Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study How Do You Know You Are Saved?

Golgotha

To all the readers out there, I pray the Lord ministers to your heart that you are saved because by your believing in Him is the work of the Father for otherwise you would never be able to believe in Him, not even in His name.

John 6: 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Certainly not by a sign of tongues which is supposed to serve as a sign to unbelievers, not to the believers..

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. .... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

So just the fact that you are believing in Him is a work of the Father for why you should know you are saved by faith in Jesus Christ

Having trouble with habitual sin in your life?

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1 John 3: 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. ... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Philippians 1: 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: ... 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. ... 5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

So do not make a promise or a commitment to Jesus Christ, but trust Him as your Good Shepherd & Friend to help you to follow Him daily since He is in you and with you always to walk you through this valley of death.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

You cannot lose your salvation, but if you wish to avoid being left behind when Jesus comes as the Bridegroom at the rapture event, it is best to run that race to be accepted as that vessel unto honor in His House for why even former believers are still saved for why they are also called to look to Him for help in seeing the lies that turned them away from Him so they can lean on Him for help in departing from iniquity to be that vessel unto honor in His House.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Ephesians 4: 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Hebrews 2: 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

2 Timothy 4: 18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Last edited:
We know we are saved by faith in confessing Christ Jesus as our Lord and Savior and are Spiritually born again from above.

It's all about faith, Hebrews 11:1, and belief, John 3:16, which has nothing to do with praying in tongues.

Speaking or praying in tongues does not define us as being a true child of God even though many of us have this gift given to us by the Holy Spirit. Praying in tongues is different then the tongues they were given by the Holy Spirit when 120 men and women received in the upper room on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Again I ask you to what is your understanding of these two verses since you say praying in tongues is not valid.

Since this is your third topic about praying in tongues and you refuse to believe any of us that have shown you with scripture, here is a website that will explain the use of this gift from the Holy Spirit.

We know we are saved by faith in confessing Christ Jesus as our Lord and Savior and are Spiritually born again from above.

It's all about faith, Hebrews 11:1, and belief, John 3:16, which has nothing to do with praying in tongues.

Speaking or praying in tongues does not define us as being a true child of God even though many of us have this gift given to us by the Holy Spirit. Praying in tongues is different then the tongues they were given by the Holy Spirit when 120 men and women received in the upper room on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Again I ask you to what is your understanding of these two verses since you say praying in tongues is not valid.

Since this is your third topic about praying in tongues and you refuse to believe any of us that have shown you with scripture, here is a website that will explain the use of this gift from the Holy Spirit.

Before I address that reference, all Bible versions hold to this truth in John 16:13, that the Holy Spirit cannot speak from Himself, but speak only what He hears.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. KJV

John 16:13 When the Holy Spirit, who is truth, comes, he shall guide you into all truth, for he will not be presenting his own ideas, but will be passing on to you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. LIVING Bible

John 16:13
But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. NASB 1995

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. NIV

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. ESV

That means the Holy Spirit cannot turn God's gift of tongues around which was for speaking unto the people, and then instead, to use for His own purposes in uttering His own prayers back to God.

That means the Holy Spirit cannot even utter His own groanings out loud and so keeping in alignment with the truth in His words in John 16:13

The identity of this "he" is Jesus Christ Who is the Word of God that searches our hearts.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Not only Jesus is searching our hearts but knows the mind of the Spirit to give the Spirit's unuttered & silent intercessions to the Father. This is in according to the will of God that all intercessions has to pass through the Son at that throne of grace in coming to God the Father because Jesus answers the prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

That is why there is only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus as the Lamb of God for how we have access to God the Father.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

This is how the Father knows before we ask anything in prayer so one has to question that tongue for private use.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Many of us pray in the tongues of the Holy Spirit and those prayers are answered so how do you account for that?
Paul was praying in the assembly that someone will interpret that tongue so he could benefit from it. That said, Paul was not using tongues for private use because how can he know what was being said unless interpreted? I know those who use tongues for private use claims self edification, Holy Spirit praying, praising God in worship and giving thanks, but those are all different supposed claims for tongues for private use and yet Paul said unless interpreted, not even the tongue speaker can benefit from that tongue until he understands it.

