Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How long does it take to be Saved?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Soma-Sight

How long does it take for someone to escape the fiery colon of hell?

For example....

A man is a Christian for 20 years and then gets "decieved" or what have you and becomes a follower of a new founded Tom Cruise scientology religion.

Is this guy done?

I mean he was proclaiming the Truth of Christ for 20 years so does that do it?

On the other hand what if someone only believes for liek 5 - 10 minutes?

Is your mindset at death the answer?

Or are you saved if you see through the illusion of Satan's web for just a minute?

When a man runs a race, the reward comes when he has completed it. If, during the race he trips and gets back up and completes the race, the reward is no less his. If however he is distracted from the goal of the race and does not complete it, then beginning it was in vain. And then there are those who believe they have run the course - only to find they were disqualified by the judge.

Those who have to spend their life working for salvation will never make it. It isn't the works of man that gets one saved and keeps one saved. It is only the work of God that gets one saved. The work of God the Spirit, God the Son, and God the Father.

Only those that are born of God will be saved. John 3 explains this very well.

Christianity is a life long commitmtent for Him. If you are truthful you will keep on run the race and you will grow closer to Him. We will be Christ like as days and years go by. If we are not showing much of fruit of christianity we are lying to God. The Bible says that faith without deed is dead! What does that tell you?

Thanks for your question, soma sight :angel:

As soon ask you come to Christ you are saved from your transgressions. If, at the end of your life, you find that your name was not written in the Book of Life, it means that you never really decided to follow Jesus. I am a Christian. I do not follow Christianity, I follow Christ. Anyone who falls away forever was never following. They were just along for the ride.

mutzrein said:
When a man runs a race, the reward comes when he has completed it. If, during the race he trips and gets back up and completes the race, the reward is no less his. If however he is distracted from the goal of the race and does not complete it, then beginning it was in vain. And then there are those who believe they have run the course - only to find they were disqualified by the judge.

Philippians 1:6 says "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

The bottom line is whether God actually began that process in you or not. The only being that can determine one's sincerity is God. If God began that good work(salvation) in you, you will finish the race regardless if you trip, fall down, or get lost. God will pick you up if you trip or fall. You being lost, God will bring you back on the correct trail. Why? because God is the one who is faithful, we aren't(1 Thess. 5:24, 2 Thess. 3:3, 2 Timothy 2:13). He will confirm you to the end (1 Corin 1:8). Why? because he is our Father and we are his children (Eph. 1:5) and he will never leave us nor forsake us (Romans 8:35).

GundamZero said:
As soon ask you come to Christ you are saved from your transgressions. If, at the end of your life, you find that your name was not written in the Book of Life, it means that you never really decided to follow Jesus. I am a Christian. I do not follow Christianity, I follow Christ. Anyone who falls away forever was never following. They were just along for the ride.

If one is saved from their transgressions by the blood of Christ, it's a one time deal and there is no going back. You are not your own because you have been bought at a price(1 Corin. 6:19-20). Your life is also hidden in Christ (Col. 3:3).

If I read your post correctly, you almost described salvation from a Islamic perspective. In Islam, there is no promise or guarantee of heaven.

Those who are not written on the book of life were never followers of Christ from the get go.

mutzrein said:

There is much wisdom and understanding in this post. I certainly believe that a 'large' part of our 'judgement' will be based on exactly what was asked; where our hearts are upon our death. Christ warns us to be prepared at ALL TIMES, I believe, for just this purpose. We certainly don't want to die in our sins. It's awful hard to ask for forgiveness and offer repentance AFTER we are dead. I believe that this is exactly why suicide is such a 'fatal' mistake. I would NEVER say that ANYTHING can't be done by God. But there are assuredly some things that are better NOT left to chance.

Solo said:
Those who have to spend their life working for salvation will never make it. It isn't the works of man that gets one saved and keeps one saved. It is only the work of God that gets one saved. The work of God the Spirit, God the Son, and God the Father.

So, Solo, is what you offer an indication that we 'don't even have to run the race'? That it has already been run for us?

And aren't we ALL born of God and some simply choose to live for satan. And only those born of Christ are saved? I mean I know how you like to interchange the words Father, Son, Spirit, and God, but let us remember what the Word says and allow personal interpretation take it from there. I mean, I don't believe that you or I either one have the authority or understanding to offer anything other than that revealed. And what you offer is only revealed to a certain percentage of those that KNOW that they are 'saved'. What about the rest of us? Do you feel comfortable in your judgement of our souls concerning your statement above? Never forget, our understanding is our 'own' understanding. But, our judgement will determine how we ourselves will be judged. If we judge righteously.............., but boy, if we don't....................scary thought and one that most would be well advised to avoid if at all possible. Really no need to bring more upon ourselves than necessary.

Most of you guys posts sound a lot like works to me!

So if some extradimensional demon tricks you into worshipping Oprah Winfrey as Christ you are lost forever???? That makes no sense to me.

I guess Salvation is conditional and you can lose it is what I gather here.

A SAVIOUR is one who SAVES the LOST. Not one who only comes for the righteous.

I've never much cared for the ex post facto means of defining salvation, in which if someone strays, it just means he was never saved to begin with. It's too convenient and too hand-wavy. I think that someone can genuinely be saved, and can then, later on, come to question his face for whatever reason. It's unfortunate, but it happens. The obvious conclusion, here, is that nobody can ever know if he's been saved or not. You think you're saved? Ha! You're just a lost-loved-one away from eternal damnation, buster!

