Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How do we know we are Born Again?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

Romans 8:14-16 says: 14. For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16. The Spirit itself bearth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God.

Does anyone have a heavenly Father?

May God bless, golfjack

Praise my new Daddy!!!!

I am so glad he sought me out and made me His child!

Bless God!!!

golfjack said:
Romans 8:14-16 says: 14. For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16. The Spirit itself bearth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God.

Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses also believe they have a heavenly Father and that they are children of God. Once again, the proof of "knowing the truth" is entirely subjective.

BradtheImpaler said:
golfjack said:

Jews and Jehovah's Witnesses also believe they have a heavenly Father and that they are children of God. Once again, the proof of "knowing the truth" is entirely subjective.

Being born again is not subjective. You either are or you are not.

mutzrein said:
BradtheImpaler said:
golfjack said:

It's the "knowing" that's subjective, and that is in the title of the thread.

Golfjack, are you equating "having a heavenly Father" with being "born again?"

"Being born again" to see the kingdom of God, which, IMO, was the Messianic kingdom, the hope of Israel, that Jesus was referring to. Because, Nicodemus was a ruler, a teacher of the Jews, he should have known the OT prophecies concerning the regathering of scattered Jews, and
God making a new heart and putting a new spirit within them.

They will be a new nation "born from above in a day" when Jesus as Messiah returns to the earth in power and great glory, to deliver righteous Israelites from their enemies. See Jer. 31:33; Ezek. 11:19; 18:31; 36:26,27; Isa. 66:8; and Heb.8:8-12.

Our apostle and and teacher, Paul, never uses that phrase: we, the body of Christ are "new creations" in Christ. Our future is in the heavenlies to enjoy and marvel in the spiritual blessings being prepared by God. See Eph. 1:3.
Also it is revealed to Paul that we will be witnesses to the spirit beings in the heavenlies, of the manifold wisdom and grace lavished upon us, through Christ Jesus, in the ages to come. See Eph. 2:6,7; 3:10,11.

God bless, Bick

There is also an accessory evidence for salvation that John tells us about: "We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death." (1 John 3:14)

This is often an immediate realization on our part, as well as the renewed spirit within us.

So loving the bretheren proves that you are saved. This is the true agape love. :)

Bick said:
Golfjack, are you equating "having a heavenly Father" with being "born again?"

"Being born again" to see the kingdom of God, which, IMO, was the Messianic kingdom, the hope of Israel, that Jesus was referring to. Because, Nicodemus was a ruler, a teacher of the Jews, he should have known the OT prophecies concerning the regathering of scattered Jews, and
God making a new heart and putting a new spirit within them.

They will be a new nation "born from above in a day" when Jesus as Messiah returns to the earth in power and great glory, to deliver righteous Israelites from their enemies. See Jer. 31:33; Ezek. 11:19; 18:31; 36:26,27; Isa. 66:8; and Heb.8:8-12.

Our apostle and and teacher, Paul, never uses that phrase: we, the body of Christ are "new creations" in Christ. Our future is in the heavenlies to enjoy and marvel in the spiritual blessings being prepared by God. See Eph. 1:3.
Also it is revealed to Paul that we will be witnesses to the spirit beings in the heavenlies, of the manifold wisdom and grace lavished upon us, through Christ Jesus, in the ages to come. See Eph. 2:6,7; 3:10,11.

God bless, Bick

Am I misunderstanding what you are saying in that I read from that post: We are not born of God yet, and only will be at the return of Christ? And were you refering to that Paul did not say? I think I missed your over all point.

God Bless,

Josh

cybershark5886 said:
There is also an accessory evidence for salvation that John tells us about: "We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death." (1 John 3:14)

This is often an immediate realization on our part, as well as the renewed spirit within us.

So loving the bretheren proves that you are saved. This is the true agape love. :)

How do you know if you "love the brethren"? If you do not love perfectly, can you still qualify? To what degree must you love in order to measure up to the standard indicated by "because we love the brethren"?

BradtheImpaler said:
mutzrein said:
BradtheImpaler said:
golfjack said:

It's the "knowing" that's subjective, and that is in the title of the thread.

Ah - OK, yes I agree. I was looking at 'knowing' as a fact rather than 'knowing' as in believing which of course is subjective.

How do we know that we are born again?

No Josh, that is not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that believers making up the church/body of Christ are "new creations" in Christ. Being "born again" applies to Nicodemus and Israel, period. The two terms are different.

When Jesus said that to Nicodemus, Christ was alive. Even though He must have known He would suffer and die for the sins of the world.

