praise God for His angels. :angel

Amen! Not only do we show hospitality to angels without even knowing it, as stated in Heb 13:2, but in Hebrews 1:14, it says; Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Sounds to me like this was a ministering angel. I could tell all kinds of stories but it's your OP.
Praise God for His angels. :angel

Please share. I'm curious to know.

Please share. I'm curious to know.

Years ago when my wife was much younger, her parents ran a group home. They had a big tall kid there who they found out years later was a rapist. When her father found out he went to visit this kid in jail and told him he was greatfull he had never attacked any of his daughters. The kid said he had once tried late at night but when he got to their bedroom there was a huge tall white guy standing at the door so he ran away. That guy was an angel.

Here's a few stories from Billy Graham's book, Angels;
Years ago, I had a demonic angel confront me and my friends on the street when we were at a Dairy Queen. We turned away to talk to each other and when we looked back, he was gone! We looked all over.

Thanks for sharing this and that passage. It was very deep. I can imagine the look in that kid's eye wanting to go into the bedroom but only to see a large figure blocking him. I think that would make anyone afraid.

As a teenager (before I was saved), I can recall driving somewhere to do immoral things a small person dressed in black sitting in the passenger seat next to me. He wore a baseball cap backwards and he would just stare at me while I drove. I never thought anything of it then, but when I got saved and learned about angels and demons, I realized that it was a demonic spirit with me. I can recall when I first got saved in college. Sitting in my dorm room reading Revelations, there was a knock at my door. The dorm was empty that weekend, so I thought it was bizarre. Anyway, when I got up to answer the door, I could see the feet of a black being under the crack of the door. I froze afraid and being a baby in Christ I knew it was a demon trying to prevent me from walking with Christ.

I sometimes wonder if the man bearing a pitcher of water in Luke 22, when the disciples went to prepare the upper room, was actually an angel. There is a transition between the dispensations in view, from the old economy to the new, around what was happening at the time of the the institution of the Lord's Supper.

The Lord undoubtedly uses means in His purposes. But it's hard to be dogmatic, because we shouldn't be taken up with the means that God may choose to use at the expense of looking to the Lord Himself.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back