Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how much of life is waiting?

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Waiting
For your car to be serviced
On the phone to speak to customer service
At the doctor's
physical therapist waiting room
for some delivery to arrive
For life to end...?????

What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare!

One thing I and many others have enjoyed about the lockdown and isolation, is the slowing down of the pace of life.

If you don't have to wait, if everything is dealt with at once, what would you use that extra time for?

Do you really have to travel everywhere by car?

Is your time that valuable, that you cannot wait.

A challenge for anyone reading this.
Prof Robert 'Dick'Wilson spoke over 40 languages, he learnt them by using his 'spare' time. He would carry a dictionary or grammar book and would memorise words, grammar etc while sitting on a bus etc.

Look him up, the results of his study into the languages in the OT confirm that the OT is what it claims to be. Those ideas it was written many years after are nonsense.
As I said check him out.

I am waiting for some caring person to let me use their shower. I live in a room at the church that does not have one. The gyms are closed. The shower at the homeless shelter is closed. I have asked everyone of my friends if I could use their shower and they say I might infect them. I am disheartened by the selfishness in the world and I am WAITING for people to change. It is tedious.

I am waiting for some caring person to let me use their shower. I live in a room at the church that does not have one. The gyms are closed. The shower at the homeless shelter is closed. I have asked everyone of my friends if I could use their shower and they say I might infect them. I am disheartened by the selfishness in the world and I am WAITING for people to change. It is tedious.
With friends like that, who needs enemies.

Waiting
For your car to be serviced
On the phone to speak to customer service
At the doctor's
physical therapist waiting room
for some delivery to arrive
For life to end...?????

Or waiting for a star to fall perhaps? Three Men and A Little Lady song!! :D

Gee, that sucks. I know that I'm still waiting for the world to change.

waiting for a compliment from a random stranger....... See toldya I was weird...

Not as weird as I am though. XD!!

Everyone you meet wherever you are is a potential Christian. You don't even have to tell them about Christ. Just wear a cross. When I had to go to the emergency room they took my cross so I'm going to get a tattoo on my wrist. Go in my name and because you believe others will know that I live.

I was ordering some business cards one day and the Holy Spirit told me to create a business card that said God loves you. A minute later I found a card that had huge letters and just enough spaces to say God loves you with two hands reaching out for each other. So the Holy Spirit not only told me what to do but he picked the card out for me. Every time I meet somebody and they're not hostile I give them a card. Most people thank me. One lady burst out in tears and said I really needed that. I didn't say anything about Christ but God is a good start. And of course I wear my cross.
God love you card (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back