Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How can I approach a conversation about intention?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MerciG777

2024 Supporter
I have met this fellow believer at a sports activity enviroment, so whenever we have spent time together, it is has been in active amosphere which is great but after two months it is clear through our behavior there is clear attraction and care.

But I think it is a key time to approach and ask him, his intentions as I did pull back out of my fears.

Please no harsh condemnation. I am trying to understand.

As a Christian who has been given the word Gentle on my heart. How could I approach and ask him?

Two months may not be long enough to get to know someone and he might be hesitant to discuss his "intentions" as a result. I think you should relax, take the necessary steps to get to know him better as a friend, and enjoy the organic process of dating someone to see whether they are truly a husband material for you. He might have awesome qualities as a Christian man but that doesn't always mean he will be compatible with you as a spouse. You should pray and seek God's wisdom in this. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

I have met this fellow believer at a sports activity enviroment, so whenever we have spent time together, it is has been in active amosphere which is great but after two months it is clear through our behavior there is clear attraction and care.

But I think it is a key time to approach and ask him, his intentions as I did pull back out of my fears.

As a Christian who has been given the word Gentle on my heart. How could I approach and ask him?
Just ask him if he wants to marry you or if this is just a friendship.
Never edge your way into a life long commitment.
Ask if marriage is the end goal or not.
Then you can be friends with no possibility of further romantic entanglements... or happily ever after.

I think I would just point blank ask him his intentions toward you.

Back