The baptism with the Holy Ghost & the born again of the Spirit is the same event for whenever any one believes in Jesus Christ for salvation at the calling of the gospel.

There is only one baptism with the Holy Ghost per that one calling and no other. There is no other baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues or with evidence of tongues as they give latter that calling now.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There is only one drink of the One Spirit that we were all baptized into the one body by at our salvation and there is no other drink les we separate ourselves from the body of believers that did not get that tongue by another drink.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

One should discern with Him right now about how no other gift is exhorted by that other baptism with the Holy Ghost and yet Paul as led by the Spirit was exhorting believers that were zealous for spiritual gifts to seek the gift of prophesy instead of tongues, because in comparison, tongues was not a stand alone gift thru out 1 Corinthians 14:1-40

Paul explained that the gifts were to benefit the whole body of Christ and not for private use.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit..... 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

So those who have been misled by another spirit to assume just because that tongue does not come with interpretation, that it must be for private use, should discern with Jesus Christ again, because it never was for private use. Paul gave the bottom line on tongues so nobody would misunderstood him for what God's gift of tongues were for, which was of other men's lips to speak unto the people; that is the law as in what God has spoken what His gift of tongue was for.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

Believers need to shun that other calling & that tongue that came by that spirit and pray normally so you can know what you had prayed for to give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for answers to prayers.

I do point out that believers sometimes refer to that other baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues as the second blessing, but it doesn't stop there. It is continuous after other sensational signs in the flesh that also is of confusion by losing self control & falling in slain in the spirit phenomenon and losing self control in laughing in the "holy laughter" movement.

No one is being edified in those phenomenon & neither are they truly edified by tongues for private use; as it is all confusion without interpretation which God is not the author of.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

The baptism with the Holy Ghost & the born again of the Spirit is the same event for whenever any one believes in Jesus Christ for salvation at the calling of the gospel.

There is only one baptism with the Holy Ghost per that one calling and no other. There is no other baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues or with evidence of tongues as they give latter that calling now.
That video does not prove anything as even I have gotten drunk in the Holy Spirit with uncontrollable laughter, which you could not understand if you have never experienced that, just like you have never experienced praying in tongues.

I agree with this statement of yours, but we are not talking about John's baptism in water that was only for repentance as Jesus nor the Holy Spirit had come yet. We are talking about the fire baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues for the edification of the church with one or two to interpret, and in our own personal prayer closet as the Holy Spirit makes utterance for us before the Father for things we do not know how to pray for.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Many of us have been through this many times with you in various threads on this subject. It's your choice to believe this does not exist, but for we who experience this beautiful gift of the Holy Spirit it is real to us. It does not mean one is not saved if they have never experience tongues, but that like me for many years was never taught about this.

To all the readers out there, I pray the Lord ministers to your heart that you are saved because by your believing in Him is the work of the Father for otherwise you would never be able to believe in Him, not even in His name.

John 6: 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Certainly not by a sign of tongues which is supposed to serve as a sign to unbelievers, not to the believers..

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. .... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

So just the fact that you are believing in Him is a work of the Father for why you should know you are saved by faith in Jesus Christ

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
Romans 8:16

That video does not prove anything as even I have gotten drunk in the Holy Spirit with uncontrollable laughter, which you could not understand if you have never experienced that, just like you have never experienced praying in tongues.

I agree with this statement of yours, but we are not talking about John's baptism in water that was only for repentance as Jesus nor the Holy Spirit had come yet. We are talking about the fire baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues for the edification of the church with one or two to interpret, and in our own personal prayer closet as the Holy Spirit makes utterance for us before the Father for things we do not know how to pray for.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Mat 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Many of us have been through this many times with you in various threads on this subject. It's your choice to believe this does not exist, but for we who experience this beautiful gift of the Holy Spirit it is real to us. It does not mean one is not saved if they have never experience tongues, but that like me for many years was never taught about this.
I did not say it does not exists. I said it is not of Him and I have shared scripture for why it is not as it is preaching another Jesus, another calling, another gospel, another spirit to receive. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

No one from your side of the aisle has proven that they have tested the spirits in those phenomenon per 1 John 4:1-6. The idea that if it feels good, that it must be from Him, are forgetting that is what seducing spirits do.

