Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Heresies Against Scripture ?

J

Jay T

Galations 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So much for 'Once Saved, Always Saved' !

Again.....
Revelation 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Heresies, are lies.....which go against the truths found in the whole Bible.

The problem of false doctrines can be found, when one does not use every Bible verse, on a given subject.

Using 1 or 2 Bible verses to support a theory....does not promote the truth.

To find the truth as it is in God is to use every Bible verse in the whole Bible....on any given subject.

For example....if I want to know the truth, on say, the 7th day sabbath.

I would find out what Moses said....find out what Paul said.....find out what Jesus Christ said...what Isaiah said....find out what Peter said....find out what Ezekiel said.....ect....ect.

Jay T said:
For example....if I want to know the truth, on say, the 7th day sabbath.

I would find out what Moses said....find out what Paul said.....find out what Jesus Christ said...what Isaiah said....find out what Peter said....find out what Ezekiel said.....ect....ect.

I know you are probably not going to read it, but rather than post it in the open forum, perhaps your should read this ---> An Analysis of Adventist Arguments for A Seventh-Day Sabbath.

Just over 5 pages ... should be a quick read.

I realize that posting it is somewhat futile and it's not really my goal to "convert" you from your beliefs. I guess I would just like to see what your thoughts are on it...

Regards,
Mike

Fnerb said:
I realize that posting it is somewhat futile and it's not really my goal to "convert" you from your beliefs. I guess I would just like to see what your thoughts are on it...

Regards,
Mike
You're right !
Why should I ignore what God has said to do ?

After all, my eternal life depends on 'doing' actually, what Jesus Christ says.
Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE... is getting into heaven, when they disobey what God says to do.

Heresies, are lies.....which go against the truths found in the whole Bible.

The problem of false doctrines can be found, when one does not use every Bible verse, on a given subject.

Interesting. My pastor recently lent me an apologetics book on refuting heresies and false religion and 7th Day Adventism is right next to Buddism, Hinduism, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

cybershark5886 said:
Interesting. My pastor recently lent me an apologetics book on refuting heresies and false religion and 7th Day Adventism is right next to Buddism, Hinduism, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

A person who believes God's word, needs to understand that Satan is at ....WAR....with the 7th Day Adventist church........

Revelation 12:17 "And the dragon (satan) was wroth (angry) with the woman (church), and went to make WAR with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ".

God has identified the 7th day Adventist people as ...... Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus".

It is thru their faith in Jesus Christ, that enables them, to keep all the Commandments of God, such as the 4th commandment, the 7th day sabbath, which is the set of Loyalty which God set up showing the relationship between Himself and the true believer.......
20:20 "And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God".

Jay T said:
God has identified the 7th day Adventist people as ...... Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus".

God has identified, or you have identified yourselves...

Fnerb said:
God has identified, or you have identified yourselves...
Was Revelation 12:17 & 14:12 written ...before or after ....the 7th day Adventist church was created ?

Is there any other church in the world, who keeps God's commandments, including the 4th commandment, the 7th day sabbath ?

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The word, 'Remnant', means what ?

And, what do they do ?

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. .....same as the 4th commandment says ?
(Exodus 20:8-11)

14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Back