Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Does Jesus Save Us?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have ALREADY proved you wrong with scripture.
you prove that you only care about confusing the church with your blasphemous doctrines and twisting Scripture to support it. I ALREADY refuted your understanding of Scripture with Scripture and commentaries on them. And I asked questions that challenged your falsehood, and your response? Nothing

Righteousness is by faith, simply because righteousness is by Christ. Christ is the Christians righteousness. Christians do not possess a righteousness that God will accept. Our salvation is dependent upon the righteousness of Christ. "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 1:26. We are saved and justified by the righteousness of Christ and not our own.

Righteousness is not by works or obedience to the law. "But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes upon him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. If one is trusting in their works or in their obedience to the law, they will not be justified. Jesus justifies ungodly sinners that have no righteousness of their own because they have been born after Adam. "Wherefore as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:1.

It is not possible to become righteous by the law, because the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. This is why Paul wrote, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Jesus nailed the law to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Jesus fulfilled the law and then he abolished it. There are no laws, rules or religion for Christians. The Old Mosiac law is history for Christians. Under the New Covenant God's people live by faith and not by laws, rules or religion. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just (justified) shall live by faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by laws, rules and religion is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. In the Gospel, Jesus fulfills all of the demands of God's Holy Law. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves. In the Gospel, Jesus atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. We can now say with all certainty that, "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. All that believe this Gospel have, "Entered into his rest, he has also ceased from his own works (religion) as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

It is for God not man to choose how to forgive sin.
Col 1:20
and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

The path made for Christ by John the baptist.
to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Yet, so many are trying to justify themselves through works. Not realizing that works are the result of faith in Christ.

When we become a "new creation in Christ Jesus" the works are not a burden. They are the natural acts of the new creation of our own willingness to please Him. The desire is placed there by the Holy Spirit, and "behold, all things have become new."
Do you mean that persons are trying to JUSTIFY themselves by works..
I don't know any denomination that teaches that we are JUSTIFIED by works.

I think you're always talking about sanctification.
Sanctification does require that we obey God.
Obeying means that we are to do good works/deeds because Jesus stated this many times in His teachings.

John 14:15
15“If you love me, obey my commandments.

Which commandments would those be that we are to obey if we love Him?

James 1:22
22But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

IOW, do we only do what is not a burden to us?
How do we know if a work is of OUR righteousness or God's righteousness?

I maintain that the way Robert Pate sets forth his belief might be a hinderance to someone reading along that doesn't really understand what resting in Jesus means.

I fear he might be misleading many Christians into lawlessness.
Matthew 7:23

Back