Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hierarchical nature of the church!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
Part I

Hierarchical nature of the new covenant church founded by the Lord Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ established the church in Hierarchical & Jurisdictional authority on Peter & the apostles & their successors!

Apostles having the same mission, power, & authority as Christ! Jn 20:21-23

2 cor 10:8 For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

Is Jesus Christ the king?
Is Jesus Christ the high priest?
Is Jesus Christ the head of the church?
Is Jesus Christ the chief bishop and pastor of our souls?

Each of these implies a hierarchy with authority & jurisdiction!

Christ is king: Lk 1:32:33

No king ever administers His own kingdom.

The King appoints a prime minister.
Matt 16:18-19

And other ministers in subjection to the prime minister. Matt 18:18
Jn 2:21-23 eph 2:20

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Christ is high priest: heb 8:1

Jesus Christ is high priest in authority over Peter & the apostles in the ministerial order of melchisedec.

Ordained priests (low priests) subject (Jn 15:5 eph 5:24) to the authority of Christ.

Mk 3:14
Matt 22:14
Jn 15:16
Acts 14:23
Acts 16:4
1 cor 9:14
1 Tim 2:7

(Sent by Christ with His authority)

Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21

(Forgive mens sins / reconcile)

Jn 20:23
2 cor 5:18

(Ministry)

Mal 1:11
Acts 1:8
acts 1:15-26
Acts 2:38-39
Rom 15:16
1 Tim 3:1-2
1 Tim 4:14
Phil 1:1
James 5:14

Christ is the head of the church:
eph 523

Peter has the role of representing Christ here in earth, visible head, and the apostles / bishops their successors and those they ordain for ministry in union with Peter administer the kingdom, govern the church, teach and sanctify all men, the lay people or nations!

Matt 16:16-19 Peter declared blessed, & the visible head of the church (on earth) key (signs) of jurisdictional authority, the bishops united with him!

Christ is chief bishop & pastor of our souls. 1 pet 5:4

1 pet 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Chief shepherd implies other shepherds under His authority.

Jn 21:17 Peter entrusted with the flock or church as the visible shepherd.

Isa 22:21-22 father (pope means papa) with key of authority over the kingdom

Matt 16:16-19 Peter declared blessed, & the visible head of the church (on earth) key (signs) of jurisdictional authority, the bishops united with him!

Matt 17:27 It is Jesus Christ who identifies only peter with himself.
Not the other apostles

Acts 15:7 God chose Peter

Part II

Fellowship with the apostles, unity in the communion of saints.

1 John 1:3

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, (tradition) that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Jn 3:5 & 3:22

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of jurisdictional authority! Open and shut And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:4

The canon of New Testament scripture was decided by the visible apostolic church with the authority of Jesus Christ to bind and loose. Matt 16:18-19 & 28:18

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

God always establishes peace and order in His kingdom by obedience to the hierarchical authority of the fathers!

Only apostles lay hands on those they ordain

Acts 6:5
And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch: 6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

1 Tim 1 bishops priests and ministry

1 Tim 1: 11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

1 Tim 4:11 These things command and teach.

There is a hierarchical authority in all that God has ordained!

The angelic kingdom:
The civil gov:
The church:
The family:

All are ordered with obedience to hierarchical and jurisdictional authority!

Apostles are ordained / bishops / ministry

Acts 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Acts 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Same ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21-23

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Apostolic authority!
God sent them apostles to teach them the truth revealed by Christ!
Matt 28:19 all the apostles
Philip an apostle acts 8
Peter an apostle acts 10

Jn 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Acts 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Acts 1:8 my witnesses

There is a big difference between the people, and the priesthood of Christ and the apostles!

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you. And Jn 17:18 I send you!

(The apostles with the same minisrty, power, and authority)

The apostles received the kingdom.
Lk 22:29

The apostles administer the kingdom. Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

The apostles govern the church.
Matt 28:19-20

The apostles hold office.
Acts 1:15-20

The apostles have authority to forgive sins. Jn 20:23

Apostles are the light of the world!
Matt 5:14

A distinct line of demarcation between Christ and His priesthood / and the people!

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. (The apostles are to teach the people matt 28:19)

Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to-ward you:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Matt. 16:18; 18:18 – Jesus uses the word “ecclesia” only twice in the New Testament Scriptures, which demonstrates that Jesus intended a visible, unified, hierarchical, and authoritative Church.

Acts 20:17,28 – Paul refers to both the elders or priests (“presbyteroi”) and the bishops (“episkopoi”) of the Church. Both are ordained leaders within the hierarchical structure of the Church. It is not, as you say, "artificially contrived".

1 Cor. 12:28 – God Himself appoints the various positions of authority within the Church. As a loving Father, God gives His children the freedom and authority to act with charity and justice to bring about His work of salvation.

Eph. 4:11 – the Church is hierarchical and includes apostles, prophets, pastors, and teachers, all charged to build up the Church. The Church is not an invisible entity with an invisible foundation. It is not, as you say, "artificially contrived".

Phil. 1:1 – Paul addresses the bishops and deacons of the Church. They can all trace their unbroken lineage back to the apostles.

1 Tim. 3:1; Titus 1:7 – Christ’s Church has bishops (“episkopoi”) who are direct successors of the apostles. The bishops can trace the authority conferred upon them back to the apostles. It is not, as you say, "artificially contrived".

1 Tim. 5:17; Titus 1:5; James 5:14 – Christ’s Church also has elders or priests (“presbyteroi”) who serve the bishops. It is not, as you say, "artificially contrived".

1 Tim. 3:8 – Christ’s Church also has deacons (“diakonoi”). Thus, Jesus Christ’s Church has a hierarchy of authority – bishops, priests and deacons, who can all trace their lineage back to Peter and the apostles. It is not, as you say, "artificially contrived".

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 16:13 HS leads apostles into all truth Matt 28:19 then they are to teach us

Acts 1:8 His witnesses

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission as Christ! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Part III

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

1 John 1:3
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord;

ECF are His witnesses acts 1:8

Obedience & Submission

1 pet 2:13
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

1 pet 5:5
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

The nature of the new covenant church is hierarchical and jurisdictional exercising the very authority of Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ extends His mission , power, and authority to all men at all places and times in His apostolic church!

Christ and His church are one inseparable unity! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back