Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hello Everyone :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

lithiumkat

My name is Sarah. I live in Missouri, USA. I've had my back turned on God for over 10 years now and have only recently started to find my faith. But it is a struggle for me, I have to try and overcome lingering doubts, I've recently been informed that those doubts are planted by Satan, which makes since as he's probably not trying to see me find my way out of his clutches. I was hoping for any tips or advice on trying to strengthen my faith and help to dispel any lingering doubts. I've been reading the Bible, going to church, trying to pray at least once a day if not more and listening to a lot of Christian music. I've also been trying to make positive changes in my life and try to be a better person and try to live more like Jesus and act like one of Gods children in this world. Feel free to ask me any questions and I hope you will encourage me on my journey back to God's Kingdom. Praise God!

Hi Sarah

I am truly encouraged by your decision to return back to God.:)

As Christians, you put your faith in God and trust that He will not let you down. How would you know? :chin

Simply, He backed it with his written Word which cannot be altered. Therefore, your faith rests in his Word. It means that you accept what His Word (The Bible) says concerning your Salvation, your redemption or your forgiveness. You can't go beyond God's Word and anything out His Word is no longer faith.

And have fun living that Christian life! Be joyful, sing songs to God and celebrate His goodness with God's people.

hey! I'm relatively new to Christianity, so I can't offer expert advice, but I'll share what's helped me. 1) Get out fellowship 2) Enjoy this forum! Honestly, this place has been great for me and lots of other people 3) Accept your doubts and work past them. "If you resist the Devil, he will flee from you." I've personally found that the best form of resistance is to actively engage in the Christian life 4) Read, read, read...and read. There are so many great Christian authors out there. C.S. Lewis, R.C. Sproul, that guy who wrote The Pilgrim's Progress...fill your mind with great Christian writings from today and yesteryear.

I hope to see more posts from you elsewhere on the forums. Welcome to Christian Forums!

Hello Sarah. I myself am coming back to God after a period of backsliding, during which I professed faith but was less and less obedient (an understatement). Perhaps I never really had much of a faith at all, I was certainly not much of a disciple.

I find that I am facing many doubts as well. I don't know the nature of your doubts, but for me it is the fear of whether or not God will truly take me back. I also suspect that these doubts and fears are from Satan, who is likely infuriated that I left him for God. Satan doesn't like it when we do these kinds of things.

Christ Empowered makes a good point, especially about John Bunyan (The guy who wrote the Pilgrim's Progress). He has a great message on returning after backsliding, which is very encouraging. Here's a link: The Returning Backslider. There are lots of other articles online giving encouragement to a Christian returning to Christ as well.

Anyway, I just want you to know you aren't alone here.

Hi Sarah,

Always think of the prodical son. Your saviour didn't sacrifice His life just so you can be lost. If King David could murder the husband of the woman he seduced, and committed adultery with, there should be no doubt in your heart, (you believe with your heart; not your mind) that your salvation is complete. He started the work and He will finish it. All you have to do is believe in the finished work which He began.

Many come to the Lord because they don't want to burn in the Lake of Fire. The fact is that the reason should be that we love Jesus with all our heart; but the problem is we are so indoctrinated by the things of the world and it's ways by the time we get to call out to Him, we're not thinking properly. In addition, we are not
born with a natural love for God... It is something which He provides but HE WANTS YOU TO ASK FOR IT. MOST IMPORTANT, "HE PROMISED... JOHN 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

Satan is a liar and a deceiver and never rests. Don't believe him. You have two dogs fighting over you. One white, (The Holy Spirit) and the other black, (the devil and his demons). The one you feed the most will win. You're in a war my dear... with many battles to overcome unto the end so hearken to what Paul says... "EPHESIANS 6:11-13 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. "

You'll find the balance... only believe... Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. MARK 9:23

I hope that helps.
Bernard

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back