Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] HUMAN GENOME PROJECT: QUANTITATIVE DISPROOF OF EVOLUTION

I couldn't find what you were looking at. Maybe if you open the article you found out of its frame and post that link? Or tell us which links to click from the main web page?

I finally managed to find it (he search seemed messed up). I had to go to "Scientific Evidence for Creationism" and then to the Human Genome Project.

I read through it. The author does not appear to understand evolution, so the analysis is pretty bad. He only looks at the random mutation part of evolution. And if evolution was just random mutation, he would be correct.

However, evolution is also natural selection. So that is an algorithm that makes evolution directed. With that, all of his arguments fail.

It is so sad to see so much bias and compressed ignorance in these web pages.

The arguments seem to be "We don't know everything yet, therefore it is wrong." Or "Some bad data was taken, therefore the theory is bad." Or they give objections that have been answered countless times they haave their own FAQ.

If you want to talk about one or several objections separately to show the bias, ignorance and deception in your web pages, we can do that.

It is just sad that science is being perverted by people who rather have dogma over reality.

Quath' give me some facts' that proves evolution. Because many men do not want to admit' devine creation' so they will hold on to these proven flawed theories of evolution. you know some people must be out of their minds to' look all around them everywhere' and at everything and not see God in all of this. As the intelligent designer. But in hell they will know then.

Lewis W said:
Quath' give me some facts' that proves evolution. Because many men do not want to admit' devine creation' so they will hold on to these proven flawed theories of evolution. you know some people must be out of their minds to' look all around them everywhere' and at everything and not see God in all of this. As the intelligent designer. But in hell they will know then.
They use to look around say say "The weather proves there are gods., Its obvious." Then they looked around and say "The planets move because there are gods." People easily look for the simple answer. Finding reality involves more work.

I do not believe in evolution because I reject the idea of God. When I did believe in God, I accepted evolution because it made too much sense.

Anways, here is a good website called "29+ Evidences for Macroevolution." It has many good concepts that are plainly explained and then documented with the proofs.

Quath and anyone else' you cannot prove evolution. Evolution does not have a mind. Evolution cannot say' well I think I will make a monkey today' or a fish. Evolution can't do this' even over a length of time. Evolution does not have a mind. If a person can't look around and see God everywhere and in all things' something is wrong with that person.

Lewis W said:
Quath and anyone else' you cannot prove evolution. Evolution does not have a mind. Evolution cannot say' well I think I will make a monkey today' or a fish. Evolution can't do this' even over a length of time. Evolution does not have a mind. If a person can't look around and see God everywhere and in all things' something is wrong with that person.
I can not "prove" gravity either. Gravity does not have a mind. Gravity does not say "I will pull this apple today."

So why do you accept gravity and not evolution?

If you want to see God everywhere, you will see him everywhere. That is just plain ole human bias. However, if you want to find the objective truth, you have to work against your biases and try to see fresh.

Quath said:
I can not "prove" gravity either. Gravity does not have a mind. Gravity does not say "I will pull this apple today."

So why do you accept gravity and not evolution?

If you want to see God everywhere, you will see him everywhere. That is just plain ole human bias. However, if you want to find the objective truth, you have to work against your biases and try to see fresh.
What part of the spiritual realm can you examine with science? None of it.

Only those who have been born of God can experience and know the spiritual realm. Those who have been born physically blind cannot see the physical realm; just as the spiritually blind cannot see the spiritual realm.

If you ever become born of God, you will then know.

Thank you for that Solo. And now as for you Quath' gravity is God's law. God set garvity in place so that his creation would not float away. It is just that simple. Man Quath' I hate to say it' but I think that you are going to do a Luke 16. you are the blindest person that I know.

Solo said:

Only those who have been born of God can experience and know the spiritual realm. Those who have been born physically blind cannot see the physical realm; just as the spiritually blind cannot see the spiritual realm.

If you experience the spiritual realm, then the spiritual is influencing the physical and it could be measured. Just as one example, you could get a 1000 Christians to pray for the same answers and see if they agree.

Lewis W said:
And now as for you Quath' gravity is God's law. God set garvity in place so that his creation would not float away. It is just that simple.
Then why not say the same for evolution? Just say that evolution is what God set up so life forms would evolve in the way he wanted?

You seem to have a problem with nonintelligent evolution, but you have no problem with nonintelligent gravity. You reconcile it by saying it was develiped by an intelligent being, so why not reconcile evolution in the same way?

Quath when your time comes' God is going to show' you something and you are not going to like it.

Quath said:
Solo said:

If you experience the spiritual realm, then the spiritual is influencing the physical and it could be measured. Just as one example, you could get a 1000 Christians to pray for the same answers and see if they agree.
Surely one who is so strict with the physical scientific observations must feel lacking with a statement like that. You have proved my point by making a false representation with a hypothetical statement that has not been shown to be false.

I am the product of thousands of believers praying across the country. I also recognized the spiritual realm immediately upon my salvation.

Science cannot observe the spiritual realm; it can only observe the physical realm. That is the undoing of all unbelievers who hold to science as their all-knowing.

Lewis W said:
Quath when your time comes' God is going to show' you something and you are not going to like it.
He is going to have to get in line behind Thor and Vishnu first. :)

Solo said:
Surely one who is so strict with the physical scientific observations must feel lacking with a statement like that. You have proved my point by making a false representation with a hypothetical statement that has not been shown to be false.
Not really, that test has been done over and over. Just look at the messages spewed forth by preachers and people talking to God. One says he accepts homosexuals in church and another says he wants them killed. One says that God says you must be baptised and another says that God says it is not required. One person says that God supports America in the war and another says that God didn't want American in the war.

So that shows that either God lies or people are deceived into thinking they talk to God when they really don't. I doubt you really like either of those conclusions.

He is going to have to get in line behind Thor and Vishnu first.

Hmmm' Thor and Vishnu huh Quath ?

Lewis W said:
He is going to have to get in line behind Thor and Vishnu first.

Hmmm' Thor and Vishnu huh Quath ?
Heh. That is assuming that Buddha and Quawteaht don't act all rude and break in line. And I have my eye on Ra. Oh, and don't get me started on Izanagi.

I will have lots of explaining to do. :) Yup. I think every god will have a word or two for me.

Lewis W said:

Thus is the crux of all Christian arguments "I have nothing intelligent to say any further, so my God's gonna beat you up!"

Back