Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Help with Firefox....

handy

I don't know what happened, but when I started up the PC today, Firefox seems to be blocking all graphics.

What this looks like here at CF for instance, is instead of seeing the cute little smilie guys, I'm seeing the text for them. Instead of seeing avatar's, I'm seeing the words "handy's avatar"...

Everything is very messy!

I've done everything I can think of, including uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox...but nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and while I was reinstalling Firefox, I took a look at things via IE...and everything was fine with it...but I really don't want to run IE, I much prefer Firefox.

Dora, my first thought is the old cookie delete, but if you removed and reinstalled FF, that seems like it would have taken care of your cookies. I would still do that, though.

What about Adblock Plus? Do you have that add-on installed? Maybe it's blocking some things. It happens to me sometimes. Check your settings on the page. :shrug

Cookies, cache, history etc may not necessarily be deleted when a browser is uninstalled.

Is it just CF? Ad blocker may have some seetings that block all images on the site or in a certian directory.

Well, I disabled Ad-Block and then came back here...everything was still a mess, only now there were banner ads slapped over the top. I went ahead and enable Ad-Block again.

I did go to my control panel and deleted the history and cookies...I did that when I uninstalled Firefox...

I'm just at a standstill as to what to do about this...:grumpy:grumpy:grumpy

Ah-ha! Found the problem!

After squirrling around on and off all day with this, I found a little box...if one goes to tools/options/content one finds a little box marked as "Load pages automatically".

For some reason, it was unchecked...and even uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox didn't cause it to default to being checked! :shrug

Oh well...all check now. Time for me to get back to my real work for the day...getting the house ready for a bank appraisal.

Glad you found it, Handy. The first thought that came to my mind is that browsers have a little box that you can check to block images and I thought something like that was enabled.

Another thing to do is search the web for answers. If you had such a problem, rest assured someone else had the same problem and oftentimes you can find different solutions that may work.

Back