Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How many “churches” are there?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Then there is no one to send!
All have sinned! Rom 3:23
Jesus didn't sin.
Paul was citing OT scrips' when he wrote Rom 3.
God has provided all we need in order to live a godly life.
Repentance from sin, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, the destruction of the old man and rebirth of the new man reborn from God's seed, the gift of the Holy Ghost.
If one's "turn from" sin is true, he will be a non-sinner from then on.

Jesus didn't sin.
Paul was citing OT scrips' when he wrote Rom 3.
God has provided all we need in order to live a godly life.
Repentance from sin, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, the destruction of the old man and rebirth of the new man reborn from God's seed, the gift of the Holy Ghost.
If one's "turn from" sin is true, he will be a non-sinner from then on.
Where does it say Christ removed the sin nature and put us back to the state of original innocence of the garden of Eden, no deny thyself is the remedy

Where does it say Christ removed the sin nature and put us back to the state of original innocence of the garden of Eden, no deny thyself is the remedy
2 Cor 5:17..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
One is either the old creature, (with its old nature), or one is a new creature and reborn of God's seed.

2 Cor 5:17..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
One is either the old creature, (with its old nature), or one is a new creature and reborn of God's seed.
So you are incapable of sin?

So you are incapable of sin?
I am not "incapable" of sin.
But I serve God and have been reborn of His seed.
And, as 1 John 3:9 makes clear..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

As fig seeds cannot bear grapes, neither can God's seed bear the devil's fruit.

As far as how many denominations called heresies .As many as two or three that gather together under his name or power as it is writen. Three makes a family or nation that some call a tribe

Matthew 18:16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

As far as how many denominations called heresies .As many as two or three that gather together under his name or power as it is writen. Three makes a family or nation that some call a tribe

Matthew 18:16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Sola scriptura?

definition:
Scripture is the only “sole” authority.

1st scripture must tell us what is and what is not scripture is there is no other authority to so!

2nd scripture must provide interpretation cos there is no other authority to do so!

So sola scriptura is wrong just as the rest of the sola’s are wrong!

“Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men unto
Eternal salvation”: matt 6:33 Matt 28:28 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8, 2:42, 8:31 Jn 16:13, 20:21-23 Matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:16 1 Jn 1:4

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 13:11
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 4:11
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
1 Jn 4:6
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Christians must be taught or instructed by the one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church! Lk 1:4 Matt 28:19, Lk 10:16, Jn 20:21
Acts 8:31, Colossians 2:7

Thanks

Or a list of the Ten Commandments would be nice?

Or the commandments in Matt 28:20?

Or acts 1:2?

???

Sola scriptura?

definition:
Scripture is the only “sole” authority.

1st scripture must tell us what is and what is not scripture is there is no other authority to so!
Scriptura is the living word of God it powerfully opposes the oral traditions of dying mankind .the kind like that of Saul before his born agin conversation He a false zeal murdering torturing men and woman . The misperceived competition as if we did wrestle against flesh and blood the temporal things seen . The pagan tradition called a law of the fathers Venerable men that lord it over the faith of the non venerable pew sitters . Out of sight out of mind . as in we refuse to worship a invisible God as Our Holy Father .Just trusting the temporal things seen not the unseen eternal thing of God

Paul when born agin from above became public enemy #1 wanted dead or alive again judging him according to thier oral tradition. . vernate the flesh of dying makin They tried to prove sola scriptura (all things written in the law and prophets) was heresy (oral traditons) and thier law of men the true source of faith

Acts 24: 13-14 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:. . . . . .(Sola scriptura)

Paul worshiped the God of the fathers dying flesh and blood the legion of fathers as disembodied gods that some call patron saints . the living seeking the dead rather than the power of all things written in the law and prophets

Scriptura is the living word of God it powerfully opposes the oral traditions of dying mankind .the kind like that of Saul before his born agin conversation He a false zeal murdering torturing men and woman . The misperceived competition as if we did wrestle against flesh and blood the temporal things seen . The pagan tradition called a law of the fathers Venerable men that lord it over the faith of the non venerable pew sitters . Out of sight out of mind . as in we refuse to worship a invisible God as Our Holy Father .Just trusting the temporal things seen not the unseen eternal thing of God

Paul when born agin from above became public enemy #1 wanted dead or alive again judging him according to thier oral tradition. . vernate the flesh of dying makin They tried to prove sola scriptura (all things written in the law and prophets) was heresy (oral traditons) and thier law of men the true source of faith

Acts 24: 13-14 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:. . . . . .(Sola scriptura)

Paul worshiped the God of the fathers dying flesh and blood the legion of fathers as disembodied gods that some call patron saints . the living seeking the dead rather than the power of all things written in the law and prophets
Only the original manuscripts were the “word of God”!

All we have are copies and translations

Only Jesus Christ is the “living” word!

Christ and his church are one!
The church has the same mission power and authority as Christ!

Tradition is every word the apostles heard Christ speak and the same He commanded them to teach all men!

The church is an extension of Christ!

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42

Still waiting on the list of commandments???
Ten?
Matt 28:20?
Acts 1:2?

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!
Jesus the Christ the anointing or teaching power of God is attributed to the Father. Not Jesus the Son of man dying mankind.

The apostles sent messengers had the authority working in them, but we would never say the power comes from the feet of the apostles shod with the gospel of peace.

It is the same power of faith that works in apostles today. He is still sending them out two by two . Two the one witness God has spoken.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Jesus the Christ the anointing or teaching power of God is attributed to the Father. Not Jesus the Son of man dying mankind.

The apostles sent messengers had the authority working in them, but we would never say the power comes from the feet of the apostles shod with the gospel of peace.

It is the same power of faith that works in apostles today. He is still sending them out two by two . Two the one witness God has spoken.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
You say sola scriptura! Why not actually believe what it says?

Matt 6:33

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Why seek the kingdom accept to be taught the truth! Jn 8:32

You say sola scriptura! Why not actually believe what it says?

Matt 6:33

Why seek the kingdom accept to be taught the truth! Jn 8:32
It would seem you use another meaning for sent one's, messenger of God. Sent one not highly venerable one that lord it over the faith of the non- venerable .therefore hearing the commandment of dying mankind venerable ones that puff themselves above all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

1 Corinthians 4:6-7King James Version And these things, brethren, I have in a figure (parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Is it ok to puff up the apostles above sola scriptura or do we accredit God for moving the feet of the apostles with sola scriptura the gospel of Christ?

1 Corthians 3:6-7 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

We gain nothing from sent ones. We do from the unseen Holy Father. It is very clear own reward according to one's own labor.

Scripture verse please that prove the bible is not the final authority. sola scriptura the reformation agent as the power of God in any time period.

It would seem you use another meaning for sent one's, messenger of God. Sent one not highly venerable one that lord it over the faith of the non- venerable .therefore hearing the commandment of dying mankind venerable ones that puff themselves above all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

1 Corinthians 4:6-7King James Version And these things, brethren, I have in a figure (parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Is it ok to puff up the apostles above sola scriptura or do we accredit God for moving the feet of the apostles with sola scriptura the gospel of Christ?

1 Corthians 3:6-7 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

We gain nothing from sent ones. We do from the unseen Holy Father. It is very clear own reward according to one's own labor.

Scripture verse please that prove the bible is not the final authority. sola scriptura the reformation agent as the power of God in any time period.
It is Christ who does so!
Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me!

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!

They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of jurisdictional authority! Open and shut And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Thanks

Back