Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothetical Question

Fastfredy0

Reformed Baptist
2024 Supporter
God comes up to you and says: "This isn't going to surprise you, but you're going to die. But, unlike most people I AM going to give you a choice such that I will tell you when you are going to die. Specifically, you will be told before hand. You can chose a minute, hour, day, week or whatever time period you wish to be told as advance warning of your upcoming death".

Question: What time period would you chose?

Last edited:
God comes up to you and says: "This isn't going to surprise you, but you're going to die. But, unlike most people I AM going to give you a choice such that I will tell you when you are going to die. Specifically, you will be told before hand. You can chose a minute, hour, day, week or whatever time period you wish to be told".

Now.

God comes up to you and says: "This isn't going to surprise you, but you're going to die. But, unlike most people I AM going to give you a choice such that I will tell you when you are going to die. Specifically, you will be told before hand. You can chose a minute, hour, day, week or whatever time period you wish to be told as advance warning of your upcoming death".

Get it over with .if I am to die then why worry about the day. It's not gonna change the fact I die.

My options are:
1) a minute
2) a hour
3) a day
4) a week
5) whatever

I think I'd rather not know (option 5). I try to live my life as if every day is my last.

Two months to get my earthly affairs in order.

57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.”
58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”
59 Then He said to another, “Follow Me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.”
60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”
61 And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.”
62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Luke 9:57-62 NKJV

I'd rather not be told.

Back