I think those who have honestly accepted Christ into their hearts can have doubts and lose their way. Scoffing at them as posers who were never true Christians to begin with will only serve to alienate them, and compel true believers to agonize over whether or they've really been saved, or whether they just think they have.

As to the question of what happens to these folks? I couldn't say, but I do believe in a compassionate and loving God who isn't going to send someone to hell because he has the misfortune to, in the aftermath of a tragic accident that claimed his family, renounce his faith, and then get crushed by a falling piano seconds later.

Imagican said:
Solo said:

So, Solo, is what you offer an indication that we 'don't even have to run the race'? That it has already been run for us?
The race that we are running, is as believers, not unbelievers. Unbelievers are not in the race. Is the race already run for us? No, the race is not run for us, we are running the race as defined in the scriptures:

1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author F41 and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Hebrews 12:1-3

Imagican said:
And aren't we ALL born of God and some simply choose to live for satan.

Not all are born of God. All are born of the flesh, but only those that believe in the Word of God that Jesus died for the sins of the world and resurrected so that those that believe will not perish, but have eternal life.

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:5-20

Imagican said:
And only those born of Christ are saved?

As Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, unless one is born of the Spirit, one cannot see or enter the Kingdom of God. He goes on to teach that those that believe and come to the light will have eternal life. (vs. 5 & vs. 15 - 16)

Imagican said:
I mean I know how you like to interchange the words Father, Son, Spirit, and God, but let us remember what the Word says and allow personal interpretation take it from there. I mean, I don't believe that you or I either one have the authority or understanding to offer anything other than that revealed.

Go by the scripture above in this case then, and know that unless an individual is born of the Spirit, he will be condemned. Those that believe are not condemned, but are saved. (vs. 17 - 18)

Imagican said:
And what you offer is only revealed to a certain percentage of those that KNOW that they are 'saved'. What about the rest of us? Do you feel comfortable in your judgement of our souls concerning your statement above?

According to the scripture above, the Spirit reveals the Word of God to those becoming believers, and these believers are made alive spiritually by the Spirit when they are born from above. (The word translated "again" in born again is also translated "from above" in the book of John)

The offer of God is revealed to those that the Spirit quickens, but because man loves darkness over the light of Jesus Christ because their deeds are evil, they stay in the darkness, and reject the light; therefore they will be condemned. (vs. 19 - 20)

Imagican said:
Never forget, our understanding is our 'own' understanding. But, our judgement will determine how we ourselves will be judged. If we judge righteously.............., but boy, if we don't....................scary thought and one that most would be well advised to avoid if at all possible. Really no need to bring more upon ourselves than necessary.

Each person has a choice when the Spirit reveals the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to them. Their choice is made as to whether they believe or do not believe. Those that are saved will not suffer condemnation, but those who continue in the darkness will continue to be condemned.

Solo,

I may not agree with you all the time but your last post is something I agree with entirely. Good job. :biggrin

Nocturnal_Principal_X said:
Solo,

I may not agree with you all the time but your last post is something I agree with entirely. Good job. :biggrin
Thanks. Keep up the good work. You would be surprised what you and I agree upon! :wink:

Solo said:
Each person has a choice when the Spirit reveals the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to them. Their choice is made as to whether they believe or do not believe. Those that are saved will not suffer condemnation, but those who continue in the darkness will continue to be condemned.
And I thought it was the Holy Spirit that enabled us to believe. Are you saying that we can actually choose NOT to be born again?

mutzrein said:
Solo said:
And I thought it was the Holy Spirit that enabled us to believe. Are you saying that we can actually choose NOT to be born again?
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:5-20

Solo said:
mutzrein said:
Solo said:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:5-20

Ah, so you think that believing is a decision of the intellect or will?

Salvation comes from the will to follow Christ. For even the Demons know (intellectually) of the LORD and tremble.

All men KNOW deep down that the Lord is and who He is, so that man is without excuse.

GundamZero wrote:

If one is saved from their transgressions by the blood of Christ, it's a one time deal and there is no going back. You are not your own because you have been bought at a price(1 Corin. 6:19-20). Your life is also hidden in Christ (Col. 3:3).

If I read your post correctly, you almost described salvation from a Islamic perspective. In Islam, there is no promise or guarantee of heaven.

Those who are not written on the book of life were never followers of Christ from the get go.

Shaitiger, you just took my post, denounced it ,and said the same thing. :wink:

Jesus himself said that many will say "Lord, Lord." But not all of them are going to heaven. It is entirely possible to go through the motions and believe some how you are saved by going to church or reading the Bible.

So I'll say it again. He who the Son sets free is free indeed. One is not freed, he was not freed by the Son. Many will say, "I am a Christian", but only those who follow Jesus and believe deep in their heart are truly saved.

mutzrein said:
Solo said:
mutzrein said:
Solo said:

Ah, so you think that believing is a decision of the intellect or will?
Neither. It is a Spiritual response.

GundamZero said:
Salvation comes from the will to follow Christ. For even the Demons know (intellectually) of the LORD and tremble.

All men KNOW deep down that the Lord is and who He is, so that man is without excuse.

GundamZero wrote:

Shaitiger, you just took my post, denounced it ,and said the same thing. :wink:

Jesus himself said that many will say "Lord, Lord." But not all of them are going to heaven. It is entirely possible to go through the motions and believe some how you are saved by going to church or reading the Bible.

So I'll say it again. He who the Son sets free is free indeed. One is not freed, he was not freed by the Son. Many will say, "I am a Christian", but only those who follow Jesus and believe deep in their heart are truly saved.

Amen Gundam :angel:

Back