Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Old Are You ?

703 Months for me, 3065 Weeks, 21455 Days, 514920 Hours, 30895222 Minutes, 1853713329 Seconds, 1853713329133 Milliseconds

2116864790291 Milliseconds TOG you are just a baby :) you too Lewis

*The TOG gets out his Galculator* (No, that's not a typo)

Let's see... Start with 2116864790291 and divide by 1000 to get the seconds. That means move the decimal... uh... three places to the right... no... the left. Then we have to divide by 60 to get minutes and then 60 again to get hours. Uh... 60+60=120. We can round that off and say 100, so move the decimal another two places to the left. then we have to divide by 365 to get years. That means another two places to the left and then divide by 3. That means you're... uh... 70,562 years old? Would you like to join the evolution vs. creation debate?

The TOG​

It can't be used by ppl born before 1900 or after 1999. Why is this is age restricted?

If you view the page info, you'll see that it was made on September 6 2008. People born after 1999 were 8 years old or less at the time, and should have been doing better things with their time than calculating how many milliseconds (if they even knew what that means) old they were. People born before 1900 probably didn't want to think about how old they were.

The TOG​

Last edited:
A little less than 12 days is 1,000,000 seconds.
It would take a couple days shy of 32 years for 1 billion seconds to have passed.

Consider ratio of 12 Days to 32 Years. Look at a baby just a little older than a week and compare to an adult. Remember the ratio the next time you encounter a large number. What's the difference b/w a million and a billion? Bigger than you thought, right?

If you view the page info, you'll see that it was made on September 6 2008. People born after 1999 were 8 years old or less at the time, and should have been doing better things with their time than calculating how many milliseconds (if they even knew what that means) old they were.

The TOG​
I worked on the Y2k team in an IT department back in '98. It's not like it's that tough.

Also, it's being presented as an aid to teach time. What good is it for kids who don't yet know but can't use?

Last edited:
I worked on the Y2k team in an IT department back in '98. It's not like it's that tough.

Also, it's being presented as an aid to teach time. What good is it for kids who don't yet know but can't use?

The programming would have been easy. All they would have had to do was to ask people to enter the entire year instead of just the last two digits. I think the guy behind the page was just thinking about who would be using it then, and not thinking so much about the future. He probably didn't think it would still be there 5 years later, when those kids would be teenagers, or that it might still be there 5 years from now when they are graduating from high school. Maybe he planned on updating it later, but never got around to it. (It seems that round tuits are hard to come by.)

The TOG​

I will say this' life is short' if you live to be 80 or 100 you are still not here that long. I am 58 and I want to know where all those years went. Your life is but a vapor says the Bible.

Back