Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

how much of satans kingdom can be exposed by Christians

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I see a day coming when even Christians will stand in the way of exposing the kingdoms of satan, anyone eles see this day coming or have you already seen it put in place

I seem to remember Prophecy to that effect.

Matthew 10:21; Psalms 50:20; Micah 7:6; Matthew 10:35,36; Mark 13:12; Luke 12:53.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary said:
Regarding Matthew 10:16-42 (in part)

"Our Lord warned his disciples to prepare for persecution.

They were to avoid all things which gave advantage to their enemies, all meddling with worldly or political concerns, all appearance of evil or selfishness, and all underhand measures. Christ foretold troubles, not only that the troubles might not be a surprise, but that they might confirm their faith. He tells them what they should suffer, and from whom. Thus Christ has dealt fairly and faithfully with us, in telling us the worst we can meet with in his service; and he would have us deal so with ourselves, in sitting down and counting the cost.

Persecutors are worse than beasts, in that they prey upon those of their own kind."

These are ancient conversations into which we enter, is this something like what you had in mind?

What if I could expose all of it but no one believed me including fellow christians? Then what would it matter.

I seem to remember Prophecy to that effect.

Matthew 10:21; Psalms 50:20; Micah 7:6; Matthew 10:35,36; Mark 13:12; Luke 12:53.

These are ancient conversations into which we enter, is this something like what you had in mind?

Ephesians 5:11-13
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. <SUP class=versenum>12 </SUP>For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. <SUP class=versenum>13 </SUP>But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. <SUP class=versenum>14 </SUP>Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

we are told we should expose the works of darkness, lets say you lived in the days of Nero, and you knew Nero was going to burn his own city and blame the Christians, thus making them targets of hatred in their own land, can you imagine your fellow Christians telling you not to warn any believers of this coming day...................this is more along the lines of the exposure I'm talking about

What if I could expose all of it but no one believed me including fellow christians? Then what would it matter.

I believe Jonah felt the same way about Nineveh, but all it took was his obedience and it spared Ninevehs destruction for 150 years, I think America could use a good Jonah about now!.......America needs repentance..........but then again if nobody wants to acknowledge why! then it seems much like most sinners who refuse to repent there is no forgiveness of sins and no salvation will come

Scripture: Isaiah 29:10

For the Lord has poured out on you the spirit of deep sleep. And He has closed your eyes, the prophets; and your heads, the seers, He has covered and muffled. Isaiah 29:10 (AMP)

The prophets are called the eyes. This is the function of the prophets --to be the eyes of the body of Christ. They are to provide vision so the church may go forward without stumbling; staying on the path that she has been called to walk.

Until the prophets take their rightful place in the ministry, the church will continue to grope, stumble, and be subject to unnecessary difficulties and dangers. The Lord said:

Luke 11:34 (KJV)
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

First, if we are going to function as the eyes of the body, we must be careful how we use our own eyes. Job showed great wisdom in this: "I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I gaze at a virgin?" Job 31:1. Job made a covenant with his eyes not to look upon something that would cause him to stumble. If our eyes are single, fixed upon the Lord, our whole body will be full of light. Notice what Job thought about the consequence of the other side of the choice there:
"7 ...if my steps have turned from the path,
if my heart has been led by my eyes,
or if my hands have been defiled,
8 then may others eat what I have sown,
and may my crops be uprooted.
To be prophetic, we must have the eyes of our hearts opened, not the eyes of our minds. The primary way this happens is when we focus upon the Lord, which means beholding His calling, not just our own, the glory of His inheritance, not just our inheritance, and the surpassing greatness of His power, not our own abilities. We will only have true prophetic vision to the degree that we are looking through His eyes. Paul said that we (all Christians) should not be ignorant of Spirituals, and would do well to seek the gift (prophecy) that edifies.

We must also see more clearly with the eyes of our heart than we do with our physical eyes. What we see in the spiritual realm must be more real to us than what we see in the natural realm. Abraham was a prophet and a great example of one whose vision in his heart was more powerful than what he could see with his natural eyes. He left the greatest culture on earth because he was looking for the city whose builder and maker was GOD. He saw into the future and lived by that vision just as if it were present reality. Jesus confirmed in John 8:56 “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day; and he saw it and was glad”.

I think that part of it also is that prophecy must be fulfilled. If we were meant to change everything, the prophecies would become wrong. It's like having a dream of the future and it's bad things. As the events reach your current life you realize that there is nothing you can possibly do to change the outcome of the situation(s) taking place. Almost like seeing it was a curse of not being able to change it. Or having a vision in waking state and when it happens in the future, it never living up to how profound you thought it was going to be. Just a glimpse into the future for no apparent reason.

