Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

how much do we allow others to control us?

if you have faith, and a relation ship, with the risen Lord Jesus, and believe in Gods guidence and wisdom.

how much do we allow!, the wrong kind of pressure from other people, to drive us, or base our judgements and dissisions, on what other people may think, rather than just doing and only doing, that which the Lord has asked us, nothing more nothing less,

learning to say no, and really only doing, that which we feel we should.

johnny :yes

I think the nature of most people is to get smug about what they think, it's clearly not our job to instruct people on righteousness, it is the spirit of Christ which does this for us when we consult Him. Our roles are to facilitate a relationship with Christ and The Father through quoting scripture to correct false assumptions. Any of our own words we come up with may have a measure of divinity but they are not purely divine like the words in the Bible.

Religion is manifested by taking principle conclusions and sharing that conclusion with others. If someone does not have Christ in their life they can't properly comprehend the truth it holds. It is only when a person is prepared to hear the truth from the spirit of Christ that He can reveal it to them.

A lot of the judgemental manifestations are attributed to those who don't have Christ in their life sharing something they've heard but not properly understood. Sadly a lot of church's are more bent on maintaining their hierarchy of power over the flock than distributing the gift of having a relationship with Christ. It's sad to see this happening, but I guess everything has a purpose in the grand scheme of life..

Due to peer pressure all humans are greatly influenced,a type of subtle control, by their friends and relatives,so much so that you can tell a great deal about a person's moral values by just talking to his or her friends.That is why the following teaching which sometimes is referenced in churches as a guideline for marriage, is such a vital warning for all personal relationships:

2 Corinthians 6:14 (New King James Version)

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what FELLOWSHIP (not marriage) has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

I wish more Christians would say :amen

i thought this was good

It happens more than it should, there's influences every day from family, friends and others to do something you know deep down is not right for you, to stand up for what you believe in will cause strife, maybe turn some people against you,in the end what is more important ,we answer to God, only what He wants us to do matters. Be blessed.

of course I cant allow others who speaks by their ignorance, to control me. sometimes people don't know the reason behind our decision. then they judge us with many arguments. all we can do is just take it, without debate. when our explanation doesn't work, i'd rather choose to be silent. cause explaining our reason is not always solve the problem.
:yes
God bless you, people...

Back