Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello, I am new here.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ProdigalSon

Hello, I am new here to the forums. I have been in and out of Christianity all my life. I can't keep the faith. My family sure does though they believe with all their hearts. My brother, father, and grandmother hold tightly to their beliefs no matter what happens. That keeps me convicted to continue trying to believe. Right now, I identify as Christian. I decided last night to try it again. Hopefully, this time I will remain a Christian for the rest of my life. I have been identifying as an atheist for the past few months. I have a history of mental illness, but it seems to have improved with age. Now that I am in my 30s, other than a bad case of anxiety, I'm fine. I am starting college this month. My major is Psychology, and my minor is religious studies. I will take
Biology 100 and 101 and World Religions this summer. I am looking forward to interacting with you here on the forums. :)

Wow... that college plan looks like a sure fire way to become an Atheist again.
Not a lot of those classes would be taught with a Christian perspective.
So every class would be a challenge to your faith.
Good luck.

Hi @ProdgalSon
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us.
I was wondering what you want to do when you have finished theses studies. What are you planning to do with thesis? I think you have picked twice interesting subjects.

It is good you have a Christian family and lovely that you have returned to your belief. Keep in touch with Jesus by talking to him and your faith will grow stronger and stronger.
Nice to meet you and God Bless You

Hello, I am new here to the forums. I have been in and out of Christianity all my life. I can't keep the faith. My family sure does though they believe with all their hearts. My brother, father, and grandmother hold tightly to their beliefs no matter what happens. That keeps me convicted to continue trying to believe. Right now, I identify as Christian. I decided last night to try it again. Hopefully, this time I will remain a Christian for the rest of my life. I have been identifying as an atheist for the past few months. I have a history of mental illness, but it seems to have improved with age. Now that I am in my 30s, other than a bad case of anxiety, I'm fine. I am starting college this month. My major is Psychology, and my minor is religious studies. I will take
Biology 100 and 101 and World Religions this summer. I am looking forward to interacting with you here on the forums. :)
Hello, ProdigalSon and welcome to the forum. Our stories are similar. I look forward to discussing topics with you.

Hi @ProdgalSon
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us.
I was wondering what you want to do when you have finished theses studies. What are you planning to do with thesis? I think you have picked twice interesting subjects.

It is good you have a Christian family and lovely that you have returned to your belief. Keep in touch with Jesus by talking to him and your faith will grow stronger and stronger.
Nice to meet you and God Bless You
When I finish my studies I don't have any definite plans. What will most likely happen is I will try to start a nonprofit of some sort. I'm also open to working in a drug treatment center. I'm most likely just going to have to go into business for myself though. Thesis I'm not sure I haven't even had my first day of class yet and I'm sure a lot will change between now and then. But as of right now my idea for a thesis is something to do with ending or curing addiction. I've come up with this idea that something called "artificial sobriety" could end or cure addiction. Now really ideally speaking "Artificial sobriety" would be pharmaceutical that when take can sober you up from any form of intoxication. It might also lead to breakthroughs in other disorders that cause people to make poor decisions. But since I'm not taking a class that has to do with pharmaceuticals I've come up with this idea of "Psychological Prosthetics" using technology to help you make the same or better decisions as you would sober but while your inotoxicated so your in essence "artificially sober"
but like I said I haven't even attended my first class yet and these are just ideas floating around in my head. But so far that's what I've come up with. :) thanks for asking :)

Be careful what you decide on Prodigal Son. I hope everything works out well for you. Stay with us. I will be praying for you.
God Bless

Howdy Prodigal, welcome to the forum sir. I hope you find answers to your questions, and am willing to help you in your search if I am able.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back