Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey, devil! I'm talking to you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

I believe to build strong faith, you must have holy boldness. This is something people need badly. Most are afraid of the devil. We try to hide from the devil.

But, we are going to have to be able to boldly claim what belongs to us in the Name of El Shaddai, the God who is more than enough.

We are going to have to be willing to stand, look the devil square in the eye, and say, You hoodwinked me and fooled me for the last time. Either get out of the way, or get ready to get run over.

I believe he doesn't want any part of an individual who knows who he is in Jesus Christ, because Jesus defeated Satan. He knows that you are going to start speaking that Word with your mouth. And every time those words come out of your mouth, it's like some body hitting with a whip. So he doesn't want any part of you.

Yet the Church has been so beaten down, that its members are not bold anymore. Instead of going out looking for the devil, they hide if they see him coming. I really believe some people have more reverence for the devil than they have for God. When they start talking about the devil, they get quiet.

Has the devil robbed you of healing for your bodies, stole your finances, stole your joy, and even caused your marriage to fail? Speak the Word of God to him, and he has to flee.

May God bless, golfjack

Amen, golfjack!!

I have been running a high fever for two days now with no other symptoms.
I feel like I have the flu.
I was really getting under it today when I had the thought, (given by God) that I didn't have to accept this sickness.
I got up and said, "I refuse this sickness satan, in Jesus name"; then I started doing things that I normally would be doing around the house.
I have been progressivly getting better!!
I really believe if I had stayed in the 'i'm dying' mentality I would still be running a high fever and lying in bed.
Jesus made a way for us, there is principles to healing, and we don't have to accept the things the enemy puts on us.
To some I know this will sound really crazy but I don't care, I know what God did for me just today.
This isn't the first time He has healed me.

golfjack said:
I believe to build strong faith, you must have holy boldness. This is something people need badly. Most are afraid of the devil. We try to hide from the devil.

And:

Don't forget to pass the ammunition to our boys in Iraq and spread the bold truth about the WMD threat.

Good for you Destiny. Our God is able!!!. God has provided healing for His people over two thousand years ago. God has healed me many times. I had a torn meniscus a while back, and the doctor said that I needed an operation. I just took God at His Word, when He says Ye were healed by His stripes. To this day, I haven't been bothered by that knee. Satan is the author of all sickness and disease. Some blame God, but God is not the author of confusion. I have laid hands on people in Church service, and have seen many healed, even a Child born blind. She opened her eyes, and in amazement she said she could see, and was verified by a Medical Doctor. To God be all the praise and glory. We serve a Big God. If only His people could tap into this Power.

May God bless, golfjack

So this confuses me (probably not surprisingly). Do people take medicine or do they rely upon the healing powers of God/Jesus? Or is the healing powers of God a back-up to medicine?

Also, if you are sick from some bacteria, why is Satan blamed when God is the one who made it?

Quath said:
So this confuses me (probably not surprisingly). Do people take medicine or do they rely upon the healing powers of God/Jesus? Or is the healing powers of God a back-up to medicine?

Also, if you are sick from some bacteria, why is Satan blamed when God is the one who made it?

It never hurts to call on Jesus first. You may turn to medicine first (I've been guilty of that), but as a Christian, I need to rely on Jesus FIRST. When I'm all congested and in pain though, I tend to run straight for the medicine cabinet. I'm guilty and feel it when I realize that I didn't turn to Jesus first.

I take medicine. I personally believe that God gave people the wisdom to make medicines. Not everyone will agree with that. I also don't blame satan for bacteria. That's just my beliefs though.

Nikki said:
It never hurts to call on Jesus first.

Golfjack isn't just saying to call on Jesus first. He says, "Has the devil robbed you of healing for your bodies... Speak the Word of God to him, and he has to flee."

He's saying Christians have no need of medicine.

Now, if only a Christian would speak the Word of God to Bush (and the VP), he'd flee and we can get a new president.

Amen, golfjack!

Praise God Destiny!!

I have been healed many times as well! I pray that the body of Christ would learn the power that is available to them.

Quath,
It is a faith issue. If your faith is in drugs, you go for the medicine. If your faith is fickle, you take medicine and pray.
The more faith you put in Jesus Christ, the less you have to put in other things.

Poke said:
Nikki said:
It never hurts to call on Jesus first.

Golfjack isn't just saying to call on Jesus first. He says, "Has the devil robbed you of healing for your bodies... Speak the Word of God to him, and he has to flee."

He's saying Christians have no need of medicine.

Now, if only a Christian would speak the Word of God to Bush (and the VP), he'd flee and we can get a new president.

He never once said that. Did he specifically say "don't take medicine!!!!"???

Why did you come to this forum?

Nikki said:
He never once said that. Did he specifically say "don't take medicine!!!!"???

He implied Christians have no need of medicine. I think the point of your reply is that I'm suppose to ignore that. Why?

I hate the devil. He can go take a flying leap. It's healthy to hate the devil IMO. The devil is the one being that we, as people are allowed to hate. I hate the devil. Hate him hate him!!! (sorry I'm getting carried away :biggrin)

Well it may come as a surprise to you people..... but I do not hate the Devil.
Mind you I am always on my guard to be sure he is not trying to influence me.

I see him for what he is.... he is actualy not a fallen Angel, but he is a tool of God.
On his own the Devil cannot do anything, any power the Devil has was given to him by God, so that he can serve Gods purpose.
God created Satan after all, to serve a purpose... Gods purpose for him.

The Devil thinks he is getting in Gods way, but all the Devil is achieving is helping God to lock up all in disobedience so he can show mercy to all.

One day every knee will bow at the sound of the name of Jesus... including Satans knee.

Grace and Peace to you always

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back