Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Do I Handle Toddler Tantrums?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Focus on the Family

Focus on the Family
RSS Feed
Know that you’re not alone. Toddler tantrums are very common in this stage of life. However, it’s worth your attention to how frequent and explosive your toddler’s tantrums really are.

Start with asking some key questions about your toddler’s behavior:

• What’s happening physically with my toddler?
  • Are his or her emotional needs being met?
  • Are there any deeper, spiritual needs that need my attention?

Here are a few other points of guidance for these situations.

• Remember that young children need help controlling their emotions. Your own behavior can provide a good model for how they’re supposed to behave or interact with others.
  • Time outs can be very effective methods of consequence with toddlers. Try giving your toddler a time out after he or she throws a tantrum.
  • Try to understand what’s going on under the surface with your toddler. Seek to understand the source of your toddler’s anger.

Toddler tantrums can be complex. But don’t worry, there are practical steps you can take to help navigate them. Here are more resources to help you in these parenting moments.

The post How Do I Handle Toddler Tantrums? appeared first on Focus on the Family.

Continue reading...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back