I think that part of it also is that prophecy must be fulfilled. If we were meant to change everything, the prophecies would become wrong. It's like having a dream of the future and it's bad things. As the events reach your current life you realize that there is nothing you can possibly do to change the outcome of the situation(s) taking place. Almost like seeing it was a curse of not being able to change it. Or having a vision in waking state and when it happens in the future, it never living up to how profound you thought it was going to be. Just a glimpse into the future for no apparent reason.

good point! I'm not so sure we could change the course that God has for satan and what satan is doing in his kingdoms, but a wise christian would seemingly want to know what and where these kingdoms exist, so as not to be deceived by them and led astray

The prophets are called the eyes. This is the function of the prophets --to be the eyes of the body of Christ. They are to provide vision so the church may go forward without stumbling; staying on the path that she has been called to walk.

Until the prophets take their rightful place in the ministry, the church will continue to grope, stumble, and be subject to unnecessary difficulties and dangers. The Lord said:

First, if we are going to function as the eyes of the body, we must be careful how we use our own eyes. Job showed great wisdom in this: "I have made a covenant with my eyes; how then could I gaze at a virgin?" Job 31:1. Job made a covenant with his eyes not to look upon something that would cause him to stumble. If our eyes are single, fixed upon the Lord, our whole body will be full of light. Notice what Job thought about the consequence of the other side of the choice there:
"7 ...if my steps have turned from the path,
if my heart has been led by my eyes,
or if my hands have been defiled,
8 then may others eat what I have sown,
and may my crops be uprooted.
To be prophetic, we must have the eyes of our hearts opened, not the eyes of our minds. The primary way this happens is when we focus upon the Lord, which means beholding His calling, not just our own, the glory of His inheritance, not just our inheritance, and the surpassing greatness of His power, not our own abilities. We will only have true prophetic vision to the degree that we are looking through His eyes. Paul said that we (all Christians) should not be ignorant of Spirituals, and would do well to seek the gift (prophecy) that edifies.

We must also see more clearly with the eyes of our heart than we do with our physical eyes. What we see in the spiritual realm must be more real to us than what we see in the natural realm. Abraham was a prophet and a great example of one whose vision in his heart was more powerful than what he could see with his natural eyes. He left the greatest culture on earth because he was looking for the city whose builder and maker was GOD. He saw into the future and lived by that vision just as if it were present reality. Jesus confirmed in John 8:56 “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day; and he saw it and was glad”.

I believe to some people the spiritual kingdoms are as plain to see and identify as they manifest in many ways in real brick and mortar

Exposing evil does cause a reaction, certainly. We need to be certain, for one, that our eye is clear. That's sometimes overlooked because we all love ourselves; it's a given. Prayerful consideration and asking the Lord to help with some heart-searching is advised even when what is being said is "wrong". The typical "whiplash" effect is for the one who was embarrassed to go about pointing elsewhere, not accept correction in order to change, but dig the trench a little deeper. It's the ol' resent, resist, revenge cycle which is not a Godly response.

If in fact, one is being ridiculed or picked on or cursed for the sake of righteousness? Rejoice! Your reward in heaven is great. Patiently endure, continue to pray, and see comments above.

Exposing evil does cause a reaction, certainly. We need to be certain, for one, that our eye is clear. That's sometimes overlooked because we all love ourselves; it's a given. Prayerful consideration and asking the Lord to help with some heart-searching is advised even when what is being said is "wrong". The typical "whiplash" effect is for the one who was embarrassed to go about pointing elsewhere, not accept correction in order to change, but dig the trench a little deeper. It's the ol' resent, resist, revenge cycle which is not a Godly response.

I would say the unGodly response would be blocking the information as to the reality that satan has kingdoms on this earth, he had kingdoms he was willing to give Jesus back in Mathew 4:8 do you think his kingdoms have grown or do you think they are smaller

more importantly do you realize that his kingdoms while spiritual are made up of real people, much like the kingdom of God is made up of real God loving worshiping believers

I would say the unGodly response would be blocking the information as to the reality that satan has kingdoms on this earth, he had kingdoms he was willing to give Jesus back in Mathew 4:8 do you think his kingdoms have grown or do you think they are smaller

more importantly do you realize that his kingdoms while spiritual are made up of real people, much like the kingdom of God is made up of real God loving worshiping believers
This isn't about me, is it? Why the hostility? If it's about the forum stance on speech that leads to conspiracy, say so. But in another thread, please.

Satan lost....Christ is the victor! He is the Light the darkness goes away in the Light...

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back