Believers in Christ as Saviour today, are new creations the moment they believe.

Bick

Make sure that you rightly divide the word of truth, otherwise you will be led down a deceitful trail. Jesus teaches the process by which one is saved in order to enter into the Kingdom of God. It is by the born again process. Let's look.

1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice that Jesus did not say, "unless a Jew be born again"; He said, "unless a man be born again".

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Notice that Jesus is saying, "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God", he does not say, "Except a Jew be born ....".

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus explains to Nicodemus that that which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of Spirit is spirit. He is teaching Nicodemus that those that are born again are born of the Spirit, not of the flesh.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Jesus continues to teach Nicodemus that just as Moses lifted up the serpeant in the wilderness so that the Israelites could be saved from death, so to must Jesus be lifted up so that all those that believe should have eternal life. Is he teaching Nicodemus that only Jews that believe in Him should have eternal life, or those that believe and are born again?

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Is this verse of scripture only for Nicodemus and the Jews? NO. This verse is for all who are condemned and for all who need a Saviour. Jesus is teaching all, how to be born again. That the Spirit of God will be the one who sires those that are born again. Flesh is flesh and Spirit is spirit.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

For God sent his Son into the world to save only the Jews? NO. He sent His Son into the world to save the Jews first, and then the non-Jews. How? Through being born again, born from above, born of God; just as Jesus teaches. Are we condemned after being born again, after believing? NO.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

If you have been Baptized then you have been born again, not hard guys.

How do we know we are Born Again?

This is the Thread topic right? It is much easier for the ones who had sinned most to know this, it seems. For Christ says that they had been forgiven the most.
But, the bottom line is seen from Acts 5:32 The Holy Spirit being 'Given to those who obey Him'. This is the prerequisite. All 66 Books are Inspired by Him. See Matthew 4:4

Now for how we know that we had reached this starting point question?? (and it is only the REQUIRED starting point. John 3:3)
We KNOW by the change that takes place in us or another individuals! We become a NEW MAN! (Recreated=Born Again) ALL THINGS BECOME NEW!! Yet, not only do we know it, but the whole world can 'see' the change! And all of the POSITIVES of Hebrews 6:1-5 are known by the person that has the change. It is then that all of the promised provisions are supplied by Christ! :fadein: Philippians 4:13 & 2 Corinthians 12:9 for starters!

Let me add: This is one reason it is so hard for 'some' persons to 'grow' into new Truth. Instead of being 'Led' Rom. 8:14 as you post, they now know & 'feel' that they had (and did have) been MADE PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST'. So, who needs anything else they wonder with little more concern? And some had been taught long before Matthew 28:20 or Hosea 4:6 came to their knowledge, that they were O.S.A.S. :sad

But, you cannot convince these ones that they were not at one time Born Again!

---John

matto said:
If you have been Baptized then you have been born again, not hard guys.
Roman Catholic teachings believe that one must be baptized as an infant in order to gain eternal life, but that teaching is not found anywhere in the scriptures.

Those who have spent earnest prayer to the Father in Heaven have had their eyes opened to the truth, by the quickening of the Holy Spirit. Those individuals that have been quickened by the Holy Spirit and have believed the Word of God are those that are born again. All others just think that they are born again.

Jesus is pretty clear on what born again is, and how to become born again in John 3.

Interesting. Does this come to me at home from the Born Again ones??? :wink:

FAQ Search Ignore List Staff Site Profile You have no new messages Log out [ John the Baptist ]

123 Christian : Web Design : Donate : Chat Room : Work At Home : Bookstore : Links

123 Christian Forums Forum Index
Information

The topic or post you requested does not exist

John the Baptist said:
Interesting. Does this come to me at home from the Born Again ones??? :wink:

FAQ Search Ignore List Staff Site Profile You have no new messages Log out [ John the Baptist ]

123 Christian : Web Design : Donate : Chat Room : Work At Home : Bookstore : Links

123 Christian Forums Forum Index
Information

The topic or post you requested does not exist

What was that about John?

mutzrein said:
What was that about John?[/quote]

Mutz, :wink: I had been around here for quite some time, and I had blocked out an old ex/moderator so as for not caring to Titus 3:9-11 with him. (and it seems that he is eternally blocked out to boot, even if I click on the un/block :sad) So the question of Born Again eternal censor, to my pals??

Yet, it is annoying, :sad when ever he posts up a reply to where I reply to the same thread, this message that I posted up 'here' comes up in my email box, when I try to post some reply to others on the thread's remark?

So to post up again on the thread, I need to go in the back door to the index to do so.

---John

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back