Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How loving and merciful God is that he loves all people and desires that all repent and come to believe! For God so loved the world....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If the only thing a man has when he stands before God is that he enjoyed the mercy and kindness of God, it will be a sad meeting.
The testimony of Christ is the mercy that saves us, belief in His rising from the dead, is the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Ghost. That is the love of God shed into our hearts by the Holy Ghost given to us.

Next after that, is the testimony of how all can tell if the love of God is in anyone or not in them. ( whether they believed in Christ risen, or never believed) is when they never shut up their compassion from anyone. Because if we love one another, God is dwelling in us and His love ( which He shed into our hearts through belief He rose form the dead.) is perfected in us. ( it is not perfected in us when we show we have no compassion, and is ass much as anyone can do when they have no love of God shed into their heart by belief in the risen Lord Jesus Christ.)

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

At the end of his life, the apostle Paul was deeply satisfied that he had accomplished the works God had set him aside to do. He had finished his course. He did not write about how great it was that he was saved.
The works that Apostle Paul did, was showing the afflictions of Christ in his body for the church's sake. ( Apostle Paul had kept the faith, as testified.)

Colossians 1, shows the same thing as 2 Timothy 4, for the believers to continue in the faith ( to fight the good fight of faith, and to keep the faith.) to not be moved away from the hope ( we are saved by hope) of the Gospel.

No such works were taught to save us, but the work of NOT MOVING AWAY FROM THE HOPE WE HAD HEARD. (to fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ, is to finish the course, as Christ endured the cross, and this is what we are enduring and must continue to endure.)

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Colossians 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Then we are testified, to look to Jesus that author and FINISHER OF OUR FAITH. ( as Paul had said he had finished his course) as Christ endured the cross for the joy set before Him ( as Apostle Paul did speak of the crown set before him.)

We consider Him who ENDURED( charity endures all things.) such contradiction of sinners, so we also do not be wearied and faint in our minds( do not go away from the hope of the Gospel, continue to fight the good fight, and keep the faith.)

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Dorothy Mae, may criticise how some of a paragraph may not contain what they approve of, but how many things do people on the forums write, that they never alter, never stop blaspheming the name of God.

The devil gives wealth to his own ministers.
Like who? Can you name names? Otherwise this is doubtful.
Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
Jesus is not a name you can name who did this. So who is this and how do you know? Let’s have a name so we can see if it be so.

How come Jesus never told the heathen not to worry about their needs as the Devil will supply all they need???

Last edited:
Dorothy Mae, may criticise how some of a paragraph may not contain what they approve of, but how many things do people on the forums write, that they never alter, never stop blaspheming the name of God.
Your post inaccurately represents my position as well as my deeds and words. As God is my witness, I am nothing close to what you accuse me of being.

Your post inaccurately represents my position as well as my deeds and words. As God is my witness, I am nothing close to what you accuse me of being.
Faith is the work, it is the work of faith with love, that is why Christ shows it is the Father in Him that does the works ( faith.)

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

1 Thessalonians 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

The devil supplies the needs of the rich, who are not rich in faith.( as faith is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8.)

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

James 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

God:

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Or men:

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

So you should be 🤪😉.

Seriously, it is a pleasure to see a case being presented with vigour (and with accuracy of content) but without rancour.

A refreshing change, to be sure.

Blessings.
It isn’t always easy. Sometimes I write stuff and God makes me delete it. But I have to admit, even His correction is sweet. To know one is hearing God Almighty is its own reward. And He explains Himself to me now (after many hard decades) because I have learned to obey. It’s a rigorous school.

Back