Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hormones, Devils Toy?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dakota

Heh, nice topic title :tongue

Anyway. Now, The Lord says not for us to have lust for others, and that lust in your mind is lust of the heart. Now, in mens lives, Sex is the goal. Its a goal many are trying to reach. Why? We arent supposed to have Sex until we get married, then why do we get this urge at such a young age? Is hormones the devils way of tempting you away from The Lord's word?

And just to throw in here, i had read over at Yahoo Answers that alot of Christians belive that Hentai isn't against the bible. What do you think on that?

The production of Hormones is a natural physical process. God created our physical bodies and also designed in such a way that hormones be produced on a regular basis. Otherwise we would be without hormones. This is the reason why we get sexual urges right from the age our physical body reaches a level of growth and maturity. So, hormones are never from the devil neither their production is any temptation. Hormones are from our Creator.

This is very clear from the verse below -

Leviticus 15:16 - And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water....

Therefore, Sex is meant not only for pro-creation but also for enjoyment within God's laws. This is again clear from the 2 verses below -

Ecclesiastes 9:9 - Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life.

Proverbs 5:18,19 - Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Sex is a natural physiological urge similar to the urge to urinate or the hunger to eat or the thirst to drink. To urinate, eat or drink is not the only goal in life. They are part of our everyday living. Similarly, Sex is supposed to be a part of our life and not the only obsession. When sex becomes the only obsession then it becomes Lust as defined in the Bible.

Sex is not the ultimate goal. Spiritual Development is the ultimate goal. Sex can also play a positive role in our Spiritual Development process although it is mostly mistaken that it plays only a negative role.

To have sex before marriage is entirely an individual choice of the person as God has given freewill to all His children. Some may not prefer pre-marital sex whereas some others may not be able to exercise self-control and might prefer to release their sexual tension. It is really upto each individual to think and decide what is good for him. Personally, i tend to encourage those who prefer to keep their virginity until they get married and i am sympathetic to those who were not able to control themselves before getting married.

I must also add that for those who involve in sex with multiple partners, there is always the danger of getting Sexually Transmitted Diseases or even AIDS.

I would like to suggest a few useful links on this topic -

1) Sexual Ethics for all of us - http://www.whosoever.org/v2Issue2/ethic.html

2) Sexuality and Spirituality - http://www.theuufellowship.org/_sermons/030216.htm

3) The Christian Enjoyment of Sex - http://www.thebodyissacred.org/body/sex_joy.asp

It is an interesting question. Since God "designed" harmones by most Christians beliefs, then God wanted for people entering puberty to desire sex. What an odd thing for God to do if he wants to encourage people not to have sex before marriage.

I bet with someone as powerful as God, he could have made it so people did not desire sex unless they were married. So it is an interesting thing to contemplate if you are Christian. Why would God design young kids to want sex? Someone could point out that way back, kids could get married at that age. Or that they entered puberty later due to bad nutrition. However, that just means that God did not have foresight to see an age where we would have good nutrition.

Quath said:
Lewis W said:
In Biblical times people got married much younger, than they do today.
Did God not forsee the future when people would not get married so young?
You just had to go and throw a monkey wrench' in there didn't you ? Oh well you would not be Quath if you didn't. :-D

Puritans have put more people to the sword in the name of God, than any generation of young kids that enjoys bonking each others brains out.

Make Love not War....

Quath said:
Lewis W said:
In Biblical times people got married much younger, than they do today.
Did God not forsee the future when people would not get married so young?

Well, God is not here to answer that question Quath. It is difficult to understand God and to be in His shoes.

Spirit Driven said:
Puritans have put more people to the sword in the name of God, than any generation of young kids that enjoys bonking each others brains out.

Make Love not War....

I tend to agree with you SpiritDriven. Puritan propaganda can also be harmful and can make people unnecessarily judgemental although it is good for the Puritans themselves.

Quath said:
vinc said:
Well, God is not here to answer that question Quath. It is difficult to understand God and to be in His shoes.
Couldn't people pray to God to get an answer?
Yes if God wants to answer you He will, and sometimes He does not, but He does when He wants to, I can tell you that, and it can be in certain ways. Why Quath' You asked can we pray to God, are you starting to believe' are you a closet believer ? There might be some hope for you yet. Are you ready to repeat the sinners prayer with me yet ? :biggrin :-D

Lewis W said:
Yes if God wants to answer you He will, and sometimes He does not, but He does when He wants to, I can tell you that, and it can be in certain ways. Why Quath' You asked can we pray to God, are you starting to believe' are you a closet believer ? There might be some hope for you yet. Are you ready to repeat the sinners prayer with me yet ? :biggrin :-D
So you can't ask God questions in prayer? Is there a reason he won't answer if you can? After all, since he knows the answer, why would he hide it?

Nah, I am not a closet believer. Just curious as to how people envision God and how they interpret the world through their faith.

Quath God answers in many ways, sometimes He will in a dream or a tragedy, or something good happening to you, sometimes it could be audible. And a whole lot of the times He will put the answer into your mind, or should I say your thoughts, and many other ways. But you see Quath you lack the Holy Ghost' so this might sound like rubbish to you. But who knows Quath somewhere down the line you might become' a Holy Ghost filled foot stomping' hand clapping on fire for the Lord TV evangelist. :biggrin :-D

I don't believe the "teenage culture" was ever of God.
The reason hormones are raging out of control is because of our sexually depraved culture.
Teens are taking the brunt of what is marketed their way; which is sex.

destiny said:
I don't believe the "teenage culture" was ever of God.
The reason hormones are raging out of control is because of our sexually depraved culture.
Teens are taking the brunt of what is marketed their way; which is sex.
no kidding.....

Quath said:
vinc said:
Couldn't people pray to God to get an answer?

IMHO anyone can pray to God and hope for an answer Quath.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back