Thank you for sharing, but looks like we have to agree to disagree sharply.

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
Romans 8:16
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

When does a person become born again?

When the believe the Gospel?
When they are water baptized?

JLB

When does a person become born again?

When the believe the Gospel?
When they are water baptized?

JLB
When they believed the gospel is when they are born again of the Spirit which was to occur after His ascension for why that includes His disciples at Pentecost when they were Biblically saved.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

His disciples were not born again until after His ascension which was after His crucifixion for whenever any one believes in Him to be saved as in born again of the Spirit.

That way His disciples can share the same testimony of every other believer for when they were baptized into the one body by that one drink of the One Spirit at our salvation which has nothing to do with water baptism at all.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. ...
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God..... 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

I did not say it does not exists. I said it is not of Him and I have shared scripture for why it is not as it is preaching another Jesus, another calling, another gospel, another spirit to receive. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4
If speaking or praying in tongues in church or your prayer closet does exist by what you have said "I did not say it does not exist" then why are you arguing against it, unless I misunderstood what you meant by "I did not say it does not exist".

1 Corinthians 11:1-4 is the same as 1 John 4:1-6 that is about testing the spirits in order to know what one is preaching/teaching us is truth or error as there are many false teachers out there. Those scriptures have nothing to do with the gift of tongues.

If speaking or praying in tongues in church or your prayer closet does exist by what you have said "I did not say it does not exist" then why are you arguing against it, unless I misunderstood what you meant by "I did not say it does not exist".
To clarify, God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people in their native foreign tongue exists.

I believe Jesus would have us pray normally to know what we had prayed for so we can give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers.

I cannot see how that can be done by believers when they do not know what they have prayed for when praying in tongues.
1 Corinthians 11:1-4 is the same as 1 John 4:1-6 that is about testing the spirits in order to know what one is preaching/teaching us is truth or error as there are many false teachers out there. Those scriptures have nothing to do with the gift of tongues.
Correction, 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 with 1 John 4:1-6.

It is not about what those who teach in error, but it is also about testing the spirits since the discerning line is stated clearly in 1 John 4:4 since those who teach error have gone astray by those extra phenomenon aka seducing spirits.

1 Timothy 4:15 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: ( "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" is the same as saying "Jesus Christ is in us" in 2 Corinthians 13:5 )

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

So when anyone preach another Jesus or another Holy Spirit to receive... that is not the real indwelling Holy Spirit

2 Corinthians 11;1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Hopefully the Lord has enabled me to share my concern for the body of Christ in these latter days where faith is hard to find as it is on Him to cause the increase in calling anyone that have gone astray to depart from that iniquity.

Golgotha we that have experienced this gift given by the Holy Spirit know for a surety that it can only come from the Holy Spirit. Many do teach you are not saved if you do not speak in tongues and that is a false teaching as we all know when we are Spiritually born again we also at the time receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Just because one does not believe in a certain act of the Holy Spirit does not mean it is not real, but that they might not have any understanding because they have never been taught, or have been taught wrong. Spiritual discern is required to know if what one speaks in tongues is truly the Holy Spirit speaking through them or if it's just ones own desire to do so. I have been in many services where tongues were spoken, but truly was not done with the tongue of the Holy Spirit.

I as well as many have spoken in the tongue of the Holy Spirit a few times in the church as it is to build up and edify the church as one or two have given the interpretation. I as well as many others have prayed with the tongue of the Holy Spirit in our personal prayer time for things we did not know how to pray for.

Since you believe we are teaching another Christ or another Holy Spirit, even after we have testified of this and given scripture after scripture for what we have said, then I have nothing more I could show you in scripture that I haven't already given.

When they believed the gospel is when they are born again of the Spirit which was to occur after His ascension for why that includes His disciples at Pentecost when they were Biblically saved.

So if a person is saved, born again when they believe, then we see that they are already saved when they are baptized in water?

Salvation is known by the fruits, which stem from the essence of the heart. True belief in Christ stems from the activity of the heart.

Back