Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How will I fight back?

Shema

CF Ambassador
Green Modern Coming Soon Instagram Post_20240712_101641_0000.png
An Emoji Devotional for Fri 12 July 2024

Topic: How will I fight Back?

Highlight:
The Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert, so that the devil could test him. Matthew 4:1

You cannot believe this. I tell you that most fights were to be fought in the wilderness. It was the wilderness that all the stories of Jesus's ministry scripted from beginning to the end. God forbid, If Jesus had failed that test, you and I would not have been saved Christians by now.

What surprised me is that it was the Holy Spirit who led Jesus into that desert so the devil could test him. Why desert? Why not to the temple or to the sea shore? What did the Holy Spirit want Jesus do? To fight back, you have to been led by the Spirit.

Did Jesus christ went to fight the devil? No, because he went on for forty days without food. This mean the devil was also in the same desert. The devil might have even fasted for some days which I cannot specify but they both went to the desert because an event is about to happen that will change the history of humanity forever.

The devil knows what is at stake so he took the risk to be audacious but he is never confident enough and incoherent in his chats because the presence of Jesus is greater to make the devil insane and incoherent for the rest of his career. The devil's first words is no Greetings or exchange of pleasantries. That was the first time the devil was afraid to speak. He could see the twelves battle ready Armies of angels watching him to say something against the plan and they could finish him.

Matthew 26:53 "Don't you know that I could ask my Father, and he would at once send me more than twelve armies of angels?"

The way Jesus answered the devil is like someone who already defined a contest as a winner vs loser.

Jesus answered, “The Scriptures say: ‘No one can live only on food. People need every word that God has spoken.’ ”
The angels are there asking the devil is that all you got? The devil tried and tried but he could not even stand the wisdom of God let alone stand a chance to be coherent in all his word. Without mincing words it's likely that the devil fell off hitting his head on a stone and rolled down the cliff.

"In heaven the Lord laughs as he sits on his throne, making fun of the nations." Psalms 2:4

‭This made the dragon terribly angry with the woman. So it started a war against the rest of her children. They are the people who obey God and are faithful to what Jesus did and taught. The dragon stood on the beach beside the sea. (Revelation 12:17-18)

So how you fight back? Be lead by the Holy Spirit and be loaded with wisdom of God's word. Watch and pray. Matthew 26:41, Ephesians 6:13

Prayer: Lord Jesus I ask that you grant me grace to use your wisdom and my wisdom from now on. In Jesus name. Amen

Back