Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Hero cat rescues boy from prowling dog

Yep, cat's can be extremely loyal and protective. But you do have work to earn their loyalty moreso than with dogs. I'd guess this little boy knows and respects animals and is probably best friends with his cat. That's why the cat didn't hesitate to risk it's life to protect him.

My cat that I had when I was 13 or so had a really close bond to me. I could be sitting there crying about something, she'd come up purring and rubbing all up against me. Would sit in my lap once I started petting her. When I wasn't crying anymore she'd get up and leave the room. Every time.

Left for two weeks one time to go to camp in another state. My dad said she was on the window sill constantly crying while I was gone.

Hello Obadiah, yes you're right. Cats need to know they can trust you. If you're kind to them and let them know you just love them absolutely and are loyal to them they will repay your love & loyalty. I meant to post this right after your post, Obidiah, but for some reason the 'net appeared to be busy and it wouldn't attach or whatever.

Hello questdriven, you're right too. That's a very touching anecdote! I recall sitting on my front steps in front of the house one summer, depressed about something, many many years ago. This kitten came up the steps and meowed at me and let me pet him. I wasn't depressed after that. It's like they can sense emotion and want to befriend you when you need a friend.

Another time I visited a friend and he and his wife took in a stray injured cat. The kitty stayed underneath the couch for about two days, absolutely terrified of everyone. After about two days the cat came around. I stayed for two weeks, sleeping on the couch, as my friend were just married, starting out and didn't have much beyond the house they were renting. Before I left the cat was sleeping on my stomach at night. My friend told me after I left that the kitty would meow, looking bewildered, wondering whee I was. Not that there was anything special about me, but just show your friend your love and respect and they'll definitely return it!

Mike

lol My dad told me that his friend that came over while I was gone mentioned that it sounded like she was crying for lost kittens. But she was spayed. So my dad joked that she must have thought she was my mother.

My current cat is like a little kid. He tries to get into everything. He'll steal food, he tries to climb into the fridge, he'll tease the dog, he likes to lounge on the dining table, and he likes to stalk my feet when I'm walking around the house.
He's a goofy little guy who just wants to have fun.
The cat I had when I was 13 was, like, all serious and down to earth.

It's neat to see how they have their own personalities :)

Last edited:
:lol Yes, they do seem to have differing traits making them special in some way. Some kittys are well behaved while others are seemingly full of good natured mischief, so they maybe need a little more supervision to keep them pout of trouble. I've seen videos where a cat will have figured how to get into a cabinet where food is kept, or, as you've said, into the 'fridge. And it's not unusual for a kitten to think of a doting human as their mother, or kindly, loving authority figure and protector anyway.

Mike

When I was about 8, a stray cat adopted my household. That cat would not allow a d-o-g even set paw to the property. If they did, she attacked. People used to get big laughs watching that little female cat riding on the backs of howling dogs as they tried to get away. Neighbors suggested we get her tiny cowgirl boots & cowgirl hat to wear while she rode those 'broncs' off the property.

Some cats may be small, but if they're feisty - oboy, watch out! They can turn into a tornado armed with razor blades. Just shows they all have their own personalities, sometimes cats & dogs get along famously.

Mike

Back