Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hello everybody,

I am new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Philip, I am married, have six kids and live in a small community in rural Manitoba.

As I am a Catholic, I do have one question.... can someone clarify this rule for me: 'Do not start new topics elsewhere or sway existing threads toward a discussion or debate that is Catholic in nature.'

Does this mean theological topics/comments from a Catholic point of view cannot be discussed? I am not sure what you mean by a discussion that is 'Catholic in nature'.

Peace!
PJ

Our Terms of Service rules (ToS) - Discussion of Catholic doctrine will be allowed in the One on One Debate Forum and End Times forum only. RCC content in the End Times forum should relate to End Times beliefs. Do not start new topics elsewhere or sway existing threads toward a discussion or debate that is Catholic in nature.

Hi Philip and welcome to CF.net. :wave
On the "End Times" forum we have instructions concerning RCC discussion just above the main body of threads posted there and it reads:

RCC topics in this Forum Must somehow relate to a person's End Times belief and how the RCC fits into said belief.
http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=34183

It is evident that many things concerning the end times in Revelation are relevant to Catholic and Protestant doctrine or dogma. E.g., God the Father, Christ as King of kings, heaven and hell, etc. I am ex Catholic and also know there is Catholic end time's dogma exclusive to Catholicism: purgatory, etc. that will not be allowed.

Also Catholic debate may be had in our Apologetics & Theology 1 on 1 debate sub forum. Rules on what we call a "Sticky" above the forum reads:

http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=12647

1 on 1 debates must be arranged via PM's before the thread is started.

To clarify even further, this is how they should be arranged:

• Two members should agree that they will engage in a debate.
• The scope of their debate needs to be agreed upon between the two of them.
• One of the two members should PM an admin, explaining the first two points. We suggest including the other member in the PM.
Do not start a thread in the 1-on-1 Debate Forum by issuing an open challenge to whomever is willing to accept it.

The reason we have these measures in place is to ensure that at least one of the members is a Christian rooted in scripture. We can't have two members in an uninterrupted discussion if they both generally hold to a doctrine at odds with the core tenets of our faith. For example: both are agnostics/atheists, both reject the Divinity of Christ.

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for the response. I am seeking clarification because I wish to abide by your rules in this matter. And I am sorry but I am still unsure what you mean by 'catholic in nature'. For example a discussion on the trinity could be considered 'catholic' as could a discussion on the efficacy of baptism.

I will say that I mean to be most respectful in any posts I do make, and that if I inadvertently cross the line regarding 'catholic in nature' I hope that it will be further clarified for me.

Peace!
PJ

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for the response. I am seeking clarification because I wish to abide by your rules in this matter. And I am sorry but I am still unsure what you mean by 'catholic in nature'. For example a discussion on the trinity could be considered 'catholic' as could a discussion on the efficacy of baptism.

I will say that I mean to be most respectful in any posts I do make, and that if I inadvertently cross the line regarding 'catholic in nature' I hope that it will be further clarified for me.

Peace!
PJ
Hi again Philip, and I appreciate your attitude. I reckon, though others might add to this, but if something is quoted from our bibles other than Apocrypha, and not the subject of exclusive RCC Church tradition it should fly. We have so many things such as the trinity, our salvation, our hope in Christ, etc we can discuss. I know it's hard to see why some things are not open for discussion if you've not been made aware of them before, but there are differences also. I hope you'll stick around and learn with us, and I think we'll do you good. ;)

Hi Philip, how are you doing? good to see you here; God bless His Word to you. The point is, meeting the Savior of sinners, the Lord Jesus, Who died at the Cross and paid the penalty for sin entirely; He is the central theme of the Scriptures.

Hi Philip, how are you doing? good to see you here; God bless His Word to you. The point is, meeting the Savior of sinners, the Lord Jesus, Who died at the Cross and paid the penalty for sin entirely; He is the central theme of the Scriptures.

Hello farouk!

I am doing well thank you. And may God bless you and fill you with His Love!

Absolutely, the Scriptures testify to Jesus, Our Lord and Saviour!

Peace!
PJ

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back