Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Great Is Our God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Pard

He is pretty awesome, huh? Think about this one for a while:

Without really knowing specifically how, or even having to train for very long, a person can pick up a baseball bat and hit a baseball. What does that take? I'm not sure about all of it, but here is what I can reason. It takes our brain to figure out the speed at which the ball is coming at us, and then use this to estimate the time at which it will be next to us. The brain also has to figure out trajectory and where the ball will be when it is next to us. Then it has to visualize the speed and angle that the bat needs to be at in order to connect with the ball. Then it has to do all of this. And it has to do all of this in maybe two seconds, and that's being generous.

The brain could fit in a baseball glove, but it can do all this crazy amount of work quicker than any electronic device. And God made it! Praise Him!

Today I went for a hike up a hill, and since I live in southern New England it is called a "mountain" (we don't actually have any real mountains in CT). I felt compelled by God, through the Holy Spirit, to seek Him out in the wilderness and for some reason I decided that this was the place to go. I took my dog and we climbed up and at the top we found a rather secluded place and sat down for a peanut butter sandwich and some Bible time.

As I was sitting there I had the birds chirping and the wind whistling in the leaves. It was so glorious! And then God laid upon me a truth. The sound of airplanes could be heard and if I stood up I could see Hartford in all its smoggy glory. But I didn't care because God is evident in these things too!

We have this term, or better put the world has this term, "man made". "Man made". This term isn't exactly truthful because nothing is really man made unless it was first God enabled. God enabled for all the physics He created and for the materials He created and for the men He created to come together to form an airplane. It is He who formed planes, trains, cars, bikes, houses, computers, TVs, boats, spaceships, everything we call "technology" is just something God first enabled!

Long story short, I went into the wilderness to find God, and instead He showed me that I didn't need to look further than my own bedroom!

Romans 1:20

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen

1 King 19-14

“Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” He replied, “I have been very zealous for the LORD God Almighty……"

1 King 19-14

“Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?†He replied, “I have been very zealous for the LORD God Almighty……"

Very interesting passage ...

About the voice of the Lord in one's conscience?

Every once in a while I catch myself thinking about the pure awesomeness of God. Then, I realise that no matter how amazing I think or know Him to be, it's useless b/c whatever infinite greatness I imagine Him to have or be still falls waaaaaay too short!

Great Topic!:thumbsup God shows us his awesomeness literally everywhere. It amazes me how people can question His greatness, presence, or even his existence.

Here's a good hymn, nice and up-beat (which is always a plus!).

[video=youtube;ymrZO1PZbU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymrZO1PZbU4[/